Class of 2016 - OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI

He just started following two more SU coaches. I think we're going to be pretty happy with the choice.
no-jinx.gif

BTW, looking at the picture of him standing next to Coach Adams...he is a legit 6'5". Really nice pickup...hope UW doesn't call late like they did with the Bzytwudswahl kid last year.
Yep. He's a large young man. I know that our OL guys are relatively under the radar (Heckel isn't, but DeGeorge and Brouse were) but I really, really like the combination of size/athleticism they offer. DeGeorge has begun picking up steam in terms of national rankings, but all three of our guys are very similar - 6-5, 265ish but carrying the weight very well. Good frames, not sloppy weight.

Yep. He's a large young man. I know that our OL guys are relatively under the radar (Heckel isn't, but DeGeorge and Brouse were) but I really, really like the combination of size/athleticism they offer. DeGeorge has begun picking up steam in terms of national rankings, but all three of our guys are very similar - 6-5, 265ish but carrying the weight very well. Good frames, not sloppy weight.

Was about to post the same thing. These guys are BIG--they have the frames to easily add more weight without losing their mobility / athleticism--that's what I like about these three.

No doubt in my mind that they'll all be at 295 or so after two years in a collegiate S&C program, and they'll carry that weight well. We're starting to get some BIG offensive linemen; good to see.

Was about to post the same thing. These guys are BIG--they have the frames to easily add more weight without losing their mobility / athleticism--that's what I like about these three.

No doubt in my mind that they'll all be at 295 or so after two years in a collegiate S&C program, and they'll carry that weight well. We're starting to get some BIG offensive linemen; good to see.
Yep. Agree completely. DeGeorge in particular I think is potentially our next Hickey in terms of being a workout warrior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom