OT- What Syracuse alum has the most NBA rings | Syracusefan.com

OT- What Syracuse alum has the most NBA rings

Alsacs

Living Legend
I met this person last night at the Hornets-Heat game. It is not somebody obvious either. I will give a hint the guy is somebody who never played with or for Jim Boeheim.

Nice guy by the way.

Not Bill Gabor and just a hint they didn't necessarily get their rings as a player. This person had enough rings for more than 1 hand.

Correct Frank Hamblen played at Syracuse from 1966 till 1969 and won 7 NBA titles as an assistant coach for Phil Jackson.
1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.

Cool dude and was nice only reason I met him was I wearing a Syracuse hat and he told me who he was.

I met this person last night at the Hornets-Heat game. It is not somebody obvious either. I will give a hint the guy is somebody who never played with or for Jim Boeheim.

Nice guy by the way.
So Hamblen is the nice guy or Boeheim?

Correct Frank Hamblen played at Syracuse from 1966 till 1969 and won 7 NBA titles as an assistant coach for Phil Jackson.
1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010.

Cool dude and was nice only reason I met him was I wearing a Syracuse hat and he told me who he was.

I first learned of him when he was interim Lakers coach. He seemed better suited as a top assistant to game plan opponents, but what a career. He has coached a long list of legends and been involved in some historic games/series. Nice to hear how personable he is too.

So Hamblen is the nice guy or Boeheim?
Boeheim's a celebrity he is used to fans attention. I am sure he gets annoyed at times the only times I met JB he was cordial and nice.
Hamblen was a nice guy at the Miami arena to me. He obviously follows SU hoops as he referenced my hat. I figure he is scouting for somebody or just lives in South Beach an wanted to see an NBA playoff game.

Maybe Hamblin can take over after Boeheim leaves and Hop gets run out of town after losing 5 games...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom