OT: The NBA Draft Lottery is a Joke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: The NBA Draft Lottery is a Joke

Hmmm--not sure I see that comparison. I think Winslow has what will round into an NBA small forward's game, and can shoot. But I don't think he is anywhere in the same ball park as a ball handler like Grant Hill was.
I get the sense we've just seen the beginning of Winslow's game.
Taking nothing away from the other 4 guys in the "top 5," he could go on to be the biggest star of all.
If he's available the Knicks should grab him.

Feel free to find this post 5 years from now and hold me accountable.

I get the sense we've just seen the beginning of Winslow's game.
Taking nothing away from the other 4 guys in the "top 5," he could go on to be the biggest star of all.
If he's available the Knicks should grab him.

Feel free to find this post 5 years from now and hold me accountable.
I'm not suggesting that Winslow isn't gifted offensively. But Grant Hill was tremendously versatile. He was a Scottie Pippen type point forward.

I don't see anything in Winslow's game that suggests point forward. He seems closer to Carmelo than Pippen in terms of game. Again, not knocking him at all -- ju st don't see the Grant Hill ball handling forward comparison in any way, shape, or form. Well, I guess they both went to duke--but beyond that, no.

And nobody would watch Atlanta vs Golden State finals. God forbid.

Yeah people r running to there TV'S to watch Al Hoford.

Best can hope for is actually Houston (not Golden State) vs Cleveland.
How on earth can you suggest that NOT having Golden State in general, and Steph Curry in particular, in the Finals would be a good thing?

Agreed with RF on Winslow. As for the knicks.. i hate that 4 spot in the draft unless someone ahead of you really messes up. Knicks need a lot of pieces be it through manuevering in the draft or free agency. I doubt i would be going out on a limb to say that besides melo and fisher , every single other guy on that bench is fair game to not be there next year. Phil got a look at guys like galloway who could be bench pieces and role guys but otherwise who knows. Sure mudiay could be a good get but at this juncture again it is hard to point at this pick beyond it adds to the challenge of this off season for phil.

I didn't really see anything in Winslow's game that would indicate he has the passing ability of Hill. He can put the ball on the floor but not sure how much he is gonna create for others. Of course before he got hurt Grant Hill was probably going to be one of the 15 best players of all time, so it's no knock on Winslow.

When I watched Justice Winslow I saw a Grant Hill like game. Athletic forward who defended decent and could drive the ball.
Winslow would be intriguing but with Melo on the team it would move Melo to PF spot which is only good against smaller teams.

I think Melo needs to spend most of his time at the 4, especially as he ages.

I didn't really see anything in Winslow's game that would indicate he has the passing ability of Hill. He can put the ball on the floor but not sure how much he is gonna create for others. Of course before he got hurt Grant Hill was probably going to be one of the 15 best players of all time, so it's no knock on Winslow.

I think Melo needs to spend most of his time at the 4, especially as he ages.

Winslow is 6'4 1/2".

I like Winslow, but at that height, you better be developing into a top five perimeter defender in the league and hitting a high percentage of your three point shots.

Winslow is 6'4 1/2".

I like Winslow, but at that height, you better be developing into a top five perimeter defender in the league and hitting a high percentage of your three point shots.

Didn't realize he was that short, my Melo point was more of a general one anyway. But agreed, that's the size of a 2 guard, not a 3.

Didn't realize he was that short, my Melo point was more of a general one anyway. But agreed, that's the size of a 2 guard, not a 3.

I had no idea, either, until the combine.

To be fair, his listed/playing height will probably be about 6'6".

Regardless, I'm just not a big fan of his game translating to the NBA. I certainly don't see any comparison to James Harden that some of the ESPN people have brought up. I think he'd be a great fit for the Kings though. They need a culture changer there and Winslow can be that. Hezonja might be good there as well.

To be fair, his listed/playing height will probably be about 6'6".

Regardless, I'm just not a big fan of his game translating to the NBA. I certainly don't see any comparison to James Harden that some of the ESPN people have brought up. I think he'd be a great fit for the Kings though. They need a culture changer there and Winslow can be that. Hezonja might be good there as well.

He's left handed!!
Russell should be the one getting the Harden comps.

He's left handed!!
Russell should be the one getting the Harden comps.

I think it's just that he's a lefty and he uses the euro-step a lot lol.

But yeah, I agree that Russell is much more like Harden; Russell reminds me a bit of Brandon Roy too.

I think it's just that he's a lefty and he uses the euro-step a lot lol.

But yeah, I agree that Russell is much more like Harden; Russell reminds me a bit of Brandon Roy too.

I really like Russell's playmaking skills. He had a higher assist rate and lower turnover rate than Harden did in his soph year at ASU. Since I like him so much, he probably goes to Philly at #3.

Count me on the Russell/Mudiay train, but Justise Winslow is a fierce competitor and should be given a good long look by the Knicks. He may be listed at 6'6 but plays like he's 6'9 and has a rare ability to take over games just when his team needs it. Regardless of where everyone ends up, I will be rooting for Winslow as there are few players with more heart and passion for the game.

The T-Woves are one of the stupidest worse run franchises. Hey maybe they'll take CMac.

For a stupid franchise (and I don't disagree), they've done a really nice job accumulating assets recently. Rubio, Wiggins, Towns/Okafor, LaVine, Bennett (I'm not ready to count him out quite yet), Dieng... they've got a pretty nice collection of talent.

Random thought, but am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of referring to the employees of a predominately African American organization as "assets?"

For a stupid franchise (and I don't disagree), they've done a really nice job accumulating assets recently. Rubio, Wiggins, Towns/Okafor, LaVine, Bennett (I'm not ready to count him out quite yet), Dieng... they've got a pretty nice collection of talent.
and yet they still might be back in the lottery - they have a lot of young talent, Utah has a lot of young talent, OKC will be a force if they can stay healthy, the Lakers might be competitive again, Phoenix has a system: The West is going to be a minefield again. There will be at least 12 playoff-caliber rosters fighting for 8 spots (maybe scratch one if LMA leaves Portland)

Random thought, but am I the only one uncomfortable with the idea of referring to the employees of a predominately African American organization as "assets?"
not me; not when those assets are collecting over $2 billion in wages annually, when the average salary is over $5M and when the rookie minimum is nearly 7x the average annual American earnings and the veterans minimum is over 10x that average

not me; not when those assets are collecting over $2 billion in wages annually, when the average salary is over $5M and when the rookie minimum is nearly 7x the average annual American earnings and the veterans minimum is over 10x that average

Ok. Just checking

Does anyone other than Larry Brown have any idea what Mudiay is? It's basically drafting a high school kid. Overall track record on HS kids isn't good despite some obvious big names.

I'm willing to bet that the HS track record is far better than the 4th year senior track record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom