Paul Chryst from Pitt to Wisconssin | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Paul Chryst from Pitt to Wisconssin

Chryst was just 19-19 in 3 years at Pitt. What kind of program gets their .500 coach hired away?

Chryst was just 19-19 in 3 years at Pitt. What kind of program gets their .500 coach hired away?

Gene Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa State when he got the Auburn job.

X3qE1Im.png

Schiano was one win over .500 at Ruckers.

Schiano was one win over .500 at Ruckers.

Yeah, but at least Schiano walked into a winless program.

Chryst walked into a .500 program and took them to a .500 program.

I think life as a Pitt fan has to be even more frustrating than SU. They always recruit well, but they're just stuck in blah. At least we like to throw in a 3 win season, keep things interesting. Build it up, tear it down, build it up again. They're just even steven, 6 wins, trip to Birmingham, zzzzzzzzz.

youre all a bunch of jealous guys over programs that no how to hire a HC & and OC.

People are talking about Wisconsin having problems holding on to head coaches for football. What about Pittsburgh?

Recent Pitt Football Head Coach History

2010 Dave Wannstedt
2010 Mike Haywood (16 days)
2010 Todd Graham (1 year)
2011 Paul Chryst (3 years)
2014 (?)

5 head coaches in the span of 5 years. And that doesn't count the 2 coordinators who coached the team in bowl games after a head coach left after the regular season.

yea but its good when your hc are leaving for better positions. it is indicative of a good hire.

LOL... I love when teams mention guys they want to coach that have ridiculously cushy and lucrative commentating TV gigs with no pressure.

We want "insert ridiculous name here" he can coach us, he's an Alum!!

Dan Marino
John Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jimmy Johnson
Dick Vermiel
Lou Holtz
etc...
Dick Vermiel did leave his TV gig to come back and coach, twice, I think.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Wisconsin:
Regarding reports Paul Chryst will be named head coach at Wisconsin, athletic director Barry Alvarez said, "We are continuing the process of finding our new head coach. We have not offered the position to anyone. In accordance with University of Wisconsin hiring policies, the earliest we could make an offer to a candidate is Wednesday, Dec. 17. Any accepted offer would be contingent upon approval by the UW System Board of Regents.”

Pitt fans might deny it, but I agree, Chryst made a step up.

Graham...I don't think so. Lateral move by an unstable guy. Bad hire by Pitt. It certainly has worked out for him though.

Wannstedt and Haywood...no.

That was your first mistake
You took your lucky break and broke it in two
Now what can be done for you?
You broke it in two
Holy song thread, Batman.

(Good tune btw)

Too many players packed in on the lines
Too many huddles so they're hiking late
Too many meatheads coaching at the Heinz
Too many play-calls that are out of date

Wait. Are you saying my call to hire Vanessa Williams was unrealistic!!
ep407-own-master-class-vanessa-williams-7-949x534.jpg

Wait!! This could work. She could coach Tightends and Special Teams! Genius.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa{screech}aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

-Yoko
Next verse, same as the first...a little bit louder and a little bit worse

Wanny did a pretty decent job there. He locked down Western PA and Eastern OH for the Panthers.

True that.

All he lacked was a QB.

He was very close and should not have been fired.

He should be brought back and Pederson the AD should be fired.

Wisconsin: According to USA TODAY's George Schroeder, Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez met with Greg Schiano on Thursday. ESPN's Brett McMurphy reports that the meeting was "real informal."