OT Ole Miss in Trouble? | Syracusefan.com

OT Ole Miss in Trouble?

brandokc

All Conference
Sounds like the kids former step dad hacked his Twitter and Instagram accounts after suing him the day before. Not looking good for Ole Miss.
901C3BE8-04D5-4E7A-8C6A-317E60064185_zpsxiv3orso.png
620DB015-4351-413B-820A-F2DF11688597_zpsnosf43c5.jpg

<....crickets....chirping.... a neighbor's dog barks.....nothing to see here....>

"The NCAA determined that Tunsil improperly used three loaner cars without paying during a six-month period, received two nights of lodging at a local home, accepted an airline ticket purchased by a friend of a teammate and used a rental car for one day without paying. The NCAA also alleged that Tunsil received an interest-free, four-month loan to make a $3,000 down payment for a used car."

If he were at Syracuse, that's at least 20 scholarships, 400 W's, and a 2 year post season ban. Good thing they didn't self-report or they'd be in big trouble.

"The NCAA determined that Tunsil improperly used three loaner cars without paying during a six-month period, received two nights of lodging at a local home, accepted an airline ticket purchased by a friend of a teammate and used a rental car for one day without paying. The NCAA also alleged that Tunsil received an interest-free, four-month loan to make a $3,000 down payment for a used car."

If he were at Syracuse, that's at least 20 scholarships, 400 W's, and a 2 year post season ban. Good thing they didn't self-report or they'd be in big trouble.
Wow, I think this case hinges on one thing. Did he say he was sorry?

From John Miller's bio (the guy texting back and forth w/ Tunsil regarding paying the heat/water bill) on Ole Miss Athletics website:

"His behind-the-scenes work has supported the team’s improvement on the field, which has resulted in four straight bowl appearances, including back-to-back New Year’s Six bowls."
-----

Yeah, no kidding. I'd love to see some of his other "work".

So long as Ole Miss doesn't have a drug policy, is there really anything to investigate?

No kidding.

Freese is a dink. Was all for the original NCAA satellite camp ruling a few weeks ago. Stated something like ...yea,i like sleeping in my own bed to recruit. Guy is a tool and obviously running a program not premised on integrity.

Freese is a dink. Was all for the original NCAA satellite camp ruling a few weeks ago. Stated something like ...yea,i like sleeping in my own bed to recruit. Guy is a tool and obviously running a program not premised on integrity.

He is a tool running a shady program that got 5 mil a year for being a shady tool.

Sounds like the kids former step dad hacked his Twitter and Instagram accounts after suing him the day before. Not looking good for Ole Miss.
901C3BE8-04D5-4E7A-8C6A-317E60064185_zpsxiv3orso.png
620DB015-4351-413B-820A-F2DF11688597_zpsnosf43c5.jpg
Hacked Twitter accounts are not wheelhouse

Last edited:
The athletic department authorizing payments to a player's mom might be worth investigating.

Though I agree with you, as do most sane sports fans who believe cheating should be punished, Ole Miss is an SEC school and the NCAA has failed the last several times to acknowledge an SEC school has violated rules or proportionately punished an SEC school for violations. Generally, there is no real investigation.

Additionally, they went so far as to neglect the TattooU incident at tOSU, too. When one considers the harsh penalties levied on USC (the real one, not the pseudo P5 member in NJ) in the Reggie Bush' father and then the nonsense surrounding the Syracuse investigation (8 years to prove Syracuse told the truth because some moron just "knew" Syracuse was dirty) then the overly harsh penalties, one has to conclude that the NCAA is incompetent, biased and simply put, unfair. Essentially, the NCAA investigations are fraudulent.

With all the money the NCAA brings in, you'd think they could afford to hire a committee of paid, full/time members.

It's like having a volunteer fire department in NYC.

I just want to say I was really close to the Y situation. The worst part is, those kids worked at the very least the majority of their hours. One very good man's name was sullied that shouldn't have been.

I just want to say I was really close to the Y situation. The worst part is, those kids worked at the very least the majority of their hours. One very good man's name was sullied that shouldn't have been.
Fwiw, this echoes what I've heard 3rd hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom