(OT) NYK -- Over/Under 47.5 Wins | Syracusefan.com

(OT) NYK -- Over/Under 47.5 Wins

Over. They will be an awesome regular season team and then likely get exposed again in the playoffs when teams ratchet up the defense.

You must not have seen the Knicks game tonight! Carmello and the boys blew out Miami.

Is that what the actual line is?

48-32 or better seems like a good bet. Over all day.

Over all day long. 50 wins is a lock for this team. L-O-C-K

Over. This team is deep and there are noticeable improvements on both an individual and team level. Novak is not just a spot up shooter anymore and that is huge. Being able to run two PGs at the same time is also huge, especially against Miami, as they like to take the ball out of the PGs hands by doubling. Can't do that anymore to NY. Lots of guys can take and make shots but the biggest difference is defense. There were very few breakdowns and open looks for Miami. Different team, different performance.

They are old and fragile, but if they can stay reasonably healthy I will take the over. Great game for them last night - a few observations:

1. Melo still forces too many shots, but he stepped up his rebounding & defense. He takes pride in playing against LeBron.

2. The jury is out as to whether or not Felton is a better player than Lin, but he is definitely is a better fit for this team & his D & toughness are light years ahead of Jeremy.

3. Kidd - I admit I did not like his signing - too old & too long on his contract, but he showed he still has some game left...at least for this season.

4. Disappointed in Prignoli - he simply could not get past his man & has much too much E-W play.

5. Brewer was a steal for what he brings to the court.

6. Knicks were missing two probable starters in Shump & Stat - they will need JR to provide some pop on the O end. JR is a great energy player, but sometimes not too smart as when he made a foolish foul on a two on one breakaway.

7. Chandler is a great leader.

8. Novak proving last season was no fluke. The man can shoot & he has a lightning release. He is also pretty scrappy for a guy who lacks athleticism.

9. Team has plenty of upside if they can get everybody back & healthy. I guess Camby is close. Rashard just might have a few effective minutes a night left in him as he gets back into shape.

I definitely saw the Knicks game tonight. I'll take the under all day.

All day and twice on Sunday? How you like them 6-0 apples Grozzy?

Absolutely Over. This team has KT and Camby just sitting there with fresh legs ( old yes) if needed to fill a gap. JR Smith is the bargain of the decade at the moment. He is playing like a 8 mill a year guy while making 2.5. This team is 6-0 and while having some good shooting nights, really has done it in rhythm without anyone playing out of their minds. The floor spacing is tremendous. The danger Melo presents as both a mid range scorer and a guy who will take it to the whole is finally presenting as a pick your poison type of offense. Add to that, Novak has been off the mark for a few games now. This team is just loaded with defense, shooting and offensive awareness.

The one concern I have is Amare - will he defend, rebound and be just a PNR finisher off the bench? If not - the best I could hope for would be he goes the route of Brandon Roy and the knicks get the retirement exception. Then they can go after a younger guy at the 4 spot and draft a defensive big to help keep the front court stacked. That and make sure JR is resigned.

I know Advanced Statistics mean nothing, but here you go:

Wages of Wins

They have the Knicks at 55 wins.

44cuse

Considering the Vegas line would make them 50% to get more than 47.5, a 6-0 start makes them an over 70% likelihood to go over.

Sorry, made a mistake, it should be 59% to cover.

All day and twice on Sunday? How you like them 6-0 apples Grozzy?

I'll be happy to be wrong... you can even start a count-down, but sooner or later JR Smith is going to start missing shots and long season is going to wear on an aging roster.

I'll be happy to be wrong... you can even start a count-down, but sooner or later JR Smith is going to start missing shots and long season is going to wear on an aging roster.

I am most worried about the second one. The Knicks have some extremely old guys, but the core of the rotation isn't old. Kidd isn't going to play a ton of minutes, and they have the 3 old big guys, but they all are filling one role; the back up 5.

Other basketball teams do not exist in this dojo.

(For at least the next few days)

Heyyy i'm looking pretty good. If the knicks finish 4-4 (including the game on now) I'll be dead on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom