OT - Pay Pal Cal wants NCAA to make changes... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Pay Pal Cal wants NCAA to make changes...

rrlbees said:
Yea, it's all over the Internet. Link? There's about 10 people in the world that don't think Cal has people doing his dirty work. And the Holtz reference very appropriate. If you don't know his history you should check it out. Cal is very Holtz like.

I'm aware of Cal's history and I know that the UMass situation was because of an agent with Camby, not Cal. I said what did he do now, as in at Kentucky because it was said rules are being broken there. I asked which ones and never got a response.

You said he was paying players now. I want a link to it.

two3zone said:
I'm aware of Cal's history and I know that the UMass situation was because of an agent with Camby, not Cal. I said what did he do now, as in at Kentucky because it was said rules are being broken there. I asked which ones and never got a response. You said he was paying players now. I want a link to it.

The answer to all your questions can be found with 2 words. Lou Holtz.

You guys are kind of arguing about 2 different things. Cal absolutely was (and almost certainly is) a scumbag for all his past shadiness at Umass and Memphis. But these comments about legitimately paying players are dead on balls accurate. They are amongst the least scummy things he has ever said.

You guys are kind of arguing about 2 different things. Cal absolutely was (and almost certainly is) a scumbag for all his past shadiness at Umass and Memphis. But these comments about legitimately paying players are dead on balls accurate. They are amongst the least scummy things he has ever said.
Just curious but why doesn't anyone ever refer to Marcus Camby or Derrick Rose as a scumbag? If Cal is a scumbag for Camby taking money from an agent or Rose allegedly cheating on his SAT wouldn't that make them scumbags too. Wouldn't it make Coach K a scumbag for all his past shadiness at Duke and Roy Williams at UNC?

Just curious but why doesn't anyone ever refer to Marcus Camby or Derrick Rose as a scumbag? If Cal is a scumbag for Camby taking money from an agent or Rose allegedly cheating on his SAT wouldn't that make them scumbags too. Wouldn't it make Coach K a scumbag for all his past shadiness at Duke and Roy Williams at UNC?

You're trying to provide sound logic and reason. Probably quit while you're ahead. Doesn't work well here often.

You're trying to provide sound logic and reason. Probably quit while you're ahead. Doesn't work well here often.

But Kentucky and Calipari are destroying college basketball by taking advantage of a rule they didn't make and we should hate them because of that. Don't think about how we played Kentucky 15 years ago and and Calipari a couple times almost ten years ago.

The Governor said:

K is also. We could talk about jobs, homes, navigatiors, etc. But I thought this was about cal.

Lance Thomas
Corey Magette
Chris Duhons mother
Brands and Boozers Lincoln navigators
And many more

Surprised people don't remember these things
Didn't know. If it's public knowledge, how come there isn't any ramifications?

OburgOrange said:
Didn't know. If it's public knowledge, how come there isn't any ramifications?

That was asked each time. Duke has never been punished once.

OburgOrange said:
So K is as dirty as Cal. Cheating pays. K making 9 mil a year. Ugh

It's all old news. Things must be kept on the down low better now.

Lance Thomas
Corey Magette
Chris Duhons mother
Brands and Boozers Lincoln navigators
And many more

Surprised people don't remember these things

LMAO, you must have never seen the slew of SU players in high end cars. Unreal......

I don't know specifics, but I think it would be extremely naive to think we haven't broken rules or don't continue to do so. And I'm not talking a couple bucks in a Christmas card.

I don't know specifics, but I think it would be extremely naive to think we haven't broken rules or don't continue to do so. And I'm not talking a couple bucks in a Christmas card.
So you claim SU players have had cars supplied to them and then you don't have any proof. You just discredited yourself. Fail

So you claim SU players have had cars supplied to them and then you don't have any proof. You just discredited yourself. Fail

1. I did not claim that

2. Nice double standard

Who did you see?

I don't really feel this is the proper venue to be writing who and what but I will say it was at least a few members of the 2000-2001 team. You'd see them a mile away pulling into the old Romans over in Hanover Square. I was also working at a restaurant in the mall were they would come in and eat at a severely discounted price at least once a week.

I personally don't give a crap, but people need to stop insisting that every program cheats EXCEPT Syracuse. I'm not saying we do, but we're not high and above every other school in the country like everybody portrays.

maybe the NCAA should allow players to take out the $50,000 loans, but under one condition. That would be to make sure the NBA guarantees the loans. Then have the NBA compensate the schools for the never ending recruiting cycles of replacing the "succeed and proceed " players. Then let the NBA chase around all those players who refuse to repay their debts. in the court system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom