OT - Okla St "Dirty Game" SI accusations... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Okla St "Dirty Game" SI accusations...

"were fundamentally unfounded"

can SI sue for slander (libel) now?

Actually...notice that these guys and the article about the lawsuit talk about a "false light" claim.
False light invasion of privacy is recognized in a number of states including Oklahoma.

http://www.aaronkellylaw.com/internet-defamation-laws/false-light-explained/

It deals with a person's image in the public eye...not really the truth or falsity of any particular statement.

My view is it's a back door attempt to get around the First Amendment and should be eliminated.
It's used as a way to try to "get even" by people who are not really defamed.
I was involved in litigation that dragged on for years...even though every fact, word and punctuation mark in my story was accurate.
Fortunately, the Florida Supreme Court put an end to it by outlawing "false light" as a cause of action in the state.

I would think that the "penalties" being described on ESPN for multiple type II violations--1 or 2 scholarship reduction, for two years--bodes really well for SU in our current situation.

Wasn't there a thread here when it came out where most us laughed at SI? I remember it being an embarrassing thing for SI

Millhouse said:
Wasn't there a thread here when it came out where most us laughed at SI? I remember it being an embarrassing thing for SI

I'm pretty sure the general consensus here was that SI was b*******.

Also have to laugh because I believe that Pat Force congratulated SI for its massive pile of b*******.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom