OT: Oswego Sub Shop opening up in Liverpool | Syracusefan.com

OT: Oswego Sub Shop opening up in Liverpool

How's the bread? Without crusty bread, a sub is nowhere as good. Most sub shops have glorified hot dog rolls, including most of the chains. Panera has great bread.

I almost lived above the Oswego sub shop my last summer up there. I've been there many many times and I still think it tastes better at 2 a.m. vs 2 p.m. It's definitely an oswego institution.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

As someone who lives in Oswego I hope they do well but I'm not sure it's going to be that successful.

Where are they going to get a bunch of college kids to come in between 2am and 3am in Liverpool?

That's about 75% of the Sub Shop's business.

As someone who lives in Oswego I hope they do well but I'm not sure it's going to be that successful.

Where are they going to get a bunch of college kids to come in between 2am and 3am in Liverpool?

That's about 75% of the Sub Shop's business.

If you build it, they will come...

That was the name of my Pee-Wee hockey team back when I was kid!!

Also...they tried this before unsuccessfully. They opened 2 I think up in the north country, somewhere. Obvious why he's not saying that, but still a little shifty.

I lived in Oswego county until I was 31 and attended SUNY Oswego for a while. How have I never heard of this place before?

I lived in Oswego county until I was 31 and attended SUNY Oswego for a while. How have I never heard of this place before?
Cause you're either 100 years old or legally blind or blond whichever is more PC. Its right on W Bridge st.

Right on Bridge St, Greens Ale House is across the road, I thinks it's W8th St.

Cause you're either 100 years old or legally blind or blond whichever is more PC. Its right on W Bridge st.

I'm 36, I see fine with corrective lenses, and I'm bald, but having not grown up in the city of Oswego I'm sure there are a lot of things I don't know about on W Bridge St. I'm surprised I never heard of it because I have family that has lived in the city of Oswego a long time and they've never mentioned it.

I'm 36, I see fine with corrective lenses, and I'm bald, but having not grown up in the city of Oswego I'm sure there are a lot of things I don't know about on W Bridge St. I'm surprised I never heard of it because I have family that has lived in the city of Oswego a long time and they've never mentioned it.

It is a shock you've never heard of it. I went to college up there years ago, work up there now but live in Liverpool. With you having family up there it's strange you never heard of them since they sponsor all sorts of sports teams up there too. I know Syracusans who frequent Harborfest have found the Sub shop too.

I only knew of one other location that they opened. It was a temporary location in a trailer, east of the city along the lake near the power plant. I don't know why it closed but most of the out of area construction workers working at the nuclear plant seemed to go there back then. Maybe the construction workers left the area or the plant became less tolerant of workers leaving the plant to eat offsite? I even wondered if it was seasonal even when it was open. The location was on a pretty isolated country road when the weather is poor.

Surprised they put it in the village on the main road. Lots of traffic and difficult to get in and out of there.

How's the bread? Without crusty bread, a sub is nowhere as good. Most sub shops have glorified hot dog rolls, including most of the chains. Panera has great bread.

If you get a Cheeseburger Sub and don't lose your mind over it, I will reimburse you the $7.75.

It's right on Bridge St. a couple blocks down the street from the Elks lodge (BPOE). How can you miss it?

They made great subs, and I had my first calzone there - pepperoni, and with sauce inside, not for dipping.

It is a shock you've never heard of it. I went to college up there years ago, work up there now but live in Liverpool. With you having family up there it's strange you never heard of them since they sponsor all sorts of sports teams up there too. I know Syracusans who frequent Harborfest have found the Sub shop too.

I only knew of one other location that they opened. It was a temporary location in a trailer, east of the city along the lake near the power plant. I don't know why it closed but most of the out of area construction workers working at the nuclear plant seemed to go there back then. Maybe the construction workers left the area or the plant became less tolerant of workers leaving the plant to eat offsite? I even wondered if it was seasonal even when it was open. The location was on a pretty isolated country road when the weather is poor.

Surprised they put it in the village on the main road. Lots of traffic and difficult to get in and out of there.
I just had a text conversation with my best friend who lives and works there (I'm no longer in the area). He's very familiar with it. I blamed him for my ignorance.

Maybe I'm the minority, but I've never liked crusty bread, and I'm not a huge fan of Panera. To each his own, I guess.

I think it is a mistake to name the Liverpool location "Empire Subs". I loved the Calzones there and at nearby Pizza Villa at 2 am...heaven sent. Summers in Oswego couldn't be beat.

One of my other favorites was pizza pub at like 2. And having the the largest calzone ever, with pepp, mushrooms, and sausage. Cost...Like 8 dollars, Id split it with my buddy.

Zonies? You ever do zonies?

One of my other favorites was pizza pub at like 2. And having the the largest calzone ever, with pepp, mushrooms, and sausage. Cost...Like 8 dollars, Id split it with my buddy.

I've been known to up a buffalo chicken at zonies a time or dozen. Im from oswego and even though I was gone for some yrs ( air force) , I still love bar hoping in town and devouring some zonies or sub shop! along with Rudys ( the loop), best places to eat.

I've been known to up a buffalo chicken at zonies a time or dozen. Im from oswego and even though I was gone for some yrs ( air force) , I still love bar hoping in town and devouring some zonies or sub shop! along with Rudys ( the loop), best places to eat.

Hell yeah!!!

A short funny sub shop story...well two short ones

Once I was leaving Sub Shop with some friends and there was a group of girls all dolled up standing on the corner, and mind you we're all smashed, one guy said to the girls, "what are you? Prostitutes?" And everyone out there who saw that just starting dying, including me, I fell to my knees.

And then during BSR, again I was smashed, and it was pouring out and we were running to the apartment. And apparently, I don't remember, I fell in someones driveway, got up and starting yelling at everyone for not helping and then I started yelling at the tree in front of me for being in my way. When I finally got to the apartment I was soaked and my leftover sub was lost along the way...

I got more but I am going to limit them to these two, other ones might not be so appropriate...

No zonies when I went through...but agreed Pizza Pub also was awesome.

What is a zonie?

I loathe Panera with the heat of a thousand suns.