OT:Pranking the Wife | Syracusefan.com

OT:Pranking the Wife

OrangeViking

2nd String
Have to share this. Ever had "the light" come on, and just couldn't help yourself? I did the other night. Woke up at 3 AM to use the bathroom , and found the wife up watching TV in the living room , as she couldn't sleep. After going back to bed, I had a thought, so I went back to the kitchen and picked up the house phone and subsequently dialed my cell phone which was in the livingroom near my wife. I picked up my cell, made a face like I didn't recognize the number and answered it.
" Hello"
pause
" Oh, Hi"
"Yes"
pause
" Uh Huh"
pause
" Wow, You would do that for me?"
" You know I'm married, Right?"
Wife finally says " Who is that?"
" It's Jake ... from State Farm"
Needless to say she wanted to kill me.:)

Last edited:
Have to share this. Ever had "the light" come on, and just couldn't help yourself? I did the other night. Woke up at 3 AM to use the bathroom , and found the wife up watching TV in the living room , as she couldn't sleep. After going back to bed, I had a thought, so I went back to the kitchen and picked up the house phone and susequently dialed my cell phone which was in the livingroom near my wife. I picked up my cell, made a face like I didn't recognize the number and answered it.
" Hello"
pause
" Oh, Hi"
"Yes"
pause
" Uh Huh"
pause
" Wow, You would do that for me?"
" You know I'm married, Right?"
Wife finally says " Who is that?"
" It's Jake ... from State Farm"
Needless to say she wanted to kill me.:)

More courage than I.

I also got her good several years ago during a phone conversation. For some reason, which is not from mental illness, or use of recreational drugs,things just seem to pop into my head. One day, I found myself thinking about a movie, the 1989 Batman film with Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Well, in one scene, Micheal Keaton, as Bruce Wayne is in Kim Basinger's apartment, trying to explain who he is. Anyway, if you remember the scene, this was the basis for my " idea"

Talking to the wife on the phone one day, and after a long pause in the conversation I saidin a serious tone:

"I've got something I need to tell you"
pause
" What is it?"
sigh
pause
" Ummm..."
" I don't quite know how to tell you this ..."
pause
" Jeez, how can I explain it..."
sigh
pause
After a good 2 minutes of going on like this, she said " Will you just tell me!"
I finally told her.
" OK" I said
pause
" I'm Batman":)

Last edited:
In the words of one of our great and most respected american statesman...Larry the cable guy..."that' funny right there. I don't care who ya are that there's funny." Both counts.:rolling:

A few years back I had figured out that the same jeopardy rerun show was on about an hour apart.

So I decided a little chicanery was in order so I memorized the answers to the first 10 or so questions.

When the next show came on I nonchalantly surfed over to the second episode and said heh, let's watch this. Well, the questions and answers I had memorized were so obtuse:

Chişinău - what is the capital of Moldova

Baikal - what is the largest lake in Russia

etc etc

that it was all I could do not to laugh after correctly answering about 10 of them right in a row.

Here's the worst part. She didn't even notice!!!!! Massive fail... All that was left on my part was to fess up to the stunt. I got just a little giggle. Was looking for SO much more...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom