Patterson transferring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Patterson transferring

now? this is nothing new

I was not aware of others. Well, besides Devo and Harris, but they weren't shown the door because of their lack of abilities.

I was not aware of others. Well, besides Devo and Harris, but they weren't shown the door because of their lack of abilities.
JB cleared the decks after the 2002 season as well, pushing out DeShaun Williams, James Thues & Greg Davis. let's hope this has the same payoff.

We've done it countless times.

I agree and I don't think Devo and Harris were run out because they couldn't play that was more of a JB was sick of babysitting and managing the attitudes. This is different we Calhoun'ed Mike Williams 7' 3" wingspan basketball, Devin Brennan-McBride.

That sucks. So now we are no better than UConn when they ran kids off. Glorious times for SU athletics boys and girls. Glorious.

We didnt run them off. The ncaa did. We had 13 on scholarship next year w only cooney leaving. We had no choice.

cuseguy said:
This is a business. You want to win, this is what happens. They weren't going to play much next year. Unfortunate, but I wish them the best.

Did anyone see Mccullough tweet "it's a business" earlier today?..hmmmm

The wheels of the Buss go ' round and 'round...

Good luck, Ron. Hope you find a niche somewhere.

not necessarily. What happens if we take bryant, hes not one and done, and mccollough doesnt have a good year. Were then back at 12 w only cooney leaving.

And G.

That would only get us down to 11, but it's more manageable.

I guess a lot could happen.

1. Maybe Bryant doesn't come here
  2. Maybe he does, but is a one-and-done
  3. Maybe McCullough declares hardship next season
  4. Maybe Coleman can't bounce back physically and calls it a career
  5. Maybe Obokoh decides to transfer
  6. Maybe the NCAA reduces our penalty, say from 3 scholarship reductions per year to 2 per year, providing us with a little added flexibility

For the record, I'm not advocating any of those things--just saying that there's a lot of ways to free up that 1 'ship we'll need to get down to 10 by 2016-2017.

Last edited:
not necessarily. What happens if we take bryant, hes not one and done, and mccollough doesnt have a good year. Were then back at 12 w only cooney leaving.
Chino could be next year

am i correct in thinking that given the sanctions imposed by the NCAA these kids are immediately eligible to play elsewhere ?

am i correct in thinking that given the sanctions imposed by the NCAA these kids are immediately eligible to play elsewhere ?

Was wondering the same thing, believe that's generally the case in football.

No they will have to RS next year and sit out. We are eligible for post season play unless they transfer close to home and petition the NCAA for a waiver because of a family illness both Patterson and Johnson will sit next year.

I don't think that's correct because we didn't get a post-season ban.

I don't think so, because nobody was losing a postseason next year.

Chino could be next year

I forgot mike. That leaves room for bryant but then we need two more underclassmen to leave after next year to fit moyer and battle. However much more doable.

I really wouldve preferred to keep bj.

Since he said he wants to play closer to home, perhaps Butler or Dayton would be a good destination.

Blah. I always liked Patterson. Not sure he ever would have been much more than a glue guy - but I enjoyed his style of play. A guard with a bit of creativity in his game.

Two down.

And G.

That would only get us down to 11, but it's more manageable.

I guess a lot could happen.

1. Maybe Bryant doesn't come here
  2. Maybe he does, but is a one-and-done
  3. Maybe McCullough declares hardship next season
  4. Maybe Coleman can't bounce back physically and calls it a career
  5. Maybe Obokoh decides to transfer

For the record, I'm not advocating any of those things--just saying that there's a lot of ways to free up that 1 'ship we'll need to get down to 10 by 2016-2017.
Maybe we get one scholly restored. That's best case imo. Hate to see these 2 guys out before their time, or anyone else still on the roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom