OT - Syracuse Desktop Background | Syracusefan.com

OT - Syracuse Desktop Background

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Does anyone have a cool desktop background? I want to put one on my work computer, but every one I have found on the web frankly sucks (google search). We have some creative types here, so thought I'd see if anyone has one they'd be willing to share. Looking to fit resolution of 1920 x 1080. Lawrinson14 jekelish

A kicker for those that open... when searching the web I stumbled on this from 2014..
http://www.rankopedia.com/Greatest-College-Basketball-Venue/Step1/26039/.htm .. Sorry if already posted, but pretty cool to see what the country thinks of our venue from a basketball perspective.

image-3286732759.jpg

A kicker for those that open... when searching the web I stumbled on this from 2014..
http://www.rankopedia.com/Greatest-College-Basketball-Venue/Step1/26039/.htm .. Sorry if already posted, but pretty cool to see what the country thinks of our venue from a basketball perspective.

I'm a fan of any list that ranks the Dome #1, but I have to question the validity of this seeing that it has the MCI Center (which it hasn't been called since 2007) ahead of Allen Fieldhouse.

Much appreciated. Lot going on in that one. I live in VA, so was hoping someone might have a high def Dome background. I tried blowing up Dome photos I found online, but they get so grainy that my pompous self couldn't use them.

Much appreciated. Lot going on in that one. I live in VA, so was hoping someone might have a high def Dome background. I tried blowing up Dome photos I found online, but they get so grainy that my pompous self couldn't use them.
You're just looking for the Dome? Interior or exterior?

You can filter for pics larger than a certain size if you use Google Image's 'search tools' function. Not trying to insult anybody or anything, just not sure if you knew.

I'm a fan of any list that ranks the Dome #1, but I have to question the validity of this seeing that it has the MCI Center (which it hasn't been called since 2007) ahead of Allen Fieldhouse.
I've been to both the Verizon Center (live in DC) and Allen Fieldhouse. If the ranking is based on gameday atmosphere for a college game, Allen wins, but if we're rating the venue (with all else being equal), I would rate the Verizon Center above Allen without deliberation. Unless Cuse is in town though, the Verizon Center never seems to fill up for Georgetown games.

I wish though that more stadiums were designed like the Carrier Dome. The uppers may be a bit steep, but the proximity to the floor/field, of the fan experience, is probably the best of any venue I've ever visited. If/when SU builds a new venue, proximity of the stands to the field and the V-shape model is the one most important feature, to me, that they must maintain. New stadiums are nice, but for venues that support football and basketball, I feel like the U-Shape grossly diminishes the experience of the fan.

Nationals park has a steeper incline at the upper levels and it's probably the second best ballpark I've visited (I've visited 19 active baseball ballparks). My favorite park of all, AT&T Park, is even steeper.

You can filter for pics larger than a certain size if you use Google Image's 'search tools' function. Not trying to insult anybody or anything, just not sure if you knew.
L8z6Mtv.gif

I definitely did not know that. Thanks a million kind sir.

You're just looking for the Dome? Interior or exterior?
Open to both. Love exterior night time photo someone posted above (since it's for the computer desktop of course), but didn't know if our creative group had anything unique, or wanted to create anything.

upload_2015-7-16_13-58-3.png

I used this one for a while..until the NCAA cast a shadow over the JB win total.

Edit...I believe it's a Lawrinson creation.

Last edited:
Cusefannotindc said:
If you are up for a little nostalgia, this used to be mine back in the day
that's where the "pace" in my nickname comes from. The glue guy!

bevosu said:
I used this one for a while..until the NCAA cast a shadow over the JB win total. Edit...I believe it's a Lawrinson creation.
Ok that's the greatest thing ever. I'd love a less sport specific one without boeheim and the 900.

I'm not all that good in Photoshop, but I like to mess around and make my own backgrounds, so I made this one:

juuv43.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/juuv43/8

As you might be able to tell, it's simply my avatar with CJ taken out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom