OT: The NBA Draft Lottery is a Joke | Syracusefan.com

OT: The NBA Draft Lottery is a Joke

Blame Langston Galloway for beating the Hawks in the 2nd to last game of the season. That win put the Knics 2nd in ping pong balls.
Also, this was the first lottery since 2004 the worst team got the first pick and no real changes except the Lakers went from 4th to 2nd and Knicks went from 2nd to 4th.

The two most disappointed people in the room were Towns and Okafor. Neither looked too excited about going to Minnesota. The only thing they may have g0ing for them is that Minnesota might be screw up again and take someone ranked lower in the draft. Philly won't take a Big, but neither big will still be there at #4 for the Knicks. Philly will take Russell. I think the Knicks will trade down.

The two most disappointed people in the room were Towns and Okafor. Neither looked too excited about going to Minnesota. The only thing they may have g0ing for them is that Minnesota might be screw up again and take someone ranked lower in the draft. Philly won't take a Big, but neither big will still be there at #4 for the Knicks. Philly will take Russell. I think the Knicks will trade down.
Okafor was SO depressed. It was hilarious like when Zach LaVine got drafted by Minnesota. It was good. Okafor or Towns will go 2nd to LA its the ultimate Russian roulette LA or Minnesota.

BrGR1OwCcAAn7xw.jpg

Would the Lakers take Okafor? Seems like they'd be weak know defensively with Okafor and Randle up front

I think it goes
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Winslow

The Knicks won't go for Rondo now we can put him in LA with #2 pick and Jimmy Butler unless CHI matches.

I think it goes
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Winslow

The Knicks won't go for Rondo now we can put him in LA with #2 pick and Jimmy Butler unless CHI matches.

Chicago's matching any Butler offer. I think Towns goes first because Minny has Pekovic/Dieng and Towns could play some 4. That puts Okafor in LA (and Rondo probably ends up there). Big question for Knicks is will they take Mudiay or try and trade the 4th pick for Boogie maybe?

Chicago's matching any Butler offer. I think Towns goes first because Minny has Pekovic/Dieng and Towns could play some 4. That puts Okafor in LA (and Rondo probably ends up there). Big question for Knicks is will they take Mudiay or try and trade the 4th pick for Boogie maybe?
Chad Ford said the T-Wolves prefer Okafor over Towns. I would take Towns just because I think he can defend right away and can improve offensively. Okafor isn't as athletic as Towns and is better offensively, but NBA teams want defense.

Knicks need more than the 4th pick for Boogie.

Knicks take Winslow. Carmelo and him are already tight.

Thanks NBA for screwing us again.

They've screwed themselves with stupid decisions numerous times. No need to look for someone else to blame. They have the opportunity to get a great player at #4, just like they should've at #2 or #3. Get it right, make good moves, and stop crying!

The only thing I'm disappointed about as a Knicks fan is no Towns. Okafor is very good, but his defense and passing can be shaky and he can't hit free throws.

I would stay at 4. PG is a huge need and drafting a big, athletic guard like Mudiay or Russell could work out very well. I'd prefer them over Winslow

I think it'll be probably be Mudiay now for the Knicks. What's interesting is that when I started this draft thread (below) in late March, Moqui was adamant back then that the Knicks take Mudiay -- with the #1 pick!! Take a gander at this, he mentions the Mudiay choice in a couple different posts within the thread. So now I'm hoping he proves to be spot on!!! (Moqui, if you read this post, please give us some more insight on what you know and have heard---make us Knick fans feel a little better...)

http://syracusefan.com/threads/ot-i...ou-go-towns-or-okafor-now.89370/#post-1354509

I just saw the Knicks owe their first round pick next year to Denver. Jeez, I can't see them as anything more than a .500 team next year if they add Monroe and Mudiay.
Phil Jackson has to be in this for the long haul.

So the Timberwolves will have the last three #1 overall picks on their roster?

If Towns goes 1 and the Lakers take Russell 2nd. The Knicks would get Okafor at 4 as Philly would take Mudiay.

The T-Wolves can have the #1 pick, but they'll still suck.

I think they will be well positioned this time. They made some horrible picks in the Kahn years, and they got flat out unlucky to have high picks in weak drafts a few other times.

Either Towns or Okafor to go with Wiggins and Lavine is a very talented young core. For the first time since Garnett started coming into his own, their future looks bright in my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom