OT: Stadiums of the Future... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Stadiums of the Future...

interesting look at repurposing stadiums to be used 365 days a year. I think the dome was ahead of its time in that regard and the future of it is very intriguing.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/18/super-bowl-100-stadium
was just reading that last night.

i think it's nuts. trying to make the upper deck some multi use space will suck for multi uses. end up spending a trillion dollars on some modular stadium in hopes that it can be a mall or a park the rest of the week?

have any of these guys ever gone to a golf tournment? where you walk around standing behind people taller than you not being able to see a thing?

just build smaller stadiums for people to watch the game and don't spend so much money that you don't have to worry about oh geez what are we going to do with this thing the rest of the week

This is how we're supposed to be dressing now

XuvjZFv.png

Another factor, in this day of age of terrorism and such, having stadium's built like that would make it very difficult to keep everyone safe on gamedays. Right now the security checks of everyone entering the stadium seems to be working. Having an upper deck like that or having an office building literally hovering over one side of the stadium or having a parking garage attached to the stadium itself...that is a nightmare waiting to happen. And with 80,000+ people in a stadium i'm not sure you can ensure the safety of everyone in the stadium when you have so many blind spots that might not be getting the same high quality security checks that a regular person entering a stadium gets.

Another factor, in this day of age of terrorism and such, having stadium's built like that would make it very difficult to keep everyone safe on gamedays. Right now the security checks of everyone entering the stadium seems to be working. Having an upper deck like that or having an office building literally hovering over one side of the stadium or having a parking garage attached to the stadium itself...that is a nightmare waiting to happen. And with 80,000+ people in a stadium i'm not sure you can ensure the safety of everyone in the stadium when you have so many blind spots that might not be getting the same high quality security checks that a regular person entering a stadium gets.
as far as i know, u build for the future---with a plan to adapt u can ensure nothing aka times square, airports etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom