OT: What is it about twins here? | Syracusefan.com

OT: What is it about twins here?

cto

Administrator
Shortly after this board started, VivaPeru (a great early poster here who seems to have disappeared from the board) became the father of twins...joining Orange79 who already had twins. They were shortly followed by MadNY3 and Suttree, who both became the father of twins. Then came Ragman... who became the father of TWO sets of twins. And, of course, Jim and Juli Boeheim also have twins. Any other parents of twins here?

Last edited:
I had twins once but I don't think that is what you are talking about.
t45fo.gif

Among the many questions we received, and I'm sure Ragman, MAD, and the others can attest to this - people feel totally free to approach you and ask anything (Are you breast-feeding them - how do you DO that? Do twins run in your family? etc.), was "Two at once? How do you do it?" Our answer was always, "They're our first (and second) - we don't know anything different." One at a time would seem like a breeze. :cool:

I am the father of twins, one boy one girl. Best question I ever got was from a co-worker right after they were born. "They are boy - girl, are they identical?"
Did you shame that co-worker? I should hope you were quick enough to humiliate him/her. I am heartless today, sorry.

Mah wahf...fraternal twins, her and her sister look nothing alike.

Mah wahf...fraternal twins, her and her sister look nothing alike.
Speaking of twins who look alike... TOL22 and her twin Linda still look amazingly identical. Lots of twins look alike when they are little... but TOL and her twin are, I would guess, in their late 40's. I will admit it; if I see just one of them, I am not sure who it is.

Speaking of twins who look alike... TOL22 and her twin Linda still look amazingly identical. Lots of twins look alike when they are little... but TOL and her twin are, I would guess, in their late 40's. I will admit it; if I see just one of them, I am not sure who it is.
So true

Shortly after this board started, VivaPeru (a great early poster here who seems to have disappeared from the board) became the father of twins...joining Orange79 who already had twins. They were shortly followed by MadNY3 and Suttree, who both became the father of twins. Then came Ragman... who became the father of TWO sets of twins. And, of course, Jim and Juli Boeheim also have twins. Any other parents of twins here?

Good God--this is the first I recall hearing about *two* sets of twins for Ragman. I will shut up now with any complaints about having twin 7 y.o. girls. Just like I shut my piehole when I see or even hear about people with triplets, let alone more than that.

Since they weren't at all on the same schedule early on, one of the best decisions we made at the start was to hire a night nanny for a few months. She would show up at 10pm and stay in the room with the girls until 6am, handling overnight feeding (with pre-pumped supply), diapers, etc. It was expensive, but it was like purchasing sanity.

Right now is the golden age. At 7, the girls still look to me as the fun dad--the guy who knows everything, tells good jokes, fixes stuff instantly, and generally does much more good than bad. Currently in second grade, they still hold my hand on the walk into the school building, and they don't run away when I ask for a hug and kiss before the morning bell. I recognize my days of being relevant and revered are numbered, and that when this age passes, it won't be back for at least another ten years, if not more. So I'm squeezing this time for all the juice it's got to offer.

I had the girls in Syracuse during the week between Christmas and New Year's last season and planned on taking them to the Dome for their first live game ever. True to her profoundly generous nature, Joyce offered me her Spike Lee seat, but I gratefully declined because I'd gotten my sister and cousins to agree to head up with all the kids as a big group for the Villanova game. Yes, the #2 vs. #8 showdown that we won by 16 after a huge 25-7 deficit in the first several minutes. Then it all came crashing down as everyone else decided it would be too much of a hassle to head on up there. To say I was pi$$ed would be the understatement of the year. (But thanks again, Joyce.) I did get them to the Varsity, Twin Trees, Carmelcorn, Wegman's, and DiLauro's that weekend, so the trip wasn't a complete loss. I am committed to getting the girls to the Dome sometime in the next two seasons. The Fine Lot will be a heap of rubble when we are done with the tailgating experience.

I actually don't mind total strangers cooing about our girls and asking questions about twins--and I've never really looked at the situation as any special kind of burden. The fact is that, with two kids who have always been within a week or two of each other developmentally, each one has a built-in friend and playmate who's interested in a lot of the same things. Yes, they compete like hell with one another a lot of the time, leaving me to serve as mediator/arbitrator, but it's not like having two kids that are three years apart and therefore present totally different needs. Happy, healthy, smart, and engaging twin girls? Sign me up. This glass is way more than half full. At least until adolescence and--ugh--dating. God help those goofy, incompetent b*stards who try to woo my daughters. Evil Suttree is lurking. And waiting to strike. Ezekiel 25:17.

4817597_std.jpg

Last edited:
5 yr old (almost 6) boy girl twins here.

Their first Dome experience was SU v. UCONN in 2010. The kids were just over 2 and we made it to halftime. My uncle had given me his tickets behind the SU bench and when Dan Conley saw the kids standing at the guard rail on the 50 yd line he gave both of them some white and orange sweat bands.

Holy cow, had to dig through the archives to find the photo.

Attachments

• SUUCONN.jpg
    SUUCONN.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 127
Two year old twins ( boy and girl) for me. We're bringing them to the Central Michigan game this weekend, it could be a train wreck but didn't want to miss the TexanMark tailgate.

Ragman, I had no idea you had a 2nd set of twins- holy cow!!

not twins but I have triplets

Speaking of twins who look alike... TOL22 and her twin Linda still look amazingly identical. Lots of twins look alike when they are little... but TOL and her twin are, I would guess, in their late 20's. I will admit it; if I see just one of them, I am not sure who it is.

I fixed it for you, Joyce. Totally understand the error- you were probably thinking of yourself when you wrote the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom