OT: USA USA! Big Soccer Win! | Syracusefan.com

OT: USA USA! Big Soccer Win!

Timonen

All Conference
the good guys pull out a come from behind 4-3 stunner against the #13 team in the world on the road. hat trick for jozy!

i'm really trying to stay level headed about their recent success but good god. really good times!

You think it's Klinsmann's influence?
When they run, the offense is potent. I think that's his tactical switch. That was definitely the diff today between first half (0 goals) and second (4 goals). First half felt slow. Almost like they were posting up around the box. Second half was long passes and extra attackers.

He's obviously making great personnel choices, too. Will be interesting to see how he manages Landon/Clint/Jozy at the same time.

Oh, and look out for the kid from Iceland who made his debut today. Wow! Dunno if he can finish but fantastic creator, particularly for his first time out there.

I really like the style of play! They push forward and have nice spacing! Under Bradley, I feel like they weren't as aggressive and once they scored they would go into a shell. This team just pushes forward and keeps on the pressure.

I like that they won without Donovan or Dempsey. One of Klinnsman's best traits is his willingness to throw new players into the mix, make it competitive, and let his players go forth and be creative. He is a great manager of personnel, that shows immediately, and like any great manager he is also going to build redundancy in the organization for future teams to carry forward his advances. We may never be the best in the world but we will make the most of what we have.

One thing I forgot to add is that I think Klinsmann has a great reputation in Europe and has been doing a great job at recruiting the European players with dual citizenship. We have a bunch of solid players that are home grown but the training the players get overseas is just so much more superior than what it is here in the states. Most Kids want to be soccer players and are put into academy's at a very young age once they show some ability and their only focus is soccer! Kids in the US want to be football, basketball, and baseball players first and then soccer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom