OT: Water main break floods UCLA campus... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Water main break floods UCLA campus...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 20m
Pauley Pavilion was renovated a couple years ago. Look at it right now. Court likely ruined.

BtwJk2cCAAELCEw.jpg

Wow. Pauley Pavillion recently underwent a $136 million renovation. And now it's under water!

The volume and extent of that flooding is unbelievable. That will even become a health hazard before they can clean up all that. Will someone's insurance cover all that damage?

That is a one big main there under I bet you well over a 100 psi. Unless that is a mechanical joint that went they will be having a lot more problems in the near future as they don't deal with the frost heaving the ground. Them pipes are rotten

The volume and extent of that flooding is unbelievable. That will even become a health hazard before they can clean up all that. Will someone's insurance cover all that damage?

I think the city gets a free pass here, it falls on the owners to have that type of coverage

do they have any point guards who might want to transfer?

Reported flow rate in the ruptured pipe was 75,000 gallons per minute. Reported spillage was 9,000,000 gallons. That means it took somebody a minimum of 2 hours and probably more like 4 hours to close a valve. Not exactly great performance for some civil servants who will be collecting 6 figure pensions for the next 40 years. On the plus side, California has infinite tax money to pay for fixes.

Reported flow rate in the ruptured pipe was 75,000 gallons per minute. Reported spillage was 9,000,000 gallons. That means it took somebody a minimum of 2 hours and probably more like 4 hours to close a valve. Not exactly great performance for some civil servants who will be collecting 6 figure pensions for the next 40 years. On the plus side, California has infinite tax money to pay for fixes.

I have closed a few in my time and these valves have some of finest threads imaginable....talk about long winded. I hated doing them and the ones I did were on smaller mains

what sucks about sunset blvd. is it looks like the line is running down the center of the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom