OT: When you say bad things on air... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: When you say bad things on air...

For all you young ones... who don't know "Alice's Restaurant," this is of what we have been speaking ... Alice and Obie and all of it. It was an anthem of the anti-war movement of the 1960's. Songs actually had lyrics and tunes back then.

have you heard this dubstep crap?

Wow... the censor thing here ... got rid of five of them... Here is what they are ... sort of... piss, shxt, fuxk, cxnt, coxksuxker, motherfuxker, and tits.
God...I love it when you talk dirty!!;)

David Ortiz dropped an f-bomb at Fenway this weekend. Head of the FCC thought it was awesome, though.

Not that I have an issue with him thinking it was awesome, but it certainly helps that the guy is from Brookline.

The flap over the kid at the North Dakota tv station who's been suspended for saying "fxxk" when he did not know he was on the air... reminds me of a story. In the 70s, when I was at Con Ed, we were under siege by local politicians and the NYC media. Andy Stein, the Manhattan borough president who had a single digit IQ but a rich father, was always issuing anti-Con Ed press releases. One day, a crew from Channel 5 shows up, ostensibly to interview me about another subject. While walking to my office, they bring up the latest Andy Stein statement. I casually reply, "Andy Stein is full of shxt." Well, the cameras were running (unknown to me), and the segment appeared on Channel 5 that night. I was sure I was going to be fired. Instead, when I walked into the management cafeteria the next day, everyone there got up and did a "Tough Tucker" cheer. (Joyce Tucker was my name at the time). One of the coolest moments of my career.
Good story.
But you overstate Andy Stein's IQ.
His hairpiece was smarter.
His dad, on the other hand, was a very sharp guy and quite an entrepreneur.

Reactions: cto
This is a sports announcer who can turn a phrase:

Dave Feherty - CBS GOLF ANNOUNCER
A few other choice Dave Feherty quotes are below. If you watch golf on TV, he's often an announcer with a distinct Northern Ireland accent and a colorful way of putting things, so to speak.
Feherty is a CBS and Golf Channel announcer who finds very unique, colorful and uninhibited ways of explaining or describing whatever is on his mind ... (he’s probably always on time delay these days).

In a world where originality is increasingly hard to come by, Dave Feherty has tapped a vein.-VBOF

The "seven dirty words" as spelled out by George Carline......

The seven dirty words (or "Filthy Words") are seven English-language words that American comedian George Carlin first listed in 1972 in his monologue "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television".[1] The words are , piss, , ,, , and tits.
At the time, the words were considered highly inappropriate and unsuitable for broadcast on the public airwaves in the United States, whether radio or television. As such, they were avoided in scripted material, and bleep censored in the rare cases in which they were used; broadcast standards differ in different parts of the world, then and now, although most of the words on Carlin's original list remain taboo on American broadcast television as of 2013. The list was not an official enumeration of forbidden words, but rather was compiled by Carlin. Nonetheless, a radio broadcast featuring these words led to a U.S. Supreme Court decision that helped establish the extent to which the federal government could regulate speech on broadcast

Did you realize that William Shakespeare was the George Carlin of his day? So many of the vulgarities of that age have changed that we don't even know what The Bard was talking about, but he was a bawdy sort and he pushed the envelope of decency at every turn.-VBOF

The flap over the kid at the North Dakota tv station who's been suspended for saying "fxxk" when he did not know he was on the air... reminds me of a story. In the 70s, when I was at Con Ed, we were under siege by local politicians and the NYC media. Andy Stein, the Manhattan borough president who had a single digit IQ but a rich father, was always issuing anti-Con Ed press releases. One day, a crew from Channel 5 shows up, ostensibly to interview me about another subject. While walking to my office, they bring up the latest Andy Stein statement. I casually reply, "Andy Stein is full of shxt." Well, the cameras were running (unknown to me), and the segment appeared on Channel 5 that night. I was sure I was going to be fired. Instead, when I walked into the management cafeteria the next day, everyone there got up and did a "Tough Tucker" cheer. (Joyce Tucker was my name at the time). One of the coolest moments of my career.
"Tough Tucker"...love it!:)

I've come to be convinced that a lot of the times when politicians are caught making a candid comment on a "hot microphone, it's intentional.
I'm reminded of a West Wing Episode where President Bartlett made an intentional slip after a TV interview, accusing his opponent of "having a 22 caliber brain in a 457 world" (a line later applied to W).

And he's out.

http://deadspin.com/that-north-dako...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Wow... the censor thing here ... got rid of five of them... Here is what they are ... sort of... piss, shxt, fuxk, cxnt, coxksuxker, motherfuxker, and tits.

Actually, it's probably time to update that list. I think they've let piss (or pissed) and tits through on TV recently, but in return, they seem to have gone and added a bunch of words to the list, words that really are not curse words.
For example, on the news the other day, they actually censored the work "scum" when reporting on the NY Assemblyman's tweet about torturing the Boston bombing suspect.
And apparently on TV and radio, you can say douche and bag, but not douchebag.
The language police seem to have gone insane.
They get all bent out of shape about what silly words go out over the airwaves, but don't seem to mind how much blood, gore, vomit, and violence is shown.