OT - Pats & Brady Slammed !!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Pats & Brady Slammed !!!

There is no explicit NFL rule about beating a woman. I get it, stupid, right? Common sense, right? And yet, there isn't. There IS a rule about the proper inflation of a football. And he broke an official NFL rule. And this isn't the first time the Patriots got caught. That is why I said you will hear "integrity of the game" a lot. And you will. And I'm not against the ref being penalized also.

Not sure why this is a surprise to you. It's also why Pete Rose is no in the HOF. Don't F with the rules. Apparently though, you can do a lot of other things and it becomes a gray area (see Peterson, A. and Rice, R.).
Kind of like how UNC won't get punished when what they did is 10x worse than what we did...

image.jpg

So basically the new standard is your guilty unless you can prove your innocence. Not its our responsibility to prove your guilty.

Brett Favre didn't hand over his phone during the Jen Sterger text messages. The Patriots have no way to do anything on the road, but Brady cheats at home? How about we prove Brady ordered the code red.

The first round pick sucks, but honestly I don't care about that. Goodell has tarnished a player without freaking have the evidence to prove anything, and because the guy who is married to a Supermodel has to hand over his phone. . I always tell my friends if the police ever pull you over NEVER consent to them searching your car. Even if you have nothing to hide NEVER give permission if they have reasonable suspicion they will get a warrant. Basically Goodell wants Brady to prove his innocence and give them everything when its their job to prove guilt.

Goodell gave into the NFL hatred to win points. ahole.

There is no explicit NFL rule about beating a woman. I get it, stupid, right? Common sense, right? And yet, there isn't. There IS a rule about the proper inflation of a football. And he broke an official NFL rule. And this isn't the first time the Patriots got caught. That is why I said you will hear "integrity of the game" a lot. And you will. And I'm not against the ref being penalized also.

Not sure why this is a surprise to you. It's also why Pete Rose is not in the HOF. Don't F with the rules. Apparently though, you can do a lot of other things and it becomes a gray area (see Peterson, A. and Rice, R.).
What is the difference between piping in noise like Atlanta did? That is a violation of the rules by having artificial noise.

It was their first violation. They didn't lose a first round pick like NE did in 2007. If they do something in the next decade I doubt they will get hit like NE just did. Goodell feed the masses of NE hatred for PR points.

So basically the new standard is your guilty unless you can prove your innocence. Not its our responsibility to prove your guilty.

Brett Favre didn't hand over his phone during the Jen Sterger text messages. The Patriots have no way to do anything on the road, but Brady cheats at home? How about we prove Brady ordered the code red.

The first round pick sucks, but honestly I don't care about that. Goodell has tarnished a player without freaking have the evidence to prove anything, and because the guy who is married to a Supermodel has to hand over his phone. . I always tell my friends if the police ever pull you over NEVER consent to them searching your car. Even if you have nothing to hide NEVER give permission if they have reasonable suspicion they will get a warrant. Basically Goodell wants Brady to prove his innocence and give them everything when its their job to prove guilt.

Goodell gave into the NFL hatred to win points. ahole.

Innocent till proven guilty may be the defacto way we think of how all questions like these are handled - but in truth there are a lot of scenarios (esp in the business world) where that's kind of a quaint idea. I'm not endorsing the crazy punishment - but I am saying Goodell has to answer to the owners and that's really it.

a super bowl game for a few draft picks and some money(1 million fine espn says)

a pittance to get into the super bowl - its a deal EVERY nfl team would do in a instant

even if tommy is out 4 games they still play in a weak division and will have every chance to get back in the playoffs

this deal with the devil was a no brainer for a organization like the pats

Not sure why this is a surprise to you. It's also why Pete Rose is not in the HOF. Don't F with the rules. Apparently though, you can do a lot of other things and it becomes a gray area (see Peterson, A. and Rice, R.).
You can't compare what Pete Rose did and what the Pats did. Pete Rose broke the mortal sin of baseball. Gambling nearly destroyed the game. A minor difference in the psi didn't change a thing. In fact, there was a game earlier this year involving Minn where they were warned about deflating the footballs. Imagine that. A warning instead of a sting. And there are moral clauses in every NFL contract.

If anybody wants to even compare this to Pete Rose they aren't realistic. Freaking Gaylord Perry, Phil Nierko, Tom Seaver, Jim Palmer all loaded the baseball while they played and Perry and Nierko were even caught doctoring the baseball ans both got into the HOF.

No way this is Pete Rose.

will certainly be reduced on appeal for Brady. The Pats can't appeal.
I don't think so.

Pats got a fair punishment and deserve every bit of it

I think the other owners wanted this. Sentiment has been for a while that the Pats push the boundaries of the rules, and aren't apologetic about it.

The first round pick sucks, but honestly all I care is Brady. The Wells Report cleared Belichick and the Pats organization of any wrong doing. This was a flat out overpunishment for the team, but a redo for the Spygate affair. The team can afford to lose the first round pick, but that report showed nothing to stay the Patriots were guilty of deflating footballs. Even the texts were talking about football that were overinflated. Walt Anderson completely bubbled the stuff pregame and at halftime. Mike Florio who is no Pats support even had a story about how the Wells Report said Anderson was wrong in what he said, but that was ignored.

The first round pick sucks, but honestly all I care is Brady. The Wells Report cleared Belichick and the Pats organization of any wrong doing. This was a flat out overpunishment for the team, but a redo for the Spygate affair.
Sean Peyton got a 1 year suspension for stuff Gregg Williams was doing. The Pats got off pretty easy with losing 2 draft picks and Brady for 4 games. It's a fair punishment in my opinion

The not cooperating is a joke as well. Brady is a member of the union. No way should he turn his phone over to these guys. Would you trust them with your phone. I wouldn't tun my phone over to them.

The one lever the league has to get players to cooperate with investigations is to hammer them when they don't. It's not a joke, you're just a crybaby defender of the cheating cheaters.

Honestly if Brady came out and said he likes balls at the low end of the pressure range and they went a little to far inadvertently when the story broke, the Pats would have gotten a $50K fine (and that would be the total penalty) - and the story would have been over before the Super Bowl kicked off. This is a clear case of the cover-up being far worse than the actual crime.

Sean Peyton got a 1 year suspension for stuff Gregg Williams was doing. The Pats got off pretty easy with losing 2 draft picks and Brady for 4 games. It's a fair punishment in my opinion
Goodell used the fact he was NOT shown the Rice video as a defense. He can't use the ignorance is not a defense anymore. Also the Saints only lost a 2nd round pick. The Pats in 2007 lost a first round pick.

Peyton's suspension was crazy.

"the Patriots provided substantial cooperation throughout the investigation" - Wells Report, page 23

However, now we are going to punish the franchise and take a first and fourth round pick. This think was a total PR punishment to win support for the NFL's screwups.

That's why I said he gets 2 games. "Integrity of the game" is a phrase we will hear a lot of in the next few weeks. Brady won't skate on this.

Oh, please God no! I can't handle 'integrity of the game' stuff. It kills me. The game has no integrity literally (it can't, it's not a person) and figurtively (half the league is on PEDs, you've got every crime under the sun, whatever ...) Point is, I hate that stupid crap. Can't we just assume most of these dudes are at best pretty normal flawed people and at worst total and be done with it?

He should have gotten a 8 game suspension just for that lime green outfit Giselle dressed him up for the interview at the college last week.

What a fem...lime green pants and a shirt with pointed shoes. If only Lyle Alzado was still alive.
th

Oh, please God no! I can't handle 'integrity of the game' stuff. It kills me. The game has no integrity literally (it can't, it's not a person) and figurtively (half the league is on PEDs, you've got every crime under the sun, whatever ...) Point is, I hate that stupid crap. Can't we just assume most of these dudes are at best pretty normal flawed people and at worst total and be done with it?
You mean if you pay large, strong men lots of money to committee acts of violence against each other for entertainment, they might not always be the best people?!?!?!?!?!?

No he didn't. Payton was a lot more involved than that. Google sean Payton and the penalty. He was warned to knock that crap off and he didn't pay any attention to it.

Honestly if Brady came out and said he likes balls at the low end of the pressure range and they went a little to far inadvertently when the story broke, the Pats would have gotten a $50K fine (and that would be the total penalty) - and the story would have been over before the Super Bowl kicked off. This is a clear case of the cover-up being far worse than the actual crime.

I tend to agree with this. That press conference was brutal because there is no way that I believe a NFL Qb known for his preparation couldn't tell the difference between footballs. I'd be willing to bet that someone in Brady's position could probably tell you with incredibly accuracy if a ball was within a certain psi.

If he had said what you suggest and then the report showed that the balls were a little low at the half, the issue isn't that big, but when Brady didn't take any ownership, they went after him. I think the punishment is way too harsh, and it will be interesting to see what happens on appeal.

In the beginning Kraft should have kept his mouth shut, until the investigation and everything was completed...it probably didn't help when he initially said that when the investigation finds Brady and the Patriots innocent, he expected a public apology from the league...basically throwing down the gauntlet...so the league accepted and now you see the consequences...Arrogance/ego from both sides (NFL and Kraft/Patriots) is definitely playing a role in this soap opera...Basically you have the two biggest egos, Patriots and NFL going at it...like an ego heavyweight fight!

I believe this. One of the things becoming part of the narrative now is that 'Brady was not cooperative'. Nor were the Patriots, in providing access to the deflators. Some people never learn. Oh Lord

the 4 games is not because of the colts game, or the ravens game...or brady in an interview telling john harbaugh to go read the rule book (sic)...its because the patsys have likely cheated this way for close to 100 games. its an unfair advantage.

and stop with the gaylord perry comparisons, or steroid users.

its more like if Arod snuck and used an aluminum bat...AFTER the umpires inspected all his game bats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom