Pat Forde projects 'Cuse a loser to Wake | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pat Forde projects 'Cuse a loser to Wake

Well...I'm simplistic but I look for another good SU defense and an improved SU offense with generally good results. Wake may be a decent team with quickness on offense, but I think we'll make more noise on offense ourselves. I look for a good game in the 20s with us winning by about 7. I believe the team to be motivated and more game-ready in general than in the Robinson years. How can we not be optimistic?

I look for Wake knowing Syracuse is going to try to stuff the middle and try a lot of play action passes so it might be up to our new corners to step up and shut that down. 2 more days and we'll see how the Cuse guys react to a real game, I can't wait!

I'd rather every so called expert predict us to lose and then go out and win the actual game played on the field than it be the other way around. Without two or three games under their belt, you can't really predict what will happen the first week of the season. It's the reason Marrone is a little nervous about Wake's capabilities Thursday night. I'm sure that the Wake coaching staff is equally nervous though.

I look for Wake knowing Syracuse is going to try to stuff the middle and try a lot of play action passes so it might be up to our new corners to step up and shut that down. 2 more days and we'll see how the Cuse guys react to a real game, I can't wait!

Remember, Bob, Kevyn Scott's freshman year was Coach Mac's final season. hardly a "new corner" :)

Remember, Bob, Kevyn Scott's freshman year was Coach Mac's final season. hardly a "new corner" :)

Coach Mac, wow SU certainly knows how to redshirt players! :)