Class of 2020 - OT Savion Washington (OH) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/23/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OT Savion Washington (OH) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/23/24)

If he is indeed 6’9”, I believe he’d be our tallest football player ever. I recall an OT from CT I believe during either the Marrone or Shafer years that was 6’8” but can’t come up with his name. He was a white kid that may have had tattoos. Never really played much & may have transferred. First name may have been Joe.

If he is indeed 6’9”, I believe he’d be our tallest football player ever. I recall an OT from CT I believe during either the Marrone or Shafer years that was 6’8” but can’t come up with his name. He was a white kid that may have had tattoos. Never really played much & may have transferred.
Colorado had a horrific line last year. Sanders was running for his life every play. Yikes

Colorado had a horrific line last year. Sanders was running for his life every play. Yikes
IMG_0114.gif

I’m hoping this guy is the exception! CU (4-8, 1-8 Pac-12) gave up a school-record 56 sacks. Sanders’ son, Shedeur, the Buffaloes’ starting quarterback, was sacked 52 times and the toll of those hits prevented him from playing in the final six quarters of the season.

Yes it was all Savion Washingtons fault.

The goal of any program is to build depth and offer all these kids the chance to come in and compete for not only a starting spot but a position on the depth chart. If the kid comes that is what he is getting the opportunity to do. I will trust the coaches to sort out who starts who doesn't. If they have offered him they think he can help in some area. Kid could be great addition might flame out. maybe the OL coach sees things that need work and can be improved on.

All that said " Colorado's O line stunk" doesn't do much for me. Who was their coach? I read that the kid tried to play through injuries as well. Whether he did or didn't doesn't matter, only matters what he can do for Syracuse while he plays here. He could start, could stink, could go onto the NFL. whatever but nobody knows

Also not sure if the qb's dad being the HC is a great deal either. They also demoted their OC for some reason who most here feel is an excellent football coach. Did he stink as well? It was a mess.

The goal of any program is to build depth and offer all these kids the chance to come in and compete for not only a starting spot but a position on the depth chart. If the kid comes that is what he is getting the opportunity to do. I will trust the coaches to sort out who starts who doesn't. If they have offered him they think he can help in some area. Kid could be great addition might flame out. maybe the OL coach sees things that need work and can be improved on.

All that said " Colorado's O line stunk" doesn't do much for me. Who was their coach? I read that the kid tried to play through injuries as well. Whether he did or didn't doesn't matter, only matters what he can do for Syracuse while he plays here. He could start, could stink, could go onto the NFL. whatever but nobody knows

Also not sure if the qb's dad being the HC is a great deal either. They also demoted their OC for some reason who most here feel is an excellent football coach. Did he stink as well? It was a mess.
Outstanding post

I am linking an article reviewing the performance of the Colorado OL in 2023.

They were really bad. Did not protect the QB, gave up a ton of sacks.

Looks like Washington was good until he got hurt. When he returned (speculating perhaps prematurely), he was not the same.

There is reason to think he is a good one.

If he is indeed 6’9”, I believe he’d be our tallest football player ever. I recall an OT from CT I believe during either the Marrone or Shafer years that was 6’8” but can’t come up with his name. He was a white kid that may have had tattoos. Never really played much & may have transferred. First name may have been Joe.
Adam Terry was up in that range I think

Well there you have it. Nick Williams must hink he's worth an offer.
and Sean Lewis must have thought enough of him to bring him from Kent St to Colorado. I think we all think pretty highly of Sean. The same Sean Lewis who was demoted by Coach Prime but highly regarded by many. Looks to me like he hurried back after an injury as well. I have no idea how good the kid is, there are some pros and cons but it's 1 year.

and Sean Lewis must have thought enough of him to bring him from Kent St to Colorado. I think we all think pretty highly of Sean. The same Sean Lewis who was demoted by Coach Prime but highly regarded by many. Looks to me like he hurried back after an injury as well. I have no idea how good the kid is, there are some pros and cons but it's 1 year.

It’s one year and in the very least depth at a position that is arguably the hardest position to find depth at. And has been an issue for SU specifically (depth) for many years.

It would be interesting to know his PFF grade from game before he got hurt. His numbers after he returned from injury prob brought him down

AND the fact that their entire OL was a shambles by then, so him playing hurt with a bunch of other random dudes in various states of ability and injury isn't a recipe for success, for any of them.

Reminder that Bergeron was a part of a historically bad offensive line and yet is in the running for NFL rookie of the year

I know nothing about Washington, but his being a part of a bad line is virtually meaningless as a talent evaluation tool

Coach Fran and Coach Nick do have pretty good histories of talent evaluation.

If they want him, I want him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom