Other than HBO ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Other than HBO ...

OITNB has perhaps the most compelling set of characters on "TV". And House of Cards is also excellent.

Another very good episode for Leftovers. The episodes that focus on one character are the best, not surprising given Lindelof's pedigree. Best show on TV right now, ie currently airing new episodes.

Last night's episode was great. Nora is a fascinating character to me and I'm glad we finally got to know her.

NKR1978 said:
Last night's episode was great. Nora is a fascinating character to me and I'm glad we finally got to know her.
I can't decide if she is hot

I can't decide if she is hot

Hey guys, please don't give out any specific details on the shows. I'm on the last part of a 3 week trip and haven't seen an episode in that time.

Thanks!

OK so it's HBO but i just watched the first season of true detective on netflix past weekend. fantastic.

Hey guys, please don't give out any specific details on the shows. I'm on the last part of a 3 week trip and haven't seen an episode in that time.

Thanks!

As someone who had every major GoT plot point spoiled last season, I can sympathize but you forum browse at your own risk. Especially in threads with no spoiler bans.

As someone who had every major GoT plot point spoiled last season, I can sympathize but you forum browse at your own risk. Especially in threads with no spoiler bans.

No worries. We bailed on the show, so feel free. Just wasn't worth the time to try and catch up after my trips. DVR has been cleared.

Another great episode.

I don't really like what they're doing with Kevin - the blackouts seem cliche and an easy out. The ritualistic nature of the shirts and shoes and how they were placed lost me a bit. Still the scene with Patti was great. Nora confronting Laurie was awesome. Meg's cognitive dissonance in finding the way people react to them when they deliberately incite people seems honest.

Nora and Kevin's parallels are fascinating to me. Nora's family was taken from her in a way that doesn't allow for any closure, and she is finally at the point where she can move forward. Kevin's family has left him in a way that doesn't really allow for closure. They are both pretty awful but I think Kevin's situation is far worse. His family chose to leave him.

I agree, not feeling the Tyler Durden plot twist, but other than that, I really enjoyed it. It's far from perfect but it's my favorite show on TV at the moment. The score is great, I was not familiar with Max Richter beforehand.

I thought the last two episodes of The Leftovers were fantastic. Can't wait to see where the show is headed now that they are past the source material.

marco...polo ! yellow...fever!

i watched this netflix series in 2 sittings while home this weekend . not great but certainly better than anything on network. i would venture to guess that quite a bit of historic liberty was spent in crafting the plot but there's lots of nudity and lots of bloodshed. a good watch overall.

marco...polo ! yellow...fever!

i watched this netflix series in 2 sittings while home this weekend . not great but certainly better than anything on network. i would venture to guess that quite a bit of historic liberty was spent in crafting the plot but there's lots of nudity and lots of bloodshed. a good watch overall.

I finished it over the weekend. It took a few episodes to get going but I really enjoyed it. It is not on the level of a Game of Thrones but it was still quite entertaining.

i'll also second showtimes' PENNY DREADFUL. discs of season 1 are now on netflix. penny awesome.

i just watched the first season of BROAD CITY (just 2 discs). very funny show.

Vikings on amazon.com (via History Channel). Vikings is a fictionalized account of the Danish / Nordic raids into and eventual invasion of England in 760 - 800 something. England was broken into a number of smaller "kingdoms" like North Umbria and Wessex at the time. I'm early into Season 02 - it's been excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom