OT: On the Arizona/Xavier game. . . | Syracusefan.com

OT: On the Arizona/Xavier game. . .

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
they mentioned that Chris Mack is the only head coach in the tourney who had won NCAA games as player, asst. coach and head coach.

JB falls into that category also, but I don't remember that coming up in previous years.

(Should be on the regular basketball board.)

they mentioned that Chris Mack is the only head coach in the tourney who had won NCAA games as player, asst. coach and head coach.

JB falls into that category also, but I don't remember that coming up in previous years.

(Should be on the regular basketball board.)
Read over the underlined section of the statement and that should clarify it.

Read over the underlined section of the statement and that should clarify it.
I meant, in previous years, when we were in the tournament, no one mentioned that specific trifecta. It can't be a common thing.

I meant, in previous years, when we were in the tournament, no one mentioned that specific trifecta. It can't be a common thing.
I think it's fairly common over the years. Kevin Ollie from UConn would have meet that criteria last year.

I think it's fairly common over the years. Kevin Ollie from UConn would have meet that criteria last year.

He is saying that he hasn't heard it in previous years even though it should be pretty common.

He is saying that he hasn't heard it in previous years even though it should be pretty common.
But who keeps track of assistant coaches winning tournament games...besides maybe the assistant coaches?

It can't be terribly common, if only one of 68 in this year's tournament has done it.

For example, Pitino must not have made it as a player, and Alford as an assistant. I would guess that, from year to year, it's not terribly common. I'm surprised that the feat has not been mentioned before. At least, I hadn't heard it, and I watch way too much basketball.

It can't be terribly common, if only one of 68 in this year's tournament has done it.

For example, Pitino must not have made it as a player, and Alford as an assistant. I would guess that, from year to year, it's not terribly common. I'm surprised that the feat has not been mentioned before. At least, I hadn't heard it, and I watch way too much basketball.
I didn't hear the statement but it was said during a Sweet 16 game so maybe they were referencing the remaining 16 coaches.

Regardless, it's a fairly meaningless stat. But good for Mack, I guess.

I didn't hear the statement but it was said during a Sweet 16 game so maybe they were referencing the remaining 16 coaches.

Regardless, it's a fairly meaningless stat. But good for Mack, I guess.
Pretty sure they said the whole tournament, which includes 68 teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom