OT - Rich Rod & His Impact On CFB | Syracusefan.com

OT - Rich Rod & His Impact On CFB

Wasn't Frost pretty much ours? IIRC it was the buyout or the contract length right?

Great read.

How close were we to signing Frost or Ash?
Frost I thought was quite close. Ash from what I heard wasn't as close but still an option.

Looking back at what really happened between Alabama and Rich Rodriguez 10 years ago

This is an incredible article about the coaching search that led Nick Saban to Tuscaloosa. Hopefully we look back at our situations with Scott Frost/Chris Ash like this in 10 years.

Interesting article. I personally would love to hear some details on the Dino/Frost flip flop even if its 10 years from now.

When we were searching my #1 was Dino. Frost was #2, kinda by default since it seemed like he was Coyle's #1. We were all familiar with him and I would have been OK with Frost but was more excited for what Dino could bring.

Then that morning when I was sitting at my desk (in Orlando) and overhearing 2 co-workers talk about how UCF just hired a new coach, someone by the name of Dino Babers. I immediately jumped in the conversation and said, crap, that's who I wanted at SU. I was told to read the morning paper, UCF got him. Then of course the reports shortly came out where Dino denied the reports and eventually chose SU.

Whole thing was weird and I'd love to know if we stole Dino from UCF or if they took Frost from us. Or however it all went down.

I like to believe Ash was a red herring. We learned Rutgers was trying to poach our candidates so we leaked the Ash info and let them 'steal' him from us. Haha ... brilliant. Until someone proves to me otherwise, this is what happened.