Class of 2016 - OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI

All I know about Behrndt is what's been said in the recent articles...he's basically down to us and Kansas, it sounds like, and could decide at any time. Be interesting to see what happens if he suddenly decides he's ready.

CuseLegacy posted the McCallister article as I was typing my first post to you. Heckel is down to SU and N. Illini now.

From the previous articles I've read, I had the sense that he REALLY wants to play in the BiG 10. Then again, he loved "NW" but didn't pull the trigger. I'm going to guess that Wiscon is still in his ear.

Do you have anything on Chase Behrndt? Heckel mentioned him by name as someone who stood out to him at one of the camps they both attended.

Well Behrndt is following Heckel on twitter so I guess he realizes what can happen if Heckel pulls the trigger.

Reactions: 007
If they both want to come you find a spot, the offensive line is the key to any great team, you have to be able to score to win.

We've had enough issues with OL depth lately that I hope this is the case.
Last year so many players injured, lack of quality depth, may have brought players back, when they should have taken time off.

While I tend to agree with that, in fairness we did just bring in 5 OL in the last class. So if we bring in 3 here, that's a lot of OL in these two classes, particularly with a more limited number of available scholarships and so many areas of need in this current class.

While I tend to agree with that, in fairness we did just bring in 5 OL in the last class. So if we bring in 3 here, that's a lot of OL in these two classes, particularly with a more limited number of available scholarships and so many areas of need in this current class.

But Jek...maybe we turn 1 or 2 of those OL/TE into DT or DE...having 1 or 2 too many Big Uglies...is a good thing IMHO

But Jek...maybe we turn 1 or 2 of those OL/TE into DT or DE...having 1 or 2 too many Big Uglies...is a good thing IMHO

Yeah totally, you might get a Kendall Moore who just can't put on weight or someone with an aggressive mean streak that really translates well to the DT position. Never get get enough athletic jumbo guys.

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 55s55 seconds ago
Heckel on Syracuse: "They kind of had the perfect storm of injuries so I feel like they can bounce back this year."

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 1m1 minute ago
Heckel on NIU: “I feel like home there b/c I’ve been there a lot and I think I would have a really good opportunity to play early there.”

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 55s55 seconds ago
Heckel on Syracuse: "They kind of had the perfect storm of injuries so I feel like they can bounce back this year."

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 1m1 minute ago
Heckel on NIU: “I feel like home there b/c I’ve been there a lot and I think I would have a really good opportunity to play early there.”

yuck

I think we are good here, would be surprised if he chooses NIU over us.

I think we are good here, would be surprised if he chooses NIU over us.
I think we're in good shape here, too. I really think the only thing that could play a factor is if he wants to stay closer to home.

Big body that can pack on more good weight, with decent technique, with small issues that can easily be addressed. Never gives up on plays. A few P5 offers. Theres nothing not to like about this one. Let's hope he picks P5 over proximity.

For what it's worth, 4 of the last 6 people he's followed on Twitter are Eric White, Robert Washington, Noel Brouse, and Tim Lester. That's including Eric White within the last, like, 15 minutes.
I'm guessing that's just because the decision was announced, but let's hope it means a commitment is on the horizon!

I'm guessing that's just because the decision was announced, but let's hope it means a commitment is on the horizon!
No, he followed THEM, not the other way around. I'm not sure why he'd start following SU people right before announcing, and then not pick SU.

And honestly, if he picks NIU...well, it's hard to argue against their recent track record. At least 11 wins in each of the past five seasons, and an Orange Bowl appearance in 2012.

No, he followed THEM, not the other way around. I'm not sure why he'd start following SU people right before announcing, and then not pick SU.
Oh misread that...I'll just blame it on the nor'easter :rolleyes:

And honestly, if he picks NIU...well, it's hard to argue against their recent track record. At least 11 wins in each of the past five seasons, and an Orange Bowl appearance in 2012.

No arguing they are a powerhouse, below the P5 level. Hopefully P5 beats closer to home for him.

He just started following two more SU coaches. I think we're going to be pretty happy with the choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom