Class of 2015 - Ped State's O'Connor To Transfer. Any SU Interest? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Ped State's O'Connor To Transfer. Any SU Interest?

I would bring him in. He has to sit out next year and then Hunt will be gone. Who knows what will happen with AE and Wilson may not stick around.

We need a QB bad. Why not pursue the kid? A lack of a big time QB is hurting our chances of developing a big time offense.

Symphony Steve said:
A four-star 6-5 pocket passer who was also offered by Michigan State, Miss. State, Rutgirls and Vandy, among others: http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...chael_oconnor_to_1.html#incart_social_feature Showed well in the Blue-White game. I'd take a 6-5 guy who can wing it.
I don't think there's any room at the inn right now. But if one of our current quarterbacks transfers, it would open up a spot and maybe make this possible.

I was under the impressions we are after dual threat QB's (AE, Tears, Dungey). Can a pocket passer run Lesters offense? If so I would have no issue with bringing a kid like that in

I was under the impressions we are after dual threat QB's (AE, Tears, Dungey). Can a pocket passer run Lesters offense? If so I would have no issue with bringing a kid like that in
Maybe I am nuts, but I thought that there was an article where they explained the type of quarterback that they wanted. That being a pass first quarterback with enough athletic ability to run when needed, but not necessarily a true dual threat quarterback. Dual threat seems to conjure a guy that has many set plays for him to run. I don't think that is the offense they are looking for.

Lester had some interesting comments in an interview earlier this year about this particular topic. He basically said he never specifically recruited dual threat QB's, but after working with McDonald he has come to appreciate some things they bring to the table. Sounds like he is open to recruiting DT's. I guess he better be because that's basically all we have on the roster, and the kids being recruited are more DT's then PP's. Personally if Lester is going to run his offense from Elmhurst i'd much rather have him recruit pure pocket passers. Unless he mixes in some aspects of the zone read I don't really see the purpose of having a DT to run that offense? That's why it's kind of strange we kept recruiting DT's? Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Lester had some interesting comments in an interview earlier this year about this particular topic. He basically said he never specifically recruited dual threat QB's, but after working with McDonald he has come to appreciate some things they bring to the table. Sounds like he is open to recruiting DT's. I guess he better be because that's basically all we have on the roster, and the kids being recruited are more DT's then PP's. Personally if Lester is going to run his offense from Elmhurst i'd much rather have him recruit pure pocket passers. Unless he mixes in some aspects of the zone read I don't really see the purpose of having a DT to run that offense? That's why it's kind of strange we kept recruiting DT's? Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Is Dungey a dual threat, or a passer who can scramble if necessary? There's a difference, in my mind.

Is Dungey a dual threat, or a passer who can scramble if necessary? There's a difference, in my mind.

From his film he looked more of a dual threat. Same with Edouard. I do think they are both more developed in the passing aspect then some that get the DT label are.

From his film he looked more of a dual threat. Same with Edouard. I do think they are both more developed in the passing aspect then some that get the DT label are.

I don't share that opinion about Edouard. His mechanics need a LOT of work. People need to temper their short term expectations for him, based upon that IMO.

Dungey seems like a solid propsect. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Maybe I am nuts, but I thought that there was an article where they explained the type of quarterback that they wanted. That being a pass first quarterback with enough athletic ability to run when needed, but not necessarily a true dual threat quarterback. Dual threat seems to conjure a guy that has many set plays for him to run. I don't think that is the offense they are looking for.
If I had to put a face to this description I would go with Aaron Rodgers. Great arm, smart with the ball and more than athletic enough to make things happen with his feet.

If I had to put a face to this description I would go with Aaron Rodgers. Great arm, smart with the ball and more than athletic enough to make things happen with his feet.

Yeah no big deal just perhaps a prototype of the best QB in football today and one of the best of all-time, we don't need much.

I don't share that opinion about Edouard. His mechanics need a LOT of work. People need to temper their short term expectations for him, based upon that IMO.

Dungey seems like a solid propsect. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

AEs total package is way better than AJ.

AEs total package is way better than AJ.

Cecil Howard. Perry Patterson. Joe Fields. To say nothing of countless others.

I think too many posters have grown accustomed to hoping for the next QB we recruit to be the one who'll turn things around. I don't know if Long is the answer, but I do know that he throws the ball a lot better than Edouard.

And for all those who complained about Long's physical stature, they might be surprised to recognize that Edouard--while 2 inches taller--is the same weight.

Last edited:
Cecil Howard. Perry Patterson. Joe Fields. To say nothing of countless others.

I think too many posters have grown accustomed to hoping for the next QB we recruit to be the one who'll turn things around. I don't know if Long is the answer, but I do know that he throws the ball a lot better than Edouard.

And for all those who complained about Long's physical stature, they might be surprised to recognize that Edouard--while 2 inches taller--is the same weight.

AJ doesn't throw a better ball, no way, and he has half the arm strength. AE is a high school version of bridgewater. Not sure why you mentioned those other QBs. But

Yes the services missed on Cecil, a top 5 Qb. Perry ? No different than Wilson. But I'd take him over anyone we have now. Same with Madie and Kevin mason.

Fields? Wasn't ready but might have been as good as hunt.

AE, the former Miami commit, might be the most heavily recruited QB we've landed. Hopefully he makes it here.

AJ doesn't throw a better ball, no way, and he has half the arm strength. AE is a high school version of bridgewater. Not sure why you mentioned those other QBs. But

Yes the services missed on Cecil, a top 5 Qb. Perry ? No different than Wilson. But I'd take him over anyone we have now. Same with Madie and Kevin mason.

Fields? Wasn't ready but might have been as good as hunt.

AE, the former Miami commit, might be the most heavily recruited QB we've landed. Hopefully he makes it here.

I mentioned Cecil / Perry because they were 4-star recruits. And both of them ended up sucking.

For the record, Edouard was a 3 star. There is no way in hell that Edouard throws a better ball than AJ. Sorry--go watch the film, and then tell me what you think of his mechanics and throwing motion.

I hope he's the second coming. But I am fairly certain that it will be a good idea for people to temper their expectations, at least initially.

I mentioned Cecil / Perry because they were 4-star recruits. And both of them ended up sucking.

For the record, Edouard was a 3 star. There is no way in hell that Edouard throws a better ball than AJ. Sorry--go watch the film, and then tell me what you think of his mechanics and throwing motion.

I hope he's the second coming. But I am fairly certain that it will be a good idea for people to temper their expectations, at least initially.

I don't care how many stars he had, his offer sheet was better than all our QBs combined (including Cecil, perry, and joe). His arm strength is fantastic, throws it 50/60 yards barely trying. AJ can't see over the los and his accuracy is terrible. AE can also run better than any Qb on the roster.

His mechanics, idk, he kind of flips it with his wrist but bridgewater didn't have great mechanics either. They're not bad and don't bother me.

He's a high school kid. I don't expect him to come in and be Jameison Winston. Kid has huge upside in my opinion. (Though I still don't think he comes)

I don't care how many stars he had, his offer sheet was better than all our QBs combined. His arm strength isfantastic, throws it 50/60 yards barely trying. AJ can't see over the los and his accuracy is terrible. AE can also run better than any Qb on the roster.

His mechanics, idk, he kind of flips it with his wrist but bridgewater didn't have great mechanics either. They're not bad and don't bother me.

He's a high school kid. I don't expect him to come in and be Jameison Winston. Kid has huge upside in my opinion. (Though I still don't think he comes)

Arm strength--LOL. That's about the least important attribute of being a good passer.

Go back to the film. There is very little in your assessment that I agree with.

Hope you're right, by the way. But I think you are significantly overstating his passing capabilities.