OT - SVP leaving ESPN Radio | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - SVP leaving ESPN Radio

Audio books.

I am bummed out by this. I live in Syracuse but I spend more time than I care to admit driving for work, and I have Sirius radio in my car. I have a hard time with mike and mike, cowherd I can stand, but SVP and rusillo I look forward to. like I said, I am in the car way too much. rusillo is just fine but SVP is legitimately a hilarious man. i wont be watching the show, but godspeed SVP

if you are in the car this afternoon and you are NOT listening to Mike Francesa WATCH the US Open...you are missing out on 1 of lifes great radio moments.

rumours are this could be the last time for that too...

What time does he go on?

What time does he go on?
1PM EST

it will go something like...

Mike: im here with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Roger, tell me about the Deflategate and Tom Brady...
Roger: well, Mike its a complicated situation but here goes...during the playoffs we...
Mike: excuse me, Roger...Mickelson just hit a 9footer down a hill for a birdie on 4, he moves to 3 under and a tie for 2nd. Roger...
Goodell: that was a nice put. the colts had been made aware that there was an issue with the footballs and..
Mike: excuse me, Roger...Woods is in the water on 15. hes not going to make the cut. Roger...
Goodell: tough one...

and so on...

1PM EST

Mike: im here with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Roger, tell me about the Deflategate and Tom Brady...
Roger: well, Mike its a complicated situation but here goes...during the playoffs we...
Mike: excuse me, Roger...Mickelson just hit a 9footer down a hill for a birdie on 4, he moves to 3 under and a tie for 2nd. Roger...
Goodell: that was a nice put. the colts had been made aware that there was an issue with the footballs and..
Mike: excuse me, Roger...Woods is in the water on 15. hes not going to make the cut. Roger...

and so on...

I just got excited.

1PM EST

and so on...
That guy is a national treasure.

mike-francesa-hit-in-the-face-by-super-bowl-seat-cushion.gif

mike-francesa-putting-on-ear-muffs.gif

mike-francesa-golf-rant.png

17ywehhbxod95gif.gif

I just got excited.
cant remember if it was ever linked here and my work computer blocks me from youtube, but watching 'Mike Zaun, 1776' should be something everyone does on this fine Friday afternoon right before the 4th...

hysterical.

Last edited:
if you are in the car this afternoon and you are NOT listening to Mike Francesa WATCH the US Open...you are missing out on 1 of lifes great radio moments.

rumours are this could be the last time for that too...

let's hope so.

Maryland students go nuts over Van Pelt - he walked by the student section at the SU/Maryland game last year and got a huge ovation.

There is a great audio recording somewhere out there of SVP drunkenly calling up some babe that he had met and leaving a voice mail. When you listen to it you are not sure whether to laugh or cry.

There is a great audio recording somewhere out there of SVP drunkenly calling up some babe that he had met and leaving a voice mail. When you listen to it you are not sure whether to laugh or cry.
It was forever ago and I think it's made him even more likeable. He's the man.

ESPN seems to be looking at Russillo as the younger, cooler, less controversial version of Simmons. He was on sportscenter all morning yesterday talking about the NBA draft. Out of all the talking heads at ESPN, he by far has the most NBA knowledge outside of any analyst.

He also knows more about the NBA than Simmons, who was more of a historian, and never paid enough attention to college hoops to know what to add to the Draft.

It's the official first day of The Russillo Show. I cannot wait for him and cowherd to do battle.

Anyone want to give me a synopsis of his last day on air? I missed it. And I'm not a podcast guy.

It was forever ago and I think it's made him even more likeable. He's the man.

Haha I generally like him but more likeable? "You hit most of my checkmarks" is up there in the pantheon of douchey comments imo. Was blown away when I heard about this a couple yrs ago. Of course there's lots of rumors of Tirico being worse in his youth but chicks didn't hit record then.

Haha I generally like him but more likeable? "You hit most of my checkmarks" is up there in the pantheon of douchey comments imo. Was blown away when I heard about this a couple yrs ago. Of course there's lots of rumors of Tirico being worse in his youth but chicks didn't hit record then.
Hahaha. I forgot about that line. That was pretty bad. I've heard such good things about him though since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom