OT: The dreaded letter ... | Syracusefan.com

OT: The dreaded letter ...

jdubs30

Living Legend
So my buddy has been engaged for about a year and they finally set a date. He asked me if I'd be in the wedding, and I said sure, I can't turn down a chance to go back to Cincinnati (where I went to school), so I got my official "Groomsman" invite in the mail today. I texted my buddy and said I'm in.

"When's the wedding?"

"April 1st, 2017"

upload_2016-7-25_18-39-24.png

jdubs30 said:
So my buddy has been engaged for about a year and they finally set a date. He asked me if I'd be in the wedding, and I said sure, I can't turn down a chance to go back to Cincinnati (where I went to school), so I got my official "Groomsman" invite in the mail today. I texted my buddy and said I'm in. "When's the wedding?" "April 1st, 2017"

You're good, the game's not until Monday.

The son of my best friend scheduled his wedding for 3/31/12. When I go the "save the date" card in October 2011, I told them it was the weekend of the Final Four ... and I expected to be in New Orleans. Sadly, Fab Melo got himself ineligible (among other things), and we lost to OSU on 3/24/12 in the Elite 8. I wound up going to the wedding, but I spent the entire weekend wishing I (and SU) were in New Orleans. Some people just don't understand scheduling.

So my buddy has been engaged for about a year and they finally set a date. He asked me if I'd be in the wedding, and I said sure, I can't turn down a chance to go back to Cincinnati (where I went to school), so I got my official "Groomsman" invite in the mail today. I texted my buddy and said I'm in.

"When's the wedding?"

"April 1st, 2017"

View attachment 70997

Forget the wedding. Bachelor party in Vegas!!! I live for those. My friends nowadays are too busy getting divorced. There needs to be an end of marriage ritual for when someone becomes a bachelor again.

The son of my best friend scheduled his wedding for 3/31/12. When I go the "save the date" card in October 2011, I told them it was the weekend of the Final Four ... and I expected to be in New Orleans. Sadly, Fab Melo got himself ineligible (among other things), and we lost to OSU on 3/24/12 in the Elite 8. I wound up going to the wedding, but I spent the entire weekend wishing I (and SU) were in New Orleans. Some people just don't understand scheduling.

Oof, I spent the weekend of the 31st trying to pretend that college basketball didn't exist. Out of all our season-enders, that drive back from Boston was the all-time worst.

"When's the wedding?"

"April 1st, 2017"

View attachment 70997

There's an easy solution here. Pay an unannounced visit to the girl, sleep with her, say to your friend that you're overcome with guilt and have to tell him about the affair, wedding called off and you're free for the Final Four. It's so simple I'm surprised it hasn't been suggested yet.

You're good, the game's not until Monday.
The semi's are on the 1st. Could be the 2nd best game of the year. Ok maybe not the 2nd, but just behind the games against Duke, Louie, UNC, Pitt.
Popcorn

Don't worry. We will hold down the fort here in AZ for the semis, and you will fly in for the finals. This is happening this year. I expect to have our 2nd National Championship in my new home town and to be there. Simple as that.

anyone who gets married anytime other than May thru August should be required to elope.

April 15th here. And no, it had nothing to do with me being a CPA. :D

A friend of my wife had her wedding on freakin' Halloween, which fell on a Saturday. And didn't even have a themed wedding.

What about the parents that have kids that want to go trick or treating?
The young people that want to go out to bars or parties?
Me and everyone else who wants to watch football?

Selfish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom