OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

Holy bleep! Hardly seems an even trade for the Birds. Wonder if any draft picks are involved. You know, as in 'Marcus Mariota'.

If the Bills just had a good QB they would be a solid playoff team.

The hell would they do that for? Alonso is a nice lb but unless the birds are signing Adrian Peterson I'm not sure how they sell the fans.

NSFW language, but this is how I'm feeling about my team right now:

Whoa! What do you think about this for the Bills JeremyCuse and longislandcuse ? Alonso is great but I kind of like it. So who do we have a linebacker now? Bradham, Rivers and who?

KIND OF like it? If this trade is actually legit, the Bills just fleeced the Eagles. Absolutely fleeced.

I'm a Bills fan. We haven't been in the playoffs for 15 YEARS! "kind of" is as far as I'm willing to go at this point :)

Whoa! What do you think about this for the Bills JeremyCuse and longislandcuse ? Alonso is great but I kind of like it. So who do we have a linebacker now? Bradham, Rivers and who?

Rivers is gone.

Bills had a ton of cap space to go get free agents. Interesting that they are acquiring the second most expensive RB and trading a 3rd year former Defensive rookie of the year, albeit coming off the knee injury.

Less cap space and now they have to address LB'er and sinking a lot of money into RB, and now have less cap space.

McCoy has been great, but he's going into his 7th year and has had a ton of work.

Rivers is gone.

Bills had a ton of cap space to go get free agents. Interesting that they are acquiring the second most expensive RB and trading a 3rd year former Defensive rookie of the year, albeit coming off the knee injury.

Less cap space and now they have to address LB'er and sinking a lot of money into RB, and now have less cap space.

McCoy has been great, but he's going into his 7th year and has had a ton of work.

Yeah I misspoke with Rivers. I meant Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham. Very good points.

McCoy aging, Kiko is a stud (albeit coming off of knee injury)... I don't know, as a Giants fan, not a fan of this trade.

The offensive coach is saying I don't have to overpay a mid career RB, defensive coaching saying, with this DL and secondary I can dispense with a potential long term all star at LB.

This is a Belichick style move by Kelly. Cheaper long term value.

Could work for both teams, but I'd hardly call it a steal. Eagles can now be players in the Revis market. I like McCoy, but NFL RB's seem to be pretty interchangeable if the o-line is good.

chip is not done gotta feeling he will trade up and get marcus maroita in draft. as for the spot as rb for eagles demarco murray because cowboys can't afford both dez and demarco down the road..

Rivers is gone.

I think that's what Kelly is thinking. Assuming he's healthy (big assumption), Alonso fills the gap left by Trent Cole at a more affordable price. In fact, what the Eagles have done over the past couple of days is to amass quite a bit of salcap space. They've done that at the expense of creating a couple of additional key needs. If I had to predict who the Birds are most likely to go after in free agency, I'd say McCourty. And maybe even the Seahawks' CB.

I admit, though, that I don't know what Kelly's thinking. I'd feel just a bit more comfortable if he didn't have such an Oregon Duck obsession.

McCoy aging, Kiko is a stud (albeit coming off of knee injury)... I don't know, as a Giants fan, not a fan of this trade.

This doesn't get Philly any closer to Mariotta, unless Alonso is part of a package to move up.

chip is not done gotta feeling he will trade up and get marcus maroita in draft. as for the spot as rb for eagles demarco murray because cowboys can't afford both dez and demarco down the road..

He's not going after Murray. At best, Murray's McCoy, but with more injury issues. Think he's gonna find someone on the cheap.