OT: okc and durant | Syracusefan.com

OT: okc and durant

orangehomer

All American
yeah so they just lost a home playoff game to a team that Raymond felton starts on. yeah that Raymond felton. westbrook is a maniac and Durant has turned into some kind of weird chucker. every year everyone is like "oh they have so much talent" but it is weird to watch them isn't it?

(now watch them win the west)

Durant and Westbrook killed them down the stretch. Although, Durant did hit that huge three late.

Give credit to dallas. Carlisle coached a great game and guys stepped up.

Durant and Westbrook killed them down the stretch. Although, Durant did hit that huge three late.

Give credit to dallas. Carlisle coached a great game and guys stepped up.
I don't want to be a jerk, but how is that a huge three after he missed two threes in a row when they were down two, then he makes the one down 4. the game was essentially over at that point except that ray felton is bad and missed two ft's.

I don't want to be a jerk, but how is that a huge three after he missed two threes in a row when they were down two, then he makes the one down 4. the game was essentially over at that point except that ray felton is bad and missed two ft's.

Is this real life?

yeah so they just lost a home playoff game to a team that Raymond felton starts on. yeah that Raymond felton. westbrook is a maniac and Durant has turned into some kind of weird chucker. every year everyone is like "oh they have so much talent" but it is weird to watch them isn't it?

(now watch them win the west)
I'm not to worried about OKC. Durant went 7-33 last night and They still almost won.

It's amazing that a team with those two guys have had such little success as a team. One finals appearance when Harden was around. Shows how tough the Western Conference is I guess.

OKC will win this series, but any extra game is advantage San Antonio...

Durant is the most overrated player in the NBA. He should get the scorn that Melo gets. He's a chucker that is constantly whining and begging for fouls.

It's amazing that a team with those two guys have had such little success as a team. One finals appearance when Harden was around. Shows how tough the Western Conference is I guess.

Also they've been hurt by injuries. Made the finals in 2012, in 2013 Westbrook hurts his knee in the first round (they were the 1 seed) and misses the playoffs. In 2014, Ibaka gets hurt in round 2, he misses the first 2 games of the west finals, they lose both games, he comes back for the next 2 which they win, but they go down to the spurs. Then last year they miss the playoffs entirely because of all the time Durant missed.

Durant had a bad game. I don't really think you can attribute it to anything else but that. And they still came within what, a tenth of a second of winning?

The dumbest thing they ever did was let Harden go. They would have 3 Top Ten players in the league.

Durant had a bad game. I don't really think you can attribute it to anything else but that. And they still came within what, a tenth of a second of winning?
This is true but when SAS is playing exhibition games against Memphis, they need to get out of this series asap. Can't be losing a game to a team led by Felton and somebody named Mejri.

Carlisle is good. Big test for Donovan to earn some street cred. My humble opinion is Westbrook and Durant don't work. You need one alpha dog (though last night neither was really filling that role). I'd take Westbrook.

The dumbest thing they ever did was let Harden go. They would have 3 Top Ten players in the league.

Once Harden showed his ability to score, there was no way he was playing third fiddle to Westbrook and Durant. Not only did he know he would make more money elsewhere but he was going to be the star.

With the game on the line Westbrook and Durant play 2 man basketball and every one knows it! All you have to do is load up against those 2 because they will take a bad shot before they pass the ball to anyone else. This is why they lose so many 4th quarter leads and why they wont get out of the second round.

Durant is the most overrated player in the NBA. He should get the scorn that Melo gets. He's a chucker that is constantly whining and begging for fouls.

Love Melo, obviously. But the next time he even dreams about being a nearly 50/40/90 player will be the first.

Once Harden showed his ability to score, there was no way he was playing third fiddle to Westbrook and Durant. Not only did he know he would make more money elsewhere but he was going to be the star.

Actually, I believe he was okay with that. Those 3 guys were very close and I think they wanted to stay together. From what I read, he was ready to ink the extension if OKC gave him the max extension that he wanted, and they could have. They were too cheap to pay the luxury tax.

But, alas, only one ball.

They had no issues sharing the ball.

Actually, I believe he was okay with that. Those 3 guys were very close and I think they wanted to stay together. From what I read, he was ready to ink the extension if OKC gave him the max extension that he wanted, and they could have. They were too cheap to pay the luxury tax.

I think OKC really underprojected how much the cap was going to go up. I think they would have paid the tax only one year

Precisely. They messed up bad.

It's probably easy to say this, but the Thunder are paying Enes Kanter a little more this year than the Rockets are paying James Harden

They take bad shots, and Waiters (sorry) just isn't giving value as a starter. Not even sure why he was in the game at crunch time — he mostly stands around, watching. OKC survives on the force of will that is Russel 'The Undisciplined' Westbrook. He's amazing, but doesn't seem much like a Point Guard. And, so, the team doesn't seem like it has much of a scheme. I haven't seen a lot of them this year, but is this maybe coaching-related? Weren't they better under Brooks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom