OT: Suzanne Somers | Syracusefan.com

OT: Suzanne Somers

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
So on the Cuse spot they show during televised games I recognize all the notable alums but am a bit confused. Is that Suzanne Somers in one of the final shots? If so, what's the connection? Her bio doesn't mention Syracuse and I don't recall ever hearing anything.

No, it's Betsey Johnson, some sort of fashion designer or something of that ilk. I guess they kind of look alike.
20090630_betseyjohnson_250x375.jpg

Which Cuse spot is this? Is it online? I can't imagine it's Suzanne Somers, maybe someone who just looks like her?

That is Betsey Johnson. She is a fashion designer, quite well known if you are into that sort of thing, who has many lines in different stores including Macy's. She studied at Pratt before graduating from Syracuse (Wikipedia)

The one they've been playing the past few years. Her picture is with Biden's, who seems to be looking up at her and dreaming of rubbing her shoulders.

Ah yes, the Lou Reed ad. I figured, but wasn't sure.

The one they've been playing the past few years. Her picture is with Biden's, who seems to be looking up at her and dreaming of rubbing her shoulders.
He's just holding his head up high. :)

Betsy Johnson is a very famous fashion designer. An article about her was the lead story in the Style Section of the New York Times on Sunday. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/style/betsey-johnson-a-role-model-still.html?_r=0

She was a classmate of mine... and very active on campus. She was a cheerleader when cheerleading was VERY competitive .. and only four were selected each year.
Great article. I didn't realize how ingrained she was with all of the legends of the 60's. Must have been a wild time to come of age.

No, it's Betsey Johnson, some sort of fashion designer or something of that ilk. I guess they kind of look alike.

Thanks CPSUF. BTW. I watched the game from your back yard last night at BW3 in Clifton Park Centre.

LOL, she's a bit old now, but again for crazy uncle Joe (and I used to work with him), it doesn't matter. :)

She was a classmate of mine... and very active on campus. She was a cheerleader when cheerleading was VERY competitive .. and only four were selected each year.

And they didn't use microphones.