OT: Sports city misery index | Syracusefan.com

OT: Sports city misery index

True misery is if your current city and your hometown were reversed.

For sure. Really don't give a crap about any team in San Diego. Besides the longevity, I don't see how San Diego can even come close to Buffalo on that list.

For sure. Really don't give a crap about any team in San Diego. Besides the longevity, I don't see how San Diego can even come close to Buffalo on that list.

The thing with San Diego is, there's a thousand other outdoor activities to do during the year besides following their sports teams, which is why 1/2 of Charger games are usually visiting fans. In Buffalo, it's pretty much either follow the Bills and Sabres or go to Mighty Taco.

The thing with San Diego is, there's a thousand other outdoor activities to do during the year besides following their sports teams, which is why 1/2 of Charger games are usually visiting fans. In Buffalo, it's pretty much either follow the Bills and Sabres or go to Mighty Taco.

My exact thoughts on why its not even close. About half the people I meet here are from somewhere else while damn near 100% of people in Buffalo are from Buffalo.

The Buffalo sports curse was shared with San Diego after they stole the Buffalo Braves from them. The curse shan't be lifted until a Buffalo team is crowned world champion.

It is written.
There was a recent article (not sure if on here) which told the background of Buffalo losing the Braves. Long story short, despite being offered over six figures a game, Canisius would not give up any of its Saturday games at the arena so that the NBA could play there. That's right, Canisius.

yeah, no offense i dont think of any team in san diego really mattering?

I assume - maybe incorrectly - that SD is like Miami. All beach bums and/or transplants

I've been to a bunch of games in SD.
Half of the crowd is always the other team.

There's a decent sized fanbase, but they don't really care to the level of the Northeast teams or Minny/Chicago/Det

yeah, no offense i dont think of any team in san diego really mattering?

I assume - maybe incorrectly - that SD is like Miami. All beach bums and/or transplants

Pretty much. Swap out all of the Cubans for Mexicans and its pretty accurate comparison.

There's a decent sized fanbase, but they don't really care to the level of the Northeast teams or Minny/Chicago/Det

thats any transplant city.

Some people say Atlanta is a bad sports town - quite the opposite. Atlanta is a great sports town - just everyone is from Philly, detroit, chicago, cleveland, mass, pitt - you cant take their love of their hometown out. Braves have 1 of best fanbases in all of sports but the games against the cubs, yankees, and redsox are away games because its a huge special occasion for those fans. For Braves fans, its just another 95 degree game outside.

Braves have 1 of best fanbases in all of sports

Since 2000, the Braves have only finished in the Top 10 of MLB attendance once, in 2003 when they finished 10th. I'm not trying to insult your town (I like Atlanta a lot), but is that really a characteristic of one of the best fanbases in sports?

Denver at San Diego. Incredible.

qzqN3Qc.jpg

Since 2000, the Braves have only finished in the Top 10 of MLB attendance once, in 2003 when they finished 10th. I'm not trying to insult your town (I like Atlanta a lot), but is that really a characteristic of one of the best fanbases in sports?

Fanbases arent always local. Braves country is huge.

There was a recent article (not sure if on here) which told the background of Buffalo losing the Braves. Long story short, despite being offered over six figures a game, Canisius would not give up any of its Saturday games at the arena so that the NBA could play there. That's right, Canisius.

Not many have gone to battle with the Golden Griffins and lived to talk about it......

and are chronic snake bitten and mismanaged underachievers since. The fanbase has to be about their wits end in Jerry land.

I am a Cowboys fan and I despise Jerry, but there are franchises out there who have never been to a sb, so Cowboys fans can't complain too much.

Not to mention the Stars won a stanley cup.

Ugghhh over the Sabres no less. Brett Hull's damn skate in the crease!

Any such index that doesn't rank Philadelphia #1 is invalid in my mind.

Teams were so bad this year that they drafted #1 overall in two sports and #2 overall in a third.