OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

Best defense the bills ever had and Alonso wasn't there. He started great but didn't finish great his rookie year. I'm indifferent. Rb was a bigger need I guess. They really like Preston brown, made Kiko expendable

I still can't believe a guy with that name is white

Best defense the bills ever had and Alonso wasn't there. He started great but didn't finish great his rookie year. I'm indifferent. Rb was a bigger need I guess. They really like Preston brown, made Kiko expendable

I still can't believe a guy with that name is white

Indifferent too. Need to upgrade OL badly. Still have a little hope that without the Marrone/Hackett combo Manuel might become at least as good as Trent Dilfer.

Indifferent too. Need to upgrade OL badly. Still have a little hope that without the Marrone/Hackett combo Manuel might become at least as good as Trent Dilfer.
I think guaranteed signings you will see are a top notch lineman, David Harris or Brandon Spikes and a vet QB then resigning Hughes or bringing in one of the other pass rushers in FA.

And none of this solves Buffalo's biggest issue, unless Rex doesn't care who is handing off the ball 50 times a game.
You're right, the Bills should have traded Kiko for Aaron Rodgers instead.

longislandcuse said:
I've heard from multiple people in Philly including reading the Iggles board that fans are irate over this move and Kelly better get Mariota or they're going to riot. Not that that means anything anyway.

Knowing how adept Philly fans are at judging personnel, this must mean the trade was brilliant.

Knowing how adept Philly fans are at judging personnel, this must mean the trade was brilliant.
th

Did I miss the games between last year when he was 3rd in the NFL and now when he's no longer one of the best?
4 ypc and 5 TD's are marginal RB numbers...those are McCoy's stats last year. The fact he was 3rd in rushing yards tells you how much its a passing league and RB's are a dime a dozen. So why pay for a guy who gets 4 ypc and only scored 5 TD's...and chipped in with a whopping 28 receptions

But keep trying to spin this as McCoy is some dominate player :eat popcorn:

Stern said:
4 ypc and 5 TD's are marginal RB numbers...those are McCoy's stats last year. The fact he was 3rd in rushing yards tells you how much its a passing league and RB's are a dime a dozen. So why pay for a guy who gets 4 ypc and only scored 5 TD's...and chipped in with a whopping 28 receptions But keep trying to spin this as McCoy is some dominate player :eat popcorn:

I'm not spinning anything. I'm not an Iggs fan nor a Bills fan. But to say he wasn't one of the best last year is ignorant.

4 ypc and 5 TD's are marginal RB numbers...those are McCoy's stats last year. The fact he was 3rd in rushing yards tells you how much its a passing league and RB's are a dime a dozen. So why pay for a guy who gets 4 ypc and only scored 5 TD's...and chipped in with a whopping 28 receptions

Do dominant running backs exist in your world? If they don't then ill respect your argument but don't try to tell me Demarco Murray is worth the $ after one good year in Dallas where he was used and abused and had the best offensive line in football.

The only downside is the cap hit. Kiko isn't even as good as Brown and Bradham who are prototypical Lbers in Rex Ryan's system, Kiko is not. The guy we sign, David Harris most likely will replace Kiko just fine.

So what exactly is your issue w this trade? Cap hit? We have money, were not spending it on a QB anytime soon. We can still re-sign Hughes, a vet QB and a stud OG.

Do dominant running backs exist in your world? If they don't then ill respect your argument but don't try to tell me Demarco Murray is worth the $ after one good year in Dallas where he was used and abused and had the best offensive line in football.

The only downside is the cap hit. Kiko isn't even as good as Brown and Bradham who are prototypical Lbers in Rex Ryan's system, Kiko is not. The guy we sign, David Harris most likely will replace Kiko just fine.

So what exactly is your issue w this trade? Cap hit? We have money, were not spending it on a QB anytime soon. We can still re-sign Hughes, a vet QB and a stud OG.

His issue is he speaks only in absolutes and is very curmudgeonly. And usually wrong with this stuff... Also loves to bash all things bills

I'm not spinning anything. I'm not an Iggs fan nor a Bills fan. But to say he wasn't one of the best last year is ignorant.

Actually, he was the 3rd worst graded RB in the league per Pro Football Focus.

They are usually dead on with their grading.

He danced ALOT last year, he did appear to be slowing down. Polk was much more effective at the goaline and Sproles was much better out of the backfield

That said, as an Eagles fan, I'm not pleased with the trade. I thought they could have got more for him than an LB with two ACL injuries

Since the Eagles were prepared to cut him, getting a starting LB is an added bonus.

Per CBS Sports
"... consider that almost none of the future money he's owed is guaranteed. Buffalo can move on from McCoy nearly cost-free after this season if they wish, even if that would seem an immense waste of resources."

If they need cap space for a QB in the ensuing cycle - well there it is.

Wait - Stern doesn't approve of a move by the Bills???

nw.gif

His issue is he speaks only in absolutes and is very curmudgeonly. And usually wrong with this stuff... Also loves to bash all things bills
Yeah cause I was so wrong when I told everyone the Watkins trade and pick was horrible when the Bills could have stayed where they were and just took Beckham who was a better player. I was so wrong about that...:rolleyes: Again, keep trying to convince yourself that Watkins is a better player and that was a good trade Buffalo made.

The NFL is about roster construction and how you build your team and managing the cap. You can spin this till the cows come home, but this is a bad trade involving McCoy. It's a passing league, you have a great LB who is playing for next to nothing, McCoy was going to be cut so why trade for a guy you could have just signed as a FA...it's a bad trade. Crack your little jokes now, just like last year with the Watkins/Beckham thing I will be proven right again in time.

Per CBS Sports
"... consider that almost none of the future money he's owed is guaranteed. Buffalo can move on from McCoy nearly cost-free after this season if they wish, even if that would seem an immense waste of resources."

If they need cap space for a QB in the ensuing cycle - well there it is.

This is also the reason why Rosenhaus is going to push to re-do his deal before accepting the trade. It will be interesting to see what the Bills do in the next 3 days.

This is also the reason why Rosenhaus is going to push to re-do his deal before accepting the trade. It will be interesting to see what the Bills do in the next 3 days.
Yup. Don't know who is in the power position. I doubt he has trade approval. If he doesn't, is his only leverage the threat to retire?

Yup. Don't know who is in the power position. I doubt he has trade approval. If he doesn't, is his only leverage the threat to retire?

He can threaten to sit, and if he knows Philly is going to cut him, maybe then he gets to pick his team and get a better deal?

I realize he's been in the league 6 years, but...aging?

McCoy is still only 26 years old.

Yes, especially at RB. These guys typically don't last much longer than that and he is pretty small.

You're right, the Bills should have traded Kiko for Aaron Rodgers instead.
i'm so glad sherlock96 is here to remind us that QB is an issue. if you can't get a good qb you shouldn't bother make any other moves

Whoa! What do you think about this for the Bills JeremyCuse and longislandcuse ? Alonso is great but I kind of like it. So who do we have a linebacker now? Bradham, Rivers and who?

Mixed feelings to be honest. With Alonso missing the entire year last year it makes the trade easier to get behind but young 3 down lbs who can play in coverage are pretty rare. Mccoy is a hell of a player but the amount of mileage is definitely a bit of a concern in my book. I am still thrilled to have Mccoy just wish we didnt have to give up Alonso to do it but you have to give up talent to get it. The good news is that Buffalo doesnt need to draft a rb early and instead can concetrate on Guard, TE, S, and LB. If Whaley is smart he will look to trade down in the second and pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick to make up for the missing picks we have.

All I know is that now, the Eagles had better find a way to trade back into the end of the first round and grab Todd Gurley (currently projected to go at the end of the first).

You guys serious? The Bills got robbed.