Class of 2016 - OT Sean Foster (IL) Verbal to Iowa State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sean Foster (IL) Verbal to Iowa State

Offers include Cal, Nebraska, Nevada, Indiana, NIU, Syracuse

Free article ...

Quick Hitter: Foster Has Big Ten Visits
By Allen Trieu
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted Feb 20, 2014

Mundelein (Ill.) Carmel class of 2016 offensive tackle Sean Foster has a couple visits scheduled for March.

With his frame (6'8, 265) and athleticism, Mundelein Carmel sophomore offensive tackle Sean Foster has piqued the interest of a number of major programs already.
Currently holding an early Nebraska offer, he is looking to visit more schools this spring.
"We are going to Northwestern on the 1st of March," his father Troy Foster reported to Scout.
In addition, he is visiting one of the Wildcats' Big Ten foes.
"Sean was invited today to attend practice and talk to professors at Michigan on the 20th of March."
Wolverines head coach Brady Hoke was in the school this Winter to check in on Foster. He is also hearing from Iowa, Purdue, Notre Dame and many others.

BmRZiiOCAAAeF4l.jpg:large

Free Article..
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2015/02/15/foster-patient-process/

Foster Being Patient With Process
Author: Matt Freeman

February 15, 2015

2016 Illinois offensive lineman Sean Foster is focused on improving his game this offseason and he is really looking forward to the 2015 football season. However, another sport will take precedence this Spring.

“The offseason is treating me extremely well,” Foster explained to Irish Sports Daily. “I have been working out with my team a lot and we are trying to get everyone back in the swing of things. We have been back at it since January to really make a run for State this year. We should be pretty good this fall.

“I also play lacrosse and that starts up in about two weeks. I am pretty much the biggest kid out there. There aren’t too many kids my size that play lacrosse. It’s rarely ever that I find kids my size.”

The major focus for Foster this offseason is building his strength. The 6-foot-8, 265-pounder understands that you can never have too much strength at that size and he is enjoying see his hard work pay off.

“I am really trying to work on my strength,” said Foster. “I know that’s one of the key things I have to work on the most. It has been an ongoing thing that my offensive coordinator has been doing with me. He has really been pushing me to my capabilities and it’s great to see the outcome.”

Foster is no stranger to South Bend, as he has taken multiple trips to Notre Dame. The four-star prospect has been in contact with the Irish staff and understands their message to him right now of patience.

“Notre Dame’s message to me right now is to be patient,” stated Foster. “They are a slowing moving offer type of team. They said to just wait and relax. I have been in contact with Coach Hiestand and my dad is really good friends with the trainer.

“I can see myself playing for Coach Hiestand if the offer comes through. He is one of the greater offensive line coaches I have talked with. Obviously, there are a lot of coaches that I love and are great coaches. Coach Hiestand is great because he will really push you to do your best. That is something really cool to see.”

The Carmel Catholic standout has an array of offers from the likes of Cal, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina State, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse and Virginia Tech among many others.

“Minnesota and Rutgers are the two most recent schools to offer me,” he said. “I am at 24 offers right now. It’s a huge thing for me to receiver all the offers. The thing that really motivates me is that I am everyone else when I look at myself. I have to work and work to get an offer from a school. That keeps me motivated and not focused on what college is coming in to talk to me. I want to push myself and be proud of what I have earned when I looked myself in the mirror.”

Foster isn’t sure if he will be able to get out to any junior days or visits this spring with lacrosse, but he wants to continue to build strong relationships with the coaching staffs recruiting him.

“I am not too sure about any visits or camps at the moment with lacrosse about to pick up,” he explained. “One of the things I am looking for in a school, is the relationship with the coaches. That is who you are going to be with most of the time and means you will have a good relationship with others. That is a huge thing for me.”

http://www.chicagofootball.com/2015...ecruit-qa-carmels-sean-foster/axg1p0l/?page=1

High school football recruit Q&A: Carmel's Sean Foster

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:55 p.m. CDT

x8cl8j77mtcrnnhbpbodz9jfst7pzqup.pagespeed.ic.HjWwXAPcI8dD2J7X27CD.jpg

Carmel offensive lineman Sean Foster has 24 offers and counting. (Photo courtesy of Sean Foster)
Sean Foster, Carmel, OT
Height: 6-8

Weight: 285

Offers: Rutgers, Minnesota, Eastern Michigan, Nebraska, Cal, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue, Syracuse, Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Virginia Tech, Duke, N.C. State, Kentucky, Nevada, Toledo

On Twitter: @Foster__75

How often do you get asked about how many offers you have?

Probably at least once or twice a day.

How many do you have?

Can you recite them all?

Probably not

Do you train anywhere outside of high school?

I train at my high school. It's because we have such a great offensive coordinator and offensive line coach (Ben Berg, who played collegiately at Lakeland College). It's not really worth paying for something when I can get great coaching for free here at Carmel. (Berg) pushes me and pushes me until I can't stop.

What type of things do you do?

We do a lot of agility and ladder. Bench squat, dead lift. Everything to work on speed.

Do you play any other sports?

I played basketball and lacrosse. I just like to compete. I don't really want to go a season without competing. Why not do it every season and make it better at every sport that I play.

Lacrosse really works with my conditioning, so when the fourth quarter comes along, I'm in good shape. It helps with my side to side movement, that's huge. It's the most important thing to me.

Is it difficult to play both tackle positions?

It's not really a big transition. I've been doing it my whole life.

What have you learned from your dad, who was an RT at Iowa?

He's kind of a big mentor to me. To see how hard he worked to get where he did, I can figure out how to be the best. Those are some of the things that I strive to do. I try to make myself better, but the key is to make my teammates and the team better. It doesn't matter as much how well I am playing, it's how well all of us are playing.

You like to watch film of old Carmel players like Mickey Baucus. What do you look for?

I like watching it because it shows how to play the right way. It shows everything about what Carmel football used to be and what it could be again in the future. We're doing everything we can to bring it back to where it was.

Is it good to go through recruiting with someone who is having a lot of the same experiences like
Noah Turner?

Me and Noah are pretty good friends. We push each other to do the best we can. I have nothing but the best to say about him.

When you think about all the offers you have, how do you approach making a decision?

I'm going to have a couple days to talk with my parents before I actually commit. Then, I'm going to talk to my coaches to make sure they know it will be the right decision for me. It's so important to make all of them a part of that process because this has been such a big goal in my life and they've all been a part of making it happen. It's big to get their input.
Any visits coming up?

I'm going to Michigan State on Feb. 25.

Are they on the list of offers?

Not yet.

Is that one you're hoping for?

I would say that would be pretty cool, but I'm just taking things slow with my family and not trying to rush anything.

Since Signing Day, with coaches moving their concentration to next season, have a lot more coaches contacted you?

I've been getting messages on Twitter from a lot of different coaches that I hadn't talked to before. It's cool to see what they all have to say about their colleges. Neat to learn about.

How important is Twitter for recruiting?

It plays a very big role. It's the only communication we're allowed to have besides Facebook a lot of times. That's the best way to do it other than actually talking to the coach on the phone. They can start calling in April, but we can call them before then.

What will your memories be of last season and getting back to the playoffs?

Some of the key things were our leadership from our seniors. They really changed the mentality of how to work here. I think it's going to pay off a lot next season because we have a lot of leadership. I think it will pay off and make us 10 times better this year than we would have been.

Followed on Twitter by both the new OC and Babers...

Do we have any shot at this guy? Was he ever being recruited by BGSU? God, this would be awesome.

I know I may end up being very wrong about this when it's all done and said, but I really like how things are looking so far. Instead of taking a hit due to a new HC coming on board, we look positioned to further strengthen our recruiting class. I like what I'm seeing so far. Come on, Sean... join the 'Cuse!

What a nice addition Foster would make, along with Heckel, to the young and talented OL currently at the Cuse. Hope Babers and crew can do some magic in Chicagoland.

I thought I mike McCallistair on the radio todat say he has Decommitted from Minny.

OH MY GOD! DID WE DO THAT?!?!

I know I may end up being very wrong about this when it's all done and said, but I really like how things are looking so far. Instead of taking a hit due to a new HC coming on board, we look positioned to further strengthen our recruiting class. I like what I'm seeing so far. Come on, Sean... join the 'Cuse!
Which is exactly why we needed a proven head coach. Recruiting.

Purdue come on Sean. LOL Bring back there speedy WR with you.