Ouch, LeBron, the Bulls hate when you do that | Syracusefan.com

Ouch, LeBron, the Bulls hate when you do that

Fireball Jr.

All American
But I like it.

Nice payback for Rose's winning shot at the buzzer the other night.

LeBron says Blatt originally wanted him to in-bound the ball, but LBJ said, how 'bout this coach, how 'bout having someone else in-bound the ball and get it to me. I like Blatt -- although he almost Chris Webbered the game away with 8 seconds ago by trying to call a time-out with none left -- but I'd say LeBron made a good call.

Fun series. Here's hoping it goes 7!
Great series, great playoffs. Love seeing the Cavs minus a key player, Love, and with Kyrie, Iman and, now, LeBron, hurting, tough it out in a must-win on the road and tie the series 2-2 headed back to Cleveland. JR had some huge shots, as he did Friday night. The conference finals may be less trying for whichever team survives this series.

BTW and fwiw, LeBron, who was blasted by the detractors a few seasons back for supposedly not being clutch and too quick to defer, now has three buzzer-beater playoff winning shots in his career, as many as Jordan ended up with.

Last edited:
Great series, great playoffs. Love seeing the Cavs minus a key player, Love, and with Kyrie, Iman and, now, LeBron, hurting, tough it out in a must-win on the road and tie the series 2-2 headed back to Cleveland. The conference finals may be less trying for whichever team survives this series.

BTW and fwiw, LeBron, who was blasted by the detractors a few seasons back for supposedly not being clutch and too quick to defer, now has three buzzer-beater playoff winning shots in his career, as many as Jordan ended up with.
Yea, Lebron is alright in my book. My only issue is the super teams he surrounds himself with but no doubt he's a Top 5, IMO 2nd greatest of my lifetime behind MJ.

Even without Love, Lebron has Kyrie and a top notch group of role players. As a Knick fan, made up of 3 former Knicks plus Thompson, Dellavedova and company.

...I will say Lebron helps make these role players better but JR wasn't hitting open shots like this when he played in pressure spots for NY. Guess Rihanna doesn't want to fly out to Cleveland to get yay'ed up and do some cardio.

Yea, Lebron is alright in my book. My only issue is the super teams he surrounds himself with but no doubt he's a Top 5, IMO 2nd greatest of my lifetime behind MJ.

Even without Love, Lebron has Kyrie and a top notch group of role players. As a Knick fan, made up of 3 former Knicks plus Thompson, Dellavedova and company.

...I will say Lebron helps make these role players better but JR wasn't hitting open shots like this when he played in pressure spots for NY. Guess Rihanna doesn't want to fly out to Cleveland to get yay'ed up and do some cardio.
Big fan of Tristan, he's a monster on the boards. And love Dellavedova, the classic over-achiever. Remember when Dion was on the team? Much love to the Knicks for Mr. Swish, Shumpert (who I can't stop calling Preston) and Mozgov.

The more I think about this, the weirder it is to me that Lebron felt it necessary to tell everyone he overruled Blatt on the play call. What's the purpose of that?

Ive always been a big Lebron supporter because his ability is historically good. However, this season, I can see why people have such strong disdain for him. Alot has to do with ESPN's obsession with the guy, starting with constant social media posts/discussion about him. Plus, he really does make strange comments. Dunleavy dove? Dude took your elbow right off his neck. That was actually a legit call.

The comments about Love earlier in the year, now telling how he overruled Blatt. All just unnecessary. Love watching him play because I love basketball, but I'm certainly seeing how and why many dislike him, warranted or not.

I also am rooting for Chicago as they deserve it.

The more I think about this, the weirder it is to me that Lebron felt it necessary to tell everyone he overruled Blatt on the play call. What's the purpose of that?

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are giving Blatt too much crap. Yes, he should have known they did not have a TO, but Bron in the corner for a contested three by Butler isn't a high percentage shot.

I assume they will fire Blatt after the season, elevate Lue and basically let Bron be GM/Coach/Team Captain.

I enjoy watching LeBron play, but his desire to run the Cavs is a bit perplexing.

It would've gotten out sooner or later -- LeBron can't pass gas without it being social media fodder du jour -- so maybe it was best for him to address it and move on. JR referred to Blatt's initial call to have LeBron inbound the ball after the game.

I'm a fan of Blatt, LeBron arguably maybe shouldn't have said it, but they're big boys, big whoop-de-doo. I'm sure Blatt's grateful for LBJ hitting the shot that tied the series at 2-2 and gave the Cavs the big mo headed home.

LeBron and Blatt were saying the right things today, including Blatt sharing his side of the story, which a good reporter would have gone after last night. http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cav...pts-some-criticism-calls-some-unfair-1.591055

Last edited:
Fireball Jr. said:
Great series, great playoffs. Love seeing the Cavs minus a key player, Love, and with Kyrie, Iman and, now, LeBron, hurting, tough it out in a must-win on the road and tie the series 2-2 headed back to Cleveland. JR had some huge shots, as he did Friday night. The conference finals may be less trying for whichever team survives this series. BTW and fwiw, LeBron, who was blasted by the detractors a few seasons back for supposedly not being clutch and too quick to defer, now has three buzzer-beater playoff winning shots in his career, as many as Jordan ended up with.

Don't make me break out the LBJ clutch stat analysis again. :). Longislandcuse can vouch for it though. ;).

44cuse

Nope, I've got one that is way more detailed than that. It's somewhere buried in the archives here here about 2 years back. Actually broke down and compared a couple different definitions of clutch and worked through the whole "Kobe is clutch" thing as well. We're agreeing though...which on this board if it involved LBJ, is amazing. Too many people don't understand the NBA. You don;t have to like LeBron, but as of two years ago we had people on here saying they would not take him 1st or even 2nd among ACTIVE players.

44cuse

Flagrant 2!?!? You have got to be *******kidding me!!!

I hate NBA officiating.

Gibson gets ejected for nothing because Dellavedova being a little mangina.

Flagrant 2!?!? You have got to be *******kidding me!!!

I hate NBA officiating.

Gibson gets ejected for nothing because Dellavedova being a little mangina.
Gibson should've gotten a flagrant 3. Love Dellavedova, classic over-achiever, seizing the moment.

I was yelling at JR, though, to get the hell outta that scrum. Made me nervous.

BTW, when did Marv Albert jump the shark, start making so many mistakes, rambling about some obscure '90s b.s. while ignoring a pretty good game going on in front of him? Maybe it's being paired with Webber. Bad, bad team.

Last edited:
That would've been a no call, play on, back when I was growing up watching the NBA. Im a huge basketball fan but this pu$$ification of the sport is starting to turn me off.

That would've been a no call, play on, back when I was growing up watching the NBA. Im a huge basketball fan but this pu$$ification of the sport is starting to turn me off.
Gibson first bowls over Dellavedova from behind for his 5th foul, not a smart move, then, in an even less-smart move, particularly with Gasol out, kicks the Aussie in the assie, or thereabouts, while he's an easy target on the floor. Kicking a guy, particularly a smaller guy, while's down, has never been cool, never been part of the game, not good, hard to defend.

Another good game, though. As a Cavs fan, I was thrilled to see Kyrie, playing on two bad wheels, play so well, do Kyrie things again. And how about that old man James? Not bad.

Now, as Bobby Kennedy would say, on to Chicago! (too soon?)

Last edited:
Gibson first bowls over Dellavedova from behind for his 5th foul, not a smart move, then, in an even less-smart move, particularly with Gasol out, kicks the Aussie in the assie, or thereabouts, while he's an easy target on the floor. Kicking a guy, particularly a smaller guy, while's down, has never been cool, never been part of the game, not good, hard to defend.

Another good game, though. As a Cavs fan, I was thrilled to see Kyrie, playing on two bad wheels, play so well, do Kyrie things again. And how about that old man James? Not bad.

Aw, come on Fireball. Don't do that. You were a Heat fan last season. Now you're a Cavs fan. Maybe you were a Cavs fan before and then switched when Lebron took his talents to South Beach. You're a Lebron fan. It's alright.

lol classic red and gold glasses. Just like the other thousands of people around me last night (I went to the game). As was quite obvious on replay, dellavedova locked his feet around Gibson's ankle. This is a fact and is clearly shown. And please.. Tell me with a straight face Gibson's contact from behind was overly excessive. Foul? For sure. But he's also a little bigger...just a little. Dellavedova is also an awful defender.

And all of this pales in comparison to the idiots chanting to eject "thug" Gibson...while JR Smith is on the court after blatantly cocking someone in the jaw. I don't care if he served a 2 game suspension. The irony is incredible.

This goes to game 7.

Gibson should've gotten a flagrant 3. Love Dellavedova, classic over-achiever, seizing the moment.

I was yelling at JR, though, to get the hell outta that scrum. Made me nervous.

BTW, when did Marv Albert jump the shark, start making so many mistakes, rambling about some obscure '90s b.s. while ignoring a pretty good game going on in front of him? Maybe it's being paired with Webber. Bad, bad team.

LOL SEIZING THE MOMENT

LOL SEIZING THE MOMENT
I meant to say, seize the opportunity, meaning, and I can do it without SHOUTING, here's a guy who is an overachiever seizing the opportunity to be an NBA player. Now, isn't that funny?

I meant to say, seize the opportunity, meaning, and I can do it without SHOUTING, here's a guy who is an overachiever seizing the opportunity to be an NBA player. Now, isn't that funny?

No response to my other post?

Aw, come on Fireball. Don't do that. You were a Heat fan last season. Now you're a Cavs fan. Maybe you were a Cavs fan before and then switched when Lebron took his talents to South Beach. You're a Lebron fan. It's alright.
You are correct, sir, much like when I was a little Fireball Jr. and was a fan of Wilt the Stilt. I was a fan of whatever team he was on.
As for the Cavs, I became a fan of sorts their first season, '70-'71, when, two days after graduating from Kent State University, I began a dream job, sportswriter for the Akron Beacon Urinal (every paper has its "pet" name). I covered the Cavs' first game ever, an exhibition against the Buffalo Braves, and even after I left Ohio for Virginia, I rooted for the Cavs. LeBron wasn't even close to being born yet.
Then, in time, the love affair faded and I had no favorite NBA team, 'Cuse became my passion when I returned to Rochester. I'd root for players -- big 76ers fan when Iverson was playing, e.g. -- and, pretty much, that was it until I became aware of a kid who was going to a Catholic school down the street from where I lived in the early '70s in hole Akron, Ohio. Began to follow the kid in high school, rooted for him when he came outta high school and, from the get-go, clearly was no run-of-the-mill "great new thing."
I jumped back on the Cavs bandwagon as LeBron took the worst team in the league to the NBA finals in just a few seasons and pulled for them until LBJ went "away to college" in Florida for a few years. Was stoked when he decided to go back to Cleveland, particularly with Dion there, thought it made a great story line. As I watched the Cavs religiously again, I also became a big fan of Kyrie, Tristan Thompson, then Mozgov and JR and Iman when they arrived mid-season.
So, yes, my friend, I am guilty as charged, a LeBron fan first. I was hoping he'd go to the Knicks, I'd much rather root for them.

I'm still in shock Gibson got ejected for that. Dellavedova clearly instigated it by pulling some sissy scissor lock on Gibson leg. Gibson, like most men would when getting prodded by a little annoying Aussie, kicks himself free. It's bad enough that anytime someone shoves someone we need to go to the monitors for 10 minutes and then hand out 40 technicals, now we can't even have normal rough play without getting thrown out? Basketball needs to lighten the , or man the I should say. Noone wants to watch a game played by emotionless robots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom