Paging Imperial and all Liverpool fans please explain why they axe Rodgers? | Syracusefan.com

Paging Imperial and all Liverpool fans please explain why they axe Rodgers?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Why? I don't get this. You guys are the fans so you know. Is this the right call? I mean John Henry and FSG really confuse me. I get he has made some bad signings but it is crazy to me he has been sacked when Liverpool is still in contention to finish top 4. Carlo Ancelotti or Jurgen Klopp are the names I read to be rumored to be the next manager.

He had three years to get something resembling a back line. Spent a good amount of quid trying to do it, too.

Not a Liverpool guy, but I feel bad for BR. Dude bleeds Liverpool football.

Jurgen Klopp is going to be the next Liverpool manager.

Reading about Rodgers relationship with FSG and most specifically Tom Werner makes you feel bad for Rodgers. Werner is like that man child who has made a lot of money but doesn't just want to win he wants the fans to know he is one making the decisions. The Red Sox won 3 WS with Larry Lucchino in the power role and since Werner took him the Sox have sucked these past 2 years.

I hope Liverpool comes back as the top of the EPL is wide open and I think they can still finish top 4.

Why? I don't get this. You guys are the fans so you know. Is this the right call? I mean John Henry and FSG really confuse me. I get he has made some bad signings but it is crazy to me he has been sacked when Liverpool is still in contention to finish top 4. Carlo Ancelotti or Jurgen Klopp are the names I read to be rumored to be the next manager.

Think the mindset is to move on before the damage is irreparable. Fair amount of the fan base was calling for his head before the season even began, the recent run of games has pretty much brought even the most ardent supporters into agreement. Think the poll on thisisanfield from 2+ weeks ago had 91% in favor of moving on. Here is our run of form since drawing Arsenal:
Saturday, 12 September 2015
Man Utd 3 - 1 Liverpool
Thursday, 17 September 2015
Bordeaux 1 - 1 Liverpool
Sunday, 20 September 2015
Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
Wednesday, 23 September 2015
Liverpool 1 - 1 Carlisle
Saturday, 26 September 2015
Liverpool 3 - 2 Villa
Thursday, 1 October 2015
Liverpool 1 - 1 Sion
Sunday, 4 October 2015
Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool

In most of those 1-1 draw we had a 1-0 lead that we couldn't A) build on or B) hold on to. Following a drubbing by United we've surrounded a skin of the teeth win over Villa with 1-1 draws to clubs we shouldn't be struggling with. We had a tough road slate to start but with the struggles to Norwich, Carlisle, and Sion at home... that's too much to take.

Problem is BR trying to run formations that our players aren't best suited for. He's never solved the issue of our back line and in addition we also have been getting over run in the midfield as well as lacking clear goal scoring chances in the final 3rd. It appears he lost the locker room at some point since there is/was a decided lack of urgency on the pitch despite the frantic cries for attacking football on the pitch. BR's tactics grew stale and he seemed over his head trying to figure out another way.

The issues that are glaring and repetitive from this LFC fan:
-Ball recovery too deep in our own half causing vast empty spaces for MF to try and link attack
-Set piece defense has been dreadful and still has been
-MF getting over run. Opposing coaches have realize Coutinho is our offensive catalyst and as such man mark him out of the game. BR never seemed to craft an answer to this.
-attacking players only getting service too far from the goal. when we do break we don't seem to have numbers in the box that other clubs do. why is that?

End game, we have a less than ironclad defense sitting too deep looking chaotic and attacking players only getting looks 25 yards from net. Klopp seems the logical answer to this since he plays a high pressing/intensity counter attacking game that LFC fans crave. On paper, we seem to have players to fit that mold. Of course we've loaned out or sold a fair amount that potentially could've stayed home to help the cause which has lead to nobody being quite sure what BR was on about in the transfer market. Death by a thousand cuts as it were but the product on the field has been dreadfully inconsistent considering the recognized internationals we have on roster. Small club tactics don't transfer to a relatively large payroll club. LS papered over a lot of cracks for one year but with him gone we have no recognized stars and more worryingly nobody progressing towards that point. Player development is what Klopp did/does well so with his brand of football, track record at Dortmund, and our young roster he seems to check all the boxes of what we need.

Will it work? No way to tell until we see it BUT again he plays the high energy attacking style that LFC fans are begging for.

More home fixtures against top teams left on the schedule I really think going from 10th to 3rd or 4th is possible. What has happened to Chelsea is amazing. I don't trust Leceister or Crystal Palace to remain in top 5 spots.
Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool and probably Chelsea will be competing for that 4th UEFA CL spot I think.
I have no idea to who to favor for the league title between City, United, and Arsenal it is going to be weird on the top.

More home fixtures against top teams left on the schedule I really think going from 10th to 3rd or 4th is possible. What has happened to Chelsea is amazing. I don't trust Leceister or Crystal Palace to remain in top 5 spots.
Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool and probably Chelsea will be competing for that 4th UEFA CL spot I think.
I have no idea to who to favor for the league title between City, United, and Arsenal it is going to be weird on the top.

EPL table looks a bit like the ACC table right now. No one really knows what to make of anyone at this point. 1 week a team looks like world beaters (ahem... city, arsenal) and the next week the flounder. United seem to be the most consistent but where will they find goals from? It's all there to be had at this point for any team that can put together a solid run of form.

The reason was pretty simple. They let him spend zillions of dollars on new talent, sure of it was picked by a transfer committee, but pretty much every club is run that way nowadays. And then in his last few interviews, he started blaming ownership for the lack of talent at his disposal. I mean, Benteke was his top choice and Benteke doesn't fit Brendan's style. He was all over the map, wildly inconsistent, and prone to saying overblown, embarrassing things to the media.

I'm late to the game for this thread but even in Klopp's first 4 games it's obvious that it was the right choice to ditch Rogers. Klopp and Rogers aren't that far apart in terms of coaching philosophy... Klopp's Dortmund teams at their best played a lot like the Reds team of the 2nd half of the 13-14 season when Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were terrorizing the EPL. The key difference seems to be that Rogers lucked into a half season of it while Klopp designs his team to get there which in theory mean that Klopp will get there more consistently. So far in 4 games of Klopp I've seen:
- a much more solid D
- a commitment to teamwide pressing
- which has led to more shots on goal
- control over the game

The only thing that has been missing is finishing and concentration throughout the entire game so teams don't score cheap goals against the run of play. Unfortunately this is down to the players and I don't think Klopp can change that overnight. He even commented on it by saying players can't lose their mind at critical times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom