OT - OJ: Made in America | Syracusefan.com

OT - OJ: Made in America

Eric15

Living Legend
Who else has watched this? Between this and his Big East documentary, Ezra Edelman is the Lebron James of film-making. I was curious how they could take this event and stretch it out over five 90 min episodes, but it was just flawlessly done. Exploring all the racial strife and mistrust of the LAPD in the years prior was very fascinating.

Spoiler alert: OJ is a murderer. Sorry for giving that away.

Who else has watched this? Between this and his Big East documentary, Ezra Edelman is the Lebron James of film-making. I was curious how they could take this event and stretch it out over five 90 min episodes, but it was just flawlessly done. Exploring all the racial strife and mistrust of the LAPD in the years prior was very fascinating.

Spoiler alert: OJ is a murderer. Sorry for giving that away.
Thanks, you just ruined it for me!

Have to agree. This was extremely well done. Not to be melodramatic but the story as it unfolded in this documentary had all the makings of a Shakespearean tragedy.

Side note: Jim Brown showed up a couple of times and this photo was in it as well:

OJ-Hoover.jpg

Side note: Jim Brown showed up a couple of times and this photo was in it as well:

OJ-Hoover.jpg
I wish OJ and Brown had less in common; not saying Brown is a murderer obviously.

Very well done, was wondering if anyone would post about this. A couple thoughts (out of hundreds): was the fifth installment a lot shorter than the others, or was that my imagination? Seemed that there were a lot of commercial breaks and not too much substance to that last portion.

That juror...What? I know the prosecution shares some blame for the murderer getting acquitted, but holy crap. What happened in voir dire? No one thought to ask the prospective jurors 'Do you blame domestic violence victims for the crimes committed against them?'? I'm not a litigator, but I've got a little experience in the field, and I can't believe that cretin got anywhere near a jury panel. I remember stories about jurors' ignorance about DNA, poor choices by the prosecutors, and the general weakness of Ito, but that juror on the show was a real revelation.

Really well-done film, sad, adequately sympathetic to the murderer while not pulling any punches. Might be the best thing 30 for 30 has ever produced.

Really well-done film, sad, adequately sympathetic to the murderer while not pulling any punches. Might be the best thing 30 for 30 has ever produced.

You know who I really liked in that show... Marcia Clark. As a middle schooler, I didn't remember her being particularly likable during the trial. But I really enjoyed her perspective on basically everything during the documentary.

You know who I really liked in that show... Marcia Clark. As a middle schooler, I didn't remember her being particularly likable during the trial. But I really enjoyed her perspective on basically everything during the documentary.
She is one of the rare cases where plastic surgery worked out well.

Take someone out of the adversarial situation and she gets more likable...sounds about right.

Though I was surprised and disappointed to learn that she became some kind of celebrity tabloid reporter. Odd move.

She probably made a lot of money

I wonder. Is there more money in that field than as an ADA in a big city? Maybe, I don't know, but she probably had the option to make a lot more going over to the private side. That celebrity gossip always seems so sleazy to me, in a way worse than what the Baileys and Cochrans do.

The jury from that trial disgust me, they are everything wrong with this justice system.

Another person I liked was that grumpy LAPD detective they interviewed who said something along the lines of: "yeah there were hundreds of people in the streets chanting Free OJ... what losers."

Also, every time I see Ron Goldman's Dad I just want to hug the guy. He always looks emotionally destroyed.

Another person I liked was that grumpy LAPD detective they interviewed who said something along the lines of: "yeah there were hundreds of people in the streets chanting Free OJ... what losers."

Also, every time I see Ron Goldman's Dad I just want to hug the guy. He always looks emotionally destroyed.

You could really tell how close Ron and his dad were and how much love he had for his son. With the way father son relationships have taken a turn for the worst the past couple of decades its a shame to see that.

Every one of those jurors should be in jail, especially the older woman.

You could really tell how close Ron and his dad were and how much love he had for his son. With the way father son relationships have taken a turn for the worst the past couple of decades its a shame to see that.

Every one of those jurors should be in jail, especially the older woman.

The jury did a horrible job, they ignored the evidence and gave Oj a pass because of Rodney King.

The jury did a horrible job, they ignored the evidence and gave Oj a pass because of Rodney King.

I know the defense and especially Darden gets poked at a lot, but come on, anybody with a 1/4 of a brain knew that those gloves weren't going on.

OJ was a good sized guy, but the gloves were extra large, no reason they wouldn't have not fit if they were put through normal conditions and he wasn't wearing latex gloves.

OJ didn't like black people, that's a fact, they problem is, they didn't care and they let him skate for butchering the mother of his 2 youngest and a guy who had his entire life ahead of him who seemed like he was an amazing young man. OJ doesn't deserve to take a breath of air as a free man.

I was in my mid teens during all of this, I never knew he was living the way he was after the trial, that really made me lose any and all sympathy I had for the guy which was little to begin with.

I know the defense and especially Darden gets poked at a lot, but come on, anybody with a 1/4 of a brain knew that those gloves weren't going on.

OJ was a good sized guy, but the gloves were extra large, no reason they wouldn't have not fit if they were put through normal conditions and he wasn't wearing latex gloves.

OJ didn't like black people, that's a fact, they problem is, they didn't care and they let him skate for butchering the mother of his 2 youngest and a guy who had his entire life ahead of him who seemed like he was an amazing young man. OJ doesn't deserve to take a breath of air as a free man.

I was in my mid teens during all of this, I never knew he was living the way he was after the trial, that really made me lose any and all sympathy I had for the guy which was little to begin with.

It was a monumental mistake to try on the glove, but it seems like the jury had aquittal in their minds from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom