(OT) Tomorrow I leave to dive in Indonesia! | Syracusefan.com

(OT) Tomorrow I leave to dive in Indonesia!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Dear Pals, Buddies, and BFF's, I have been waiting to take this trip for a year and a half and now it is finally upon me. I will be diving at two different resorts and it will take us 2 days to get there and 2 days to return. But oh, the sights I will see! Put on your sunglasses and take a look at these Mandarin fish:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

We will be diving at dusk to watch them mate. Okay, so it's creepy, but apparently spectacular as well!

If I am lucky, I will see 24 feet manta rays in the Lembah Straits:

309869_giantmantaray_katfisher_620x411-1.jpg

But I will also see teeny tiny creatures, like this whatchamacallit:

th

I feel quite smug about the timing of this adventure, because when I get back Oct. 19, I will not have missed a single home football game, and BASKETBALL will be just around the corner! What a way to while away the time while waiting for my favorite thing to begin.

Fare thee well, and root root root for our Orange while I am gone!

<glub glub> Beadle

But I will also see teeny tiny creatures, like this whatchamacallit:

th
Looks like a mantis shrimp. They pummel prey with their front legs - "punching" with the force of a 22 caliber bullet. They actually create cavitation bubbles - it's insane.

Looks like a mantis shrimp. They pummel prey with their front legs - "punching" with the force of a 22 caliber bullet. They actually create cavitation bubbles - it's insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom