Our Front 7 | Syracusefan.com

Our Front 7

Ish88888

All American
While I have been negative about the T2 defense, I can't help but give props to our front 7. Especially, the last few weeks. VT and BC were two physically imposing Olines with big backs and a reputation for physicality. Our DTs not only held the LOS, but won battles and penetrated, our young DEs have been better at containment, and yes, while undersized, our LBs have been running around and making plays! Especially bennett and Zaire. Props to coaches Ward, Kaufman, and Reynolds. Lets shock Clemson coming off a tough game @ FSU.

After a bad start, I am really impressed with how well this defense has played against the run. It hasn't been dominant but it has been effective overall since Ellison was moved into the lineup at safety.

The linebackers and secondary have improved in coverage too. If we could only get more of a pass rush (without blitzing), this defense would be quite solid.

There is a pretty decent chance we add at least 1 more solid cover corner next year with all the pieces we are being forced to play this year. much more depth from day 1. Hopefully the cover mistakes of UL/ND go way down and you end up with just the physical size/speed issues which is about all you can ask from the backend guys. as the DE grow into their positions so goes the pass rush as well.

I cant get the Louie, S Florida and ND games out my mind but it's good to see progress from the defense. Im hoping they keep it up for sure. They played the Pro style teams fairly well. Im worried about the them going against the spread teams, especially ones with dual threats QB's.

I cant get the Louie, S Florida and ND games out my mind but it's good to see progress from the defense. Im hoping they keep it up for sure. They played the Pro style teams fairly well. Im worried about the them going against the spread teams, especially ones with dual threats QB's.
Good thoughts Money. The best thing about this is the dual threat QBs are on the teams which we will be hard pressed to win against anyway. NC state and Pitt don't have dual threat QBs, although Pitt has great RBs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom