OT: Ten worst places to live in NYS | Syracusefan.com

OT: Ten worst places to live in NYS

Hmmm...I was born and raised in the suburbs of Utica. I now live near Albany. I can't argue with Utica being on there, but I am shocked that Rome isn't on there. Has it improved?

There's no defending Elmira and I'm shocked it's not higher on the list. Driving in to go to Elbow Room, Moretti's, or Bernie Murray's is about all it's good for.

Had a lot of family/spent a decent amount of time in Gloversville, Johnstown, and Herkimer. Not surprised to see any of the three on there. The people I do know there are some of the best people I've met in my life though.

I have friends and acquaintances from Herkimer, Gloversville, Oneida, Elmira and Johnstown. None of them live in those communities anymore. There is a reason. I am surprised at how high Newburgh is rated and the fact that Troy is not in the Top 50 has me scratching my head.

I have friends and acquaintances from Herkimer, Gloversville, Oneida, Elmira and Johnstown. None of them live in those communities anymore. There is a reason. I am surprised at how high Newburgh is rated and the fact that Troy is not in the Top 50 has me scratching my head.
Troy is on the rebound. Lots of new developing going on.

Anyone here want to defend Utica or Watertown? How about Elmira or Niagara Falls?
http://www.roadsnacks.net/worst-places-to-live-in-new-york-state/

All you need to know about this article is that the writer's best place to live are all on Long Island! If there is one place I never wanted to live it was Long Island.

"If you’re curious enough, here are the best places to live in New York, according to science.
  1. Malverne (Pop. 8,522)
  2. Plainview (Pop. 25,996)
  3. Merrick (Pop. 21,222)
  4. Woodmere (Pop. 17,215)
  5. Syosset (Pop. 18,961)"

There's no defending Elmira and I'm shocked it's not higher on the list. Driving in to go to Elbow Room, Moretti's, or Bernie Murray's is about all it's good for.

Total hole, agree 100% and you ain't getting me to drive in to frequent any of those dumps. Hate Elmira with a passion.

All you need to know about this article is that the writer's best place to live are all on Long Island! If there is one place I never wanted to live it was Long Island.

"If you’re curious enough, here are the best places to live in New York, according to science.
  1. Malverne (Pop. 8,522)
  2. Plainview (Pop. 25,996)
  3. Merrick (Pop. 21,222)
  4. Woodmere (Pop. 17,215)
  5. Syosset (Pop. 18,961)"
Long Island should be included as a whole with the worst with the mere fact that getting in and out of there is miserable. Queue up on the Throgs Neck or the Whitestone Bridge to hurry up and wait on the Cross Bronx Expy or 495. No thanks

Long Island should be included as a whole with the worst with the mere fact that getting in and out of there is miserable. Queue up on the Throgs Neck or the Whitestone Bridge to hurry up and wait on the Cross Bronx Expy or 495. No thanks
Not sure which is a worse driving experience - that - or anywhere in northern Jersey.

Hmmm...I was born and raised in the suburbs of Utica. I now live near Albany. I can't argue with Utica being on there, but I am shocked that Rome isn't on there. Has it improved?
No Rome to me got worse once they closed Griffiss AFB. So many places closed down and other places went down the tubes. It's too bad politics played a role in closing of the base and it should have stayed open. They have down some nice things with the base but overall Rome will never be the same again.

How did Oswego not make the list?

Rome is getting a computer chip plant that will dwarf the one in Malta......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom