Class of 2016 - OT Sean Foster (IL) Verbal to Iowa State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sean Foster (IL) Verbal to Iowa State

I know I may end up being very wrong about this when it's all done and said, but I really like how things are looking so far. Instead of taking a hit due to a new HC coming on board, we look positioned to further strengthen our recruiting class. I like what I'm seeing so far. Come on, Sean... join the 'Cuse!
I agree, but if our recruiting didn't improve with the new staff we probably hired the wrong crew- here's to hoping they can close on some of these guys

I agree, but if our recruiting didn't improve with the new staff we probably hired the wrong crew- here's to hoping they can close on some of these guys

I agree that recruiting should definitely improve but that isn't typically what you see when a new coach comes into the equation as late as now when relationships have already been formed and developed over year(s). Hence the reason for my optimism.

I agree that recruiting should definitely improve but that isn't typically what you see when a new coach comes into the equation as late as now when relationships have already been formed and developed over year(s). Hence the reason for my optimism.
Our recruiting under SS was lackluster at best. There was an illusion of improvement due to the jump to the ACC over what we were getting in the BE, but we were still in the dregs of the ACC. By hiring a guy with head coaching experience and an exciting, proven offensive system I would expect a bump. I hope we can take advantage of the excitement around Babers and his system and score some improved recruits.

Statesman1 said:
Our recruiting under SS was lackluster at best. There was an illusion of improvement due to the jump to the ACC over what we were getting in the BE, but we were still in the dregs of the ACC. By hiring a guy with head coaching experience and an exciting, proven offensive system I would expect a bump. I hope we can take advantage of the excitement around Babers and his system and score some improved recruits.

We will - but I wouldn't judge the staff by this season.