OT - Speed limits in CNY | Syracusefan.com

OT - Speed limits in CNY

skurey

Living Legend
Is it just me or do we have some of the dumbest speed limits around?

To start we have the whole 65 on the highway thing which only a few states do.

Next most of 31 and 57 are 40 when they should be 50.

Erie Blvd should be 50 as well but yet it's 40.

And does anyone know what's happening with Northern Blvd? It was 55 then they were doing construction for like 5 months and made it 40 with a work zone sign on top but now the construction is done and the signs still say 40. Everyone goes 55 at least but it always makes me nervous.

skurey said:
Is it just me or do we have some of the dumbest speed limits around? To start we have the whole 65 on the highway thing which only a few states do. Next most of 31 and 57 are 40 when they should be 50. Erie Blvd should be 50 as well but yet it's 40. And does anyone know what's happening with Northern Blvd? It was 55 then they were doing construction for like 5 months and made it 40 with a work zone sign on top but now the construction is done and the signs still say 40. Everyone goes 55 at least but it always makes me nervous.

50 on rt 31 and 57 with all the businesses, traffic and people pulling in and out of entrances? No way.

Yes way. 31 has tons of lights to prevent incidents and half of 57 is dead or has lights.

Oh my god I forgot about the holy grail of bad speed limits.

IN NO UNIVERSE SHOULD THE PARKWAY BE 45 FOR HALF THE FREAKING YEAR

If you have the parkway 55 in the winter, people will drive 65. That is very fast on a road with no median and potential windy/slippery conditions off the lake.

If you have the parkway 55 in the winter, people will drive 65. That is very fast on a road with no median and potential windy/slippery conditions off the lake.

Then give the people who drive over the speed limit a ticket so they don't continue to break the law.

Then give the people who drive over the speed limit a ticket so they don't continue to break the law.
Everybody knows the only way to keep lawbreakers from breaking the law is to cuff em and stuff em.

And yeah, the speed limits around here are waaay too high, just like the people in charge of making them. Case closed.

Good talk.

Is it just me or do we have some of the dumbest speed limits around?

To start we have the whole 65 on the highway thing which only a few states do.

Next most of 31 and 57 are 40 when they should be 50.

Erie Blvd should be 50 as well but yet it's 40.

And does anyone know what's happening with Northern Blvd? It was 55 then they were doing construction for like 5 months and made it 40 with a work zone sign on top but now the construction is done and the signs still say 40. Everyone goes 55 at least but it always makes me nervous.

50 mph on Erie Boulevard? With the high density of businesses there? That's insane.

I don't get it. This isn't the city. 99% of people are driving. Slower speed limits results in more accidents.

Skurey, I think people are being too hard on you. Apparently, they don't realize the time sensitive nature of all your automotive junkets. Why, that extra 10mph over a 3 mile distance could mean an extra 45 seconds. I, for one, am happy to accommodate you on you missions of National Security by pulling over and letting you speed by. Perhaps a large banner would alert us all that you have places to go and people to meet.....

But the cops can't nab every single driver. I don't need one of my loved ones getting killed because some 22 year old in a green Honda Civic with a spoiler needs to get to Destiny USA 3 minutes sooner.

Everybody knows the only way to keep lawbreakers from breaking the law is to cuff em and stuff em.

And yeah, the speed limits around here are waaay too high, just like the people in charge of making them. Case closed.

Good talk.

Let's all welcome Roscoe P Coltrane to the board!

63177213.jpg

We waste so much of our lives going from place to place. I'd like to save every second possible.

Give George Jetson a ring and see if he can hook you up with one of his cars so you can fly over everyone.

We waste so much of our lives going from place to place. I'd like to save every second possible.

I hear you...that's why I freak out about people who just stand on escalators instead of walking. But I prefer that people don't drive like maniacs.

Thruway could be 70 on most parts. A lot of 90 in Pennsylvania is 70MPH.

50 on Erie blvd? Too many lights and congestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom