OT: when did laphonso ellis become a complete tool | Syracusefan.com

OT: when did laphonso ellis become a complete tool

orangehomer

All American
holy crap, i had to be out of town for work tonight but that broadcast...wow laphonso can you tell me some more about how great fsu freshmen are? or about how bad their defense sucks today? total one-sided broadcast. dude used to be good, what happened?

tumblr_nr47a0lKdc1qgjeodo1_400.gif

Lol. He was fine. All these ESPN B guys are the same. Generalizations galore. He was quite complimentary all game but then your namesake says it all.

I agree. I don't think Ellis is bad at all. I actually think he knows his stuff, and was quite complimentary to us during our game tonight [deservedly so]. To each their own.

wow. i got a completely different impression. He was VERY complimentary of Syracuse and anyone who thinks FSU's defense tonight was anything but crap is deluding themselves.

Orangehomer.

holy crap, i had to be out of town for work tonight but that broadcast...wow laphonso can you tell me some more about how great fsu freshmen are? or about how bad their defense sucks today? total one-sided broadcast. dude used to be good, what happened?
We've has him for FSU and Notre Dame. I don't care what he says, give me more of that!

I thought he was fine. I particularly noticed he gave us the benefit of the doubt on at least two charging calls that I think were good calls, but could have easily gone the other way.

Ehh, he repeats the same things quite often and can get on a roll in one teams direction but I haven't ever felt he was anything except fair and complimentary when he has done SU games. I'm not sure what else there was to talk about in that second half other than FSU's horrible help defense and rotation. He made a point a couple times to compliment are extra passing and ball movement but FSU never adjusted their D and we basically got whatever we wanted as long as we drove the ball or moved it efficiently with the pass. The story of that game was how easily we got open jumpers and high percentage shots around the basket when ever we wanted to because the defense was incapable of recovering after the first rotation.

I consider it a good thing when I don't notice a broadcaster, and I rarely ever notice Ellis when watching a game he is working.

Yeah, I think overall he was fine with the exception of his love for Texas.

He was talking about Texas a bit too much for sure. But, I do agree with him. They are a serious team under the radar team that could do big damage. Size, athletes, and a GREAT PG. Shaka with Barnes' recruits is a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom