OT--Wooooooooooooo!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT--Wooooooooooooo!!!

This is complete nonsense. the Hulkster would have kicked his ass back in the day. Not to mention guys like Stone cold Steve Austin. Please. All he has is the wooo
The Hullkster was a terrible wrestler with very few moves.

My time frame for watching wrestling as a kid was during the attitude era, mostly between 98-03. My top favorites were:

Kane
Kurt Angle
Christian
Austin

Also loved the tag team division with dudleys, APA, hardys.

While that era was great, something about the 88-95 era was just special. Loved WWF back then, was just so over top.

I kinda hate now how good Benoit was because of what he ended up doing, but my god was he amazing...

There's a reason why so many wrestlers died young. It wasn't just steroids, although 'roids were part of it. Painkillers was another key component, and virtually all wrestlers had to take them (if you didn't wrestle, you didn't get paid). But the third element of the toxic mix, and the one that led to what Benoit did, is severe head trauma. Whether it was chair shots, wanton use of the head (Jimmy Snuka is an example of that), or just typical collisions in the ring during a long career, it's hard for wrestlers to avoid them. And, yes, it messed up many of their brains.

There's a reason why so many wrestlers died young. It wasn't just steroids, although 'roids were part of it. Painkillers was another key component, and virtually all wrestlers had to take them (if you didn't wrestle, you didn't get paid). But the third element of the toxic mix, and the one that led to what Benoit did, is severe head trauma. Whether it was chair shots, wanton use of the head (Jimmy Snuka is an example of that), or just typical collisions in the ring during a long career, it's hard for wrestlers to avoid them. And, yes, it messed up many of their brains.

If you go back and watch some of the matches, it's just ridiculous how many unprotected chair shots to the head people take. Or Benoit and the diving headbutt from the top rope.

If you go back and watch some of the matches, it's just ridiculous how many unprotected chair shots to the head people take. Or Benoit and the diving headbutt from the top rope.

Plenty of guys have used some sort of head butt, the difference between Benoit and them is Benoit actually let his head hit them. Guy was ruthless, and obviously had serious issues.

Love the "WE TOLD YOU SO"

Plenty of guys have used some sort of head butt, the difference between Benoit and them is Benoit actually let his head hit them. Guy was ruthless, and obviously had serious issues.

I'm not good at embedding gifs, but does anyone remember the royal rumble 2001 Benoit-Jericho match where Benoit dives through the ropes and Jericho just hits him in the head with a chair as hard as he can? My god.

Ric Flair and Roddy Piper had a fascinating episode of Wife Swap some years back.

Best Royal Rumble match ever. Heenan put on a show on commentary.
Bobby Heenan my god I feel so bad for that man. A man who made a living off being a fast talking, slick, funny talker hasn't spoken word in over 10 years due to jaw cancer. If you haven't seen a picture of him lately google it, but prepare yourself it isn't a pretty picture

Bobby Heenan my god I feel so bad for that man. A man who made a living off being a fast talking, slick, funny talker hasn't spoken word in over 10 years due to jaw cancer. If you haven't seen a picture of him lately google it, but prepare yourself it isn't a pretty picture

Yeah, I've seen. Very sad. He was awesome. My favorite wrestling commentator ever.

I clicked on this thread as it was in my 'alerts', read through the whole thing...and this is the ending and reason it's back active??!!

Talk about a buzz kill...

Wishing him all the best, have to wonder if steroids are a factor.

I clicked on this thread as it was in my 'alerts', read through the whole thing...and this is the ending and reason it's back active??!!

Talk about a buzz kill...

I just read back thru it too, had no idea I even participated. Then just googled a picture of Bobby the Brain Heenan. (don't do it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom