Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC

Learning a new offensive scheme with all new terminology and employing an entirely different defense without the type of players to make it work while turning a roster over is not easy or fast. We have been and continue to be at a talent deficit to most teams we play.
If all that matters is talent then there is no point in playing the games.

Coaching matters in football. It will not take Babers 3-4 years. It will take 2 years to see the fruits of his labor. Nobody expects 8-4 next year or 2017. We expect to see improvement.

Dino Babers took over a 2-9 Eastern Illinois team. By year 2 they were 12-1.
Since he left 5-7 and 7-5.

He is a good football coach. You want the narrative you believe to fact when it isn't. Dino did not have a huge talent advantage. He coaches his talent to fit his system.
He took over that team when the talent was maturing . Eastern Illinois made the FCS playoffs 7 out of the ten years before he got there , that is superpower status . My main point is stop building up expectations which are hard to live up to and will make the job much more difficult to accomplish. You know fans and the media turn on a dime.

He took over that team when the talent was maturing . Eastern Illinois made the FCS playoffs 7 out of the ten years before he got there , that is superpower status . My main point is stop building up expectations which are hard to live up to and will make the job much more difficult to accomplish. You know fans and the media turn on a dime.
and yet...Hunt for the Heisman.

Who was the last Syracuse HC to come to Syracuse with prior HC experience in D-1? SWC75 has given the board this answer numerous times.

Syracuse actually hired the right fit this time and not a cheap Defensive assistant or Doug Marrone. We hired a prior HC. Babers expectations are to improve the program. Not make us 9-3 next year. He will just move the needle up. If we see entertaining football these first years he has done his job.

He took over a team when the talent was maturing? Whatever man, 2-9 to 12-1, that's coaching. The talent didn't come to fruition in 8 offseason months without the proper guidance and coaching.

I think the expectations should be built up, they should be hard to live up to, otherwise, why make a change?

He was brought here to improve our record, nothing more, nothing less. So, improve Syracuse's record. Any coach who would tell you he's not up to that challenge isn't much of a coach at all.

Fans who have no idea what they're looking at turn on a dime. He'll be afforded patience if it's due.

While I agree he should be in trouble, the fact that he has a long contract will keep him at BC for years.

BTW is it just me or is it not strange that these topics which are loosely related keep getting combined in this forum? It wouldn't be a big deal if we had thread view which is far superior. Then you can see that the topic has changed direction. But simply combining everything seems odd.

You're nuts. Thread view is the devil.

I was trying to have his back since almost everyone was busy trashing him , like your still doing.
well, if it wasnt clear to you and anyone that you need a lot of help posting...that should clinch it.

you threw gasoline into the fire.

He took over a team when the talent was maturing? Whatever man, 2-9 to 12-1, that's coaching. The talent didn't come to fruition in 8 offseason months without the proper guidance and coaching.

I think the expectations should be built up, they should be hard to live up to, otherwise, why make a change?

He was brought here to improve our record, nothing more, nothing less. So, improve Syracuse's record. Any coach who would tell you he's not up to that challenge isn't much of a coach at all.

Fans who have no idea what they're looking at turn on a dime. He'll be afforded patience if it's due.
When Vegas comes out with season win total o/u it will be around 2.5 - 3.5.

CousCuse said:

It won't be 2.5.

well, if it wasnt clear to you and anyone that you need a lot of help posting...that should clinch it.

you threw gasoline into the fire.
Everything is clear in retrospect. Players are kids , coaches are adults. Kids really need and people to build them up , that is not too difficult to understand. I still see greatness in Terrell Hunt.

You're nuts. Thread view is the devil.

Majority of topics end up having tangents. There is zero way to see those in topic. This topic alone has 5 tangents. You cannot tell that unless you go into the topic and read everyone. With thread you can go in and read only what interests you. The format on scout was far superior.

ArtsJunk is going to have a fit. With Addazio and Pasqualoni, BC is going to have CT and MA recruiting on lockdown.

Our talent level has improved from last year and last our O/U was 4.5

You don't get O/U they are designed to get money on both sides. No way Vegas thinks 3.5 will be the number. Our O/U will likely be 4.5 again or maybe 5.

What does that have to do with anything I said?
Because that is the reality for next season , assessed by people who will look at it dispassionately . I look at the schedule and think , where can we get a win . Every team is improved and most of them ( Except VTECH ) have retained their staff. Does this seam like an easy schedule to you . On the road at BC and Wake are 2 games people are counting as wins but so are their fans. At UConn , that will be a war.

Majority of topics end up having tangents. There is zero way to see those in topic. This topic alone has 5 tangents. You cannot tell that unless you go into the topic and read everyone. With thread you can go in and read only what interests you. The format on scout was far superior.

I pretty much read all posts, unless the post is particularly long. Don't recall scout having thread view, but it's been a while since I was there. That said, I can't stand it.

I pretty much read all posts, unless the post is particularly long. Don't recall scout having thread view, but it's been a while since I was there. That said, I can't stand it.
we had the option of thread or topic.

smart folk :) went with thread view...for precisely the reason king stated.

you could find a tangent of interest and jump in.

and everyone who didnt want to read that particular tangent, didnt have to.

it was beautiful.

Because that is the reality for next season , assessed by people who will look at it dispassionately . I look at the schedule and think , where can we get a win . Every team is improved and most of them ( Except VTECH ) have retained their staff. Does this seam like an easy schedule to you . On the road at BC and Wake are 2 games people are counting as wins but so are their fans. At UConn , that will be a war.
I understand what you're saying, and I understand realistic expectations. But if anyone thinks this staff is anticipating a 3-5 win season, they're flat out wrong.

I really don't care about the opinion of Vegas. They're basing prediction off of recent history more than anything preseason and I don't think our recent history is an accurate reflection of our capabilities.

Finwad32 said:
I understand what you're saying, and I understand realistic expectations. But if anyone thinks this staff is anticipating a 3-5 win season, they're flat out wrong. I really don't care about the opinion of Vegas. They're basing prediction off of recent history more than anything preseason and I don't think our recent history is an accurate reflection of our capabilities.

I think Babers and Bowling Green were known quantities in the gambling world last year. Our talent + Babers = positive assessment.

Making couscouses point invalid

So it's possible that Deleone and Pasqualoni could recruit against one another.

we had the option of thread or topic.

smart folk :) went with thread view...for precisely the reason king stated.

you could find a tangent of interest and jump in.

and everyone who didnt want to read that particular tangent, didnt have to.

it was beautiful.

I don't mind being stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom