OT - Pats & Brady Slammed !!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Pats & Brady Slammed !!!

Don't worry the suspension will be reduced to 2 and Brady will face the Cowpokes. If the balls were overinflated to 16 PSI wouldn't you think it makes sense Brady would want them lowered. That is what is in the Wells report.

10 to 11. That's where he liked them. 12.5 is the minimum.

I agree with the 2 games though. That's what the NFL was suspending him for. They, like too many prosecutors these days, just figured they had to overcharge in order to get what they wanted.

Dumbest investigation ever. The NFL is stupid. What sport performs a sting operation on its best player? Had literally no affect on the game. All they did was ruin the reputation of it's best player. Maybe they should go back and kick Rice out of the HOF for using stickum or something.

You know who should be suspended the entire year? Walt Anderson. He was put in charge of this and still screwed it up.

I hope you all take the Patriots with the points in week 6. That game is going to be a beatdown.

See, I think this is wrong...the OTHER TEAMS in the league are the ones going after the league office to crack down the on the law-breakers.

You think Goodell is HAPPY about this? This is a mess...he goes on vacation with Kraft like every week.

This has all been orchestrated behind the scenes, make no mistake about that

a major marquis event for the NFL is the Opening Night Thursday game.

a game hosted by the SuperBowl Champion which always delivers MONSTER ratings.

a game that the MVP (which is bullsh1t, it shouldve been wilson aka mr craptastic overrated qb) of said SuperBowl wont be allowed in the building...

Brady = cheater, Belichick = cheater, Hernandez = murderer, Kraft = "Lack of institutional control" #ReapWhatYouSow

Brady = cheater, Belichick = cheater, Hernandez = murderer, Kraft = "Lack of institutional control" #ReapWhatYouSow
Lack of institutional control - lol

le1a7.jpg

Don't worry the suspension will be reduced to 2 and Brady will face the Cowpokes. If the balls were overinflated to 16 PSI wouldn't you think it makes sense Brady would want them lowered. That is what is in the Wells report.
Let me ask you this Alsacs, since you seem to be the most put off by this 'over-reaching" punishment. If you were Bob Kraft, and upon learning two "rogue" equipment handlers cause this sh#tstorm of bad press, the loss of your generationally great QB, $1M, and 2 draft picks... Wouldn't you make them public enemy number one? Would you not direct a ton of (or ANY of) your venom at these lackeys who cost your Billion dollar organization so greatly? If he did that, I for one would really believe that no one above them really knew.

The pats suspended them (they had to), but not a word has been uttered about those bozos. Why do you think they are pointing all of their attacks on Goodell, and Wells for "reading the news"? You know why. In your heart of hearts, you know why. Those equipment managers know the truth. They knew who ordered the system to get the balls to Brady's liking. If they become public enemy number one (which would be easy to happen in a sports town like Boston), they'd have nothing to lose for getting paid to tell their side and offer up names. All of this posturing, threatening, and demanding apologies is just a smokescreen to direct the attention on the big bad NFL. They are systematic cheaters, and they've been caught twice. They need to handle it like men.

Let me ask you this Alsacs, since you seem to be the most put off by this 'over-reaching" punishment. If you were Bob Kraft, and upon learning two "rogue" equipment handlers cause this sh#tstorm of bad press, the loss of your generationally great QB, $1M, and 2 draft picks... Wouldn't you make them public enemy number one? Would you not direct a ton of (or ANY of) your venom at these lackeys who cost your Billion dollar organization so greatly? If he did that, I for one would really believe that no one above them really knew.

The pats suspended them (they had to), but not a word has been uttered about those bozos. Why do you think they are pointing all of their attacks on Goodell, and Wells for "reading the news"? You know why. In your heart of hearts, you know why. Those equipment managers know the truth. They knew who ordered the system to get the balls to Brady's liking. If they become public enemy number one (which would be easy to happen in a sports town like Boston), they'd have nothing to lose for getting paid to tell their side and offer up names. All of this posturing, threatening, and demanding apologies is just a smokescreen to direct the attention on the big bad NFL. They are systematic cheaters, and they've been caught twice. They need to handle it like men.
So I guess Minnesota management and its ownership should direct its anger for cheating towards its ballboys.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-vikings-produced-a-far-different-reaction

What did the NFL do to the Vikings? They sent a letter telling everyone to stop. With Spygate the NFL sent a memo to the teams stop with the taping and Belichick didn't and got hammered. In this incident whether the NFL wants to admit it ran what amounts to a sting operation. I don't blame Goodell for the sting, but the NFL office says the received an email from the Colts they didn't send a memo like they did with Spygate. Mike Kessil has some shady things against NE and he was in charge at the AFCT.

If the Pats were warned and cheated they deserved the hammer but this sting crap is BS.

Quite the opposite is probably happening, perhaps this very minute -- those men are getting PAID

Paid to be quiet about the directness and duration of the scheme (perhaps this scheme and others)

I mean, this is the organization that rolled out a snowplow for a last-second field goal…they literally have no shame. Yes, that was before Kraft's time but it speaks to the lengths the organization will go to…

The equipment handlers will likely be released, but they will also probably have more money in their accounts than any other time in their lives.

I'm assuming this is not an issue, but is it known whether Brady has "small hands" relative to his peers? Those NFL balls are ginormous, just an angle but he's tall so probably not an issue.

What will be most interesting to watch: whether the Goodell/Kraft "friendship" has been destroyed, or strengthened.

My bet is it's been strengthened under the "yeah we got busted and went too far, but it's a small price to pay" for all THIS

(cue Austin Powers laugh-track)

Patriots fans are so delusional.

Read the comments in this one.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...RGO/story.html?p1=feature_stack_4_hp#comments

And just so we have some comparison I have provided the actual numbers from the report. As I stated above, the numbers for the Colts readings are probably well within range for normal pressure loss at the temperatures seen during the game. And they are all still very close to the actual lower limit required by the NFL - 12.5 psi. To try and make the claim that these numbers are akin to the deflation the Patriots clearly did is just silly to me. Only one Patriots ball was even measured above 12.0 psi.

Colts Ball Blakeman Prioleau

1 12.70 12.35

2 12.75 12.30

3 12.50 12.95

4 12.55 12.15

Patriots Ball Blakeman Prioleau

1 11.50 11.80

2 10.85 11.20

3 11.15 11.50

4 10.70 11.00

5 11.10 11.45

6 11.60 11.95

7 11.85 12.30

8 11.10 11.55

9 10.95 11.35

10 10.50 10.90

11 10.90 11.35

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...RGO/story.html?p1=feature_stack_4_hp#comments

And just so we have some comparison I have provided the actual numbers from the report. As I stated above, the numbers for the Colts readings are probably well within range for normal pressure loss at the temperatures seen during the game. And they are all still very close to the actual lower limit required by the NFL - 12.5 psi. To try and make the claim that these numbers are akin to the deflation the Patriots clearly did is just silly to me. Only one Patriots ball was even measured above 12.0 psi.

1 12.70 12.35

2 12.75 12.30

3 12.50 12.95

4 12.55 12.15

1 11.50 11.80

2 10.85 11.20

3 11.15 11.50

4 10.70 11.00

5 11.10 11.45

6 11.60 11.95

7 11.85 12.30

8 11.10 11.55

9 10.95 11.35

10 10.50 10.90

11 10.90 11.35
Or put another way - Brady doesn't deal well with a lot of pressure.

1 12.70 12.35

2 12.75 12.30

3 12.50 12.95

4 12.55 12.15

1 11.50 11.80

2 10.85 11.20

3 11.15 11.50

4 10.70 11.00

5 11.10 11.45

6 11.60 11.95

7 11.85 12.30

8 11.10 11.55

9 10.95 11.35

10 10.50 10.90

11 10.90 11.35
What were the reading pre-game? Why didn't the officials right them down.

Also, which NFL source did Chris Mortensen get this story from which was wrong and helped shape the narrative.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

That story was wrong and started the massive reaction. Only 1 ball was significantly deflated not what Mortensen leaked.
Somebody leaked bad info to get this rolling who?

Or put another way - Brady doesn't deal well with a lot of pressure.
Serious question if the team has no control of the footballs they bring on the road how has Brady had practically the same numbers on the road then at home? It is stone cold proven no team brings ballboys on the road and that when they bring their balls on the road the home team's attendant holds onto them until the refs get them during games. The Wells report documents how the Indy balls were dropped off and then left. Please honestly explain without joking unless this is entirely a ball busting post.

What were the reading pre-game? Why didn't the officials right them down.

Also, which NFL source did Chris Mortensen get this story from which was wrong and helped shape the narrative.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

That story was wrong and started the massive reaction. Only 1 ball was significantly deflated not what Mortensen leaked.
Somebody leaked bad info to get this rolling who?

Okay, one by one here.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Colts balls pre-game. Why does that matter? If they were within proper range, which is assumed since the Pats balls were also within proper range prior to being taken against the rules by the Pats ball deflator to the bathroom that doesn't have the camera, then this just would further prove how much the Pats cheated here. I'm really wondering what you think having the Colts pre-game pressure readings would do to help your case.

Where do you get that only one ball was significantly deflated? All balls were pretty close to the 11.0 range if you just go with the averages above. That's fairly significant decrease in pressure when you start at the low end of the range initially.

Serious question if the team has no control of the footballs they bring on the road how has Brady had practically the same numbers on the road then at home? It is stone cold proven no team brings ballboys on the road and that when they bring their balls on the road the home team's attendant holds onto them until the refs get them during games. The Wells report documents how the Indy balls were dropped off and then left. Please honestly explain without joking unless this is entirely a ball busting post.

Honestly, maybe the reason the Indy ballboys dropped and left them was because they had no intention of messing with them after the officials took the initial reading.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tballs-may-not-as-easy-as-it-sounds/22113343/

If I read this article correctly, ball boys do travel with the team.

The ball attendant delivers the balls to the ball boys – usually four provided by the home team and two traveling with the visiting team – who make sure their quarterback's preferred balls get into the game, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

Okay, one by one here.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Colts balls pre-game. Why does that matter? If they were within proper range, which is assumed since the Pats balls were also within proper range prior to being taken against the rules by the Pats ball deflator to the bathroom that doesn't have the camera, then this just would further prove how much the Pats cheated here. I'm really wondering what you think having the Colts pre-game pressure readings would do to help your case.

Where do you get that only one ball was significantly deflated? All balls were pretty close to the 11.0 range if you just go with the averages above. That's fairly significant decrease in pressure when you start at the low end of the range initially.
Read the Mortinsen story 11 of 12 WERE 2 LBs below 12.5. That would mean 10.5. Second, why weren't the Patriots balls written down pre-game. In the Wells report it says Walt Anderson checked them, but never wrote down the measures. Why? If the Pats balls were 12.5 and Colts balls were say 13.2 that would mean something. This whole thing was handled sloppy. Read the science used by Exponent it was laughable.

Have you actually read the Wells report?

Honestly, maybe the reason the Indy ballboys dropped and left them was because they had no intention of messing with them after the officials took the initial reading.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tballs-may-not-as-easy-as-it-sounds/22113343/

If I read this article correctly, ball boys do travel with the team.

The ball attendant delivers the balls to the ball boys – usually four provided by the home team and two traveling with the visiting team – who make sure their quarterback's preferred balls get into the game, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...game-balls/fCtQ38pBjBFXId0WJC2wpL/story.html#

Equipment managers bring the balls on the road. Only home teams have ballboys.

Read the Mortinsen story 11 of 12 WERE 2 LBs below 12.5. That would mean 10.5. Second, why weren't the Patriots balls written down pre-game. In the Wells report it says Walt Anderson checked them, but never wrote down the measures. Why? If the Pats balls were 12.5 and Colts balls were say 13.2 that would mean something. This whole thing was handled sloppy. Read the science used by Exponent it was laughable.

Why would I read the whole report? I've read enough of the important parts to know that the Pats cheated. Why wouldn't Brady share his text messages?

Maybe he didn't write down the numbers because he couldn't believe the Pats would actually relegate themselves to cheating, AGAIN, so he thought the whole issue before the game was just team gamesmanship.

If the Colts balls were 13.2 before, which is legitimately possible, and they went down to an average of 12.32 (that's using the 4 measured balls and the average of the lower measure numbers reported above), that would give just under 0.9 psi lost in the first half.

Using those same assumptions, the Pats average ball pressure at the half was 10.18. Assuming the Pats balls were at 12.5, that's a pressure loss of 2.32 pounds per ball. I'm not great with the science here, but that immediately looks fishy to me. Maybe the weather was different when the Pats balls were in use...

a. It was a ball busting post
b. Tough to explain without joking
c. See a & b

Seriously, Brady is a great QB who probably over inflates the importance of ball pressure in his own mind. But having done so, he feels it is OK to cheat and then lie about it in a press conference. While there are other athletes who are more horrible people than he - none are more smug - none. He also does not benefit from playing on a team with a history of prior antics.

a. It was a ball busting post
b. Tough to explain without joking
c. See a & b

Seriously, Brady is a great QB who probably over inflates the importance of ball pressure in his own mind. But having done so, he feels it is OK to cheat and then lie about it in a press conference. While there are other athletes who are more horrible people than he - none are more smug - none. He also does not benefit from playing on a team with a history of prior antics.
Fair post he deserves ball busting which is why I asked. If you serious I couldn't say anymore, but I didn't take it serious.

Why would I read the whole report? I've read enough of the important parts to know that the Pats cheated. Why wouldn't Brady share his text messages?

Maybe he didn't write down the numbers because he couldn't believe the Pats would actually relegate themselves to cheating, AGAIN, so he thought the whole issue before the game was just team gamesmanship.

If the Colts balls were 13.2 before, which is legitimately possible, and they went down to an average of 12.32 (that's using the 4 measured balls and the average of the lower measure numbers reported above), that would give just under 0.9 psi lost in the first half.

Using those same assumptions, the Pats average ball pressure at the half was 10.18. Assuming the Pats balls were at 12.5, that's a pressure loss of 2.32 pounds per ball. I'm not great with the science here, but that immediately looks fishy to me. Maybe the weather was different when the Pats balls were in use...
I am not a math major but your 10.18 number is wrong based on the numbers from your own post.

If you average the lower 11 numbers you posted

1 11.50 11.80

2 10.85 11.20

3 11.15 11.50

4 10.70 11.00

5 11.10 11.45

6 11.60 11.95

7 11.85 12.30

8 11.10 11.55

9 10.95 11.35

10 10.50 10.90

11 10.90 11.35

The left averages out to 122.2/11= 11.1
The right averages out 126.4/11= 11.5

Where are you getting this average of 10.18 from? If the Pats balls went from 12.5 down to 11.1 and Colts balls went from say 13.2 down to 12.3 what is your point?

why are we reading articles from january??

they dont mean shlit.

there is video of the guy deflating the balls.

basically on brady's order.

game. set. match.

suspend. take picks. fine.

simple stuff here fellas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online