OT: Pitt player DUI | Syracusefan.com

OT: Pitt player DUI

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Narduzzi doesn't seem so bad...has a little Jimbo in him it sounds like.

Police say Rori Blair, a Pitt sophomore defensive end who overcame the effects of a stroke in high school to earn a scholarship to Pitt, was driving 117 mph across the Fort Pitt Bridge at 3:30 a.m. on March 15.

According to charging documents, the arresting officer smelled “a strong odor of marijuana emitting” from Blair and took him to UPMC Mercy hospital for blood tests. Those tests indicated positive for cannabinoids, according to the criminal complaint.

Blair was charged during the weekend with DUI, speeding, careless and reckless driving, and failure to wear a seatbelt.

Blair, a 2014 graduate of Upper St. Clair, played in 12 of 13 games at Pitt last season with two starts. He led the team with 5 1⁄2 sacks.

Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi said, “It's a family issue and we will deal with it internally.”

That's the same terminology he used when discussing wide receiver Tyler Boyd , who returned to the team last week after having been suspended from all team activities for a month after a DUI arrest in June.

But Blair, Narduzzi said, won't be suspended.

“Rori came in and told me about it, a moment where someone lost his mind a little bit and made a bad decision,” Narduzzi said. “The good thing is I've known about it for a long time. Something where I've let the process go, really not going to speak any more about it.

“He's had some things he's had to do (punishment) in the meantime, and we will kind of leave it at that. There has been some punishment, and there will probably be more. It's a family issue and we will deal with it internally.”

Asked if he knew about the incident immediately after it occurred, Narduzzi said, “Right away. No doubt.”

Asked if he thought about suspending Blair from spring practice, Narduzzi said, “Not really. He had some other suspensions. I'm not going to get into it anymore.”

http://triblive.com/mobile/8780810-96/pitt-blair-driving

Whenever I (or perhaps someone like me) smoked pot and drove, I/he was always much more careful. Drove slower, not faster. Marijuana and 117 mph does not compute...even if he was just racing to a fast food place to cure the munchies.

And, believe me, I/he 'talked to Jack' on more than one occasion. Standard order: "Jumbo Jack w/cheese and onion rings".

Last edited:
Asked if he knew about the incident immediately after it occurred, Narduzzi said, “Right away. No doubt.”

http://triblive.com/mobile/8780810-96/pitt-blair-driving

Is this why he knew about the incident right away?
whats-in-your-trunk.jpg

Whenever I (or perhaps someone like me) smoked pot and drove, I/he was always much more careful. Drove slower, not faster. Marijuana and 117 mph does not compute...even if he was just racing to a fast food place to cure the munchies.

And, believe me, I/he 'talked to Jack' on more than one occasion. Standard order: "Jumbo Jack w/cheese and onion rings".

Driving while high is the same as driving drunk.

Or so my idiot "law studies" teacher tried to tell our class senior year of high school.

Yeah....no.

Pitts new coach said "he told me a while ago, so we won't punish him" ... Not exactly #hardnosed

WOW......Does this kid still have a license ? If he doesn't is he still driving around in front of coach.

Did he get suspended from buying E-Z Widers at the local stop and rob?

I live in Pitt - to go 117 on that bridge is insane. It's probably the equivalent of doing 117 on 690 through the city by 81.

I have gone 100 plus on 81 before.

You shouldn't have a license.

Dude I'm a young guy. 3 am there is nobody on the road.

U telling me u haven't tried seeing how fast your car could go. And if u say no u r lying.

CuseHulk said:
Dude I'm a young guy. 3 am there is nobody on the road. U telling me u haven't tried seeing how fast your car could go. And if u say no u r lying.

Young and immature which is why you shouldn't have a license. It's easy to say nobody else is in the road. But that's not true on any night. You just got lucky.

Young and immature which is why you shouldn't have a license. It's easy to say nobody else is in the road. But that's not true on any night. You just got lucky.

Thanks dad !!!!!

Ehhhh stones and glass houses and such. I'd venture to guess most everyone has sped at some point to varying degrees. I can tell you I know how fast all of my cars went into my early 20s. I can also tell you I never did it with anyone else in the car, never under the influence, never anytime but the wee hours of the morning, and never without casing the stretch of highway first for other cars and cops. Young and dumb? Absolutely. Willingly putting anyone hut myself in harms way? Never.

Side note, 117 on the fort pitt bridge is insanity. Was just out there last weekend and would have to be firing blindly out of the tunnel to acheive said speed. Not sure you could get that kind of run from the city going into the tunnel.

Anything over 85 is way too fast, no matter if anyone is on the road or not. I don't care if you're 20 or 70, you're putting your life in danger.

117 is ridiculous and should have strong punishment behind it. Driving while intoxicated and driving 117 is grounds for jail time in certain states.

The flippant attitude of Narduzzi is puzzling. And something a lot of parents should be looking at, IMO.

Anything over 85 is way too fast, no matter if anyone is on the road or not. I don't care if you're 20 or 70, you're putting your life in danger.

117 is ridiculous and should have strong punishment behind it. Driving while intoxicated and driving 117 is grounds for jail time in certain states.

The flippant attitude of Narduzzi is puzzling. And something a lot of parents should be looking at, IMO.
And Boeheim is having to vacate how many wins because he didn't call Mommy to tell her that Junior was smoking some weed?

85? Heck my Dad's old Crown Vic road so smooth I used to hit 100 all the time. Rarely on 690 but regularly on 481, there were never any cars on that road. Yes I was young and yes I was foolish and yes I was lucky. These days I rarely go much over 80.

CuseHulk said:
Thanks dad !!!!!

Yeah, he probably is a dad and that is why he doesn't want irresponsible shitheads like you on the road...ever. I am a dad too and agree wholeheartedly. Rationalizing doing something stupid by saying things like "nobody else was on the road" makes you sound stupid. The truth is, you have no idea who is out there.

Speeding is one thing; reckless driving is another. 85 or above in any situation is reckless in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom