Pelini's Goodbye to his players-- This is just the best | Syracusefan.com

Pelini's Goodbye to his players-- This is just the best

Man, when the recruits get ahold of this, I can see chaos.

I thought it was weird when Pelini ended up at Youngstown State but I get it now. He seems incapable of playing "the game' that you need to play to survive. I don't mind guys telling it like it is. But it's just like marriage, sometimes you have to tell your wife her hair looks good or that outfit looks fantastic or you end up sleeping on the couch most nights.

I thought it was weird when Pelini ended up at Youngstown State but I get it now. He seems incapable of playing "the game' that you need to play to survive. I don't mind guys telling it like it is. But it's just like marriage, sometimes you have to tell your wife her hair looks good or that outfit looks fantastic or you end up sleeping on the couch most nights.

I actually like pelini more after hearing that. I agree with you though. Working at a University and deal with a lot of the nonsense has to be difficult for some of the steak heads but they get paid very well. Pelini should be much happier at this point as will Nebraska.

That was one amazing speech! I didn't know coaches talked like that. ;):rolling:

I actually like pelini more after hearing that. I agree with you though. Working at a University and deal with a lot of the nonsense has to be difficult for some of the steak heads but they get paid very well. Pelini should be much happier at this point as will Nebraska.
it's easy for him to follow his heart and family after collecting millions from nebraska. easy going schools with good perspective about football don't pay their coaches 3 million a year

Nebraska's out of their mind firing Pelini. He won 9-10 games every year. He could Have won a B1G Championship or an NC there .

Nebraska's out of their mind firing Pelini. He won 9-10 games every year. He could Have won a B1G Championship or an NC there .
so could lots of coaches. he had a lot of time. this is nebraska we're talking about, they're allowed to have wild expectations

so could lots of coaches. he had a lot of time. this is nebraska we're talking about, they're allowed to have wild expectations

1973Nebraska9–2–14–2–1T–2ndW Cotton11T7
1974Nebraska9–35–2T–2ndW Sugar98
1975Nebraska10–26–1T–1stL Fiesta99
1976Nebraska9–3–14–3T–4thW Bluebonnet79
1977Nebraska9–35–2T–2ndW Liberty1012
1978Nebraska9–36–1T–1stL Orange88
1979Nebraska10–26–12ndL Cotton79
1980Nebraska10–26–12ndW Sun77

Tom Osbournes 1st 8 years

2003Nebraska1–0[n 1]W Alamo1818
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2008–2010)
2008Nebraska9–45–3T–1st (North)W Gator
2009Nebraska10–46–21st (North)W Holiday1414
2010Nebraska10–46–2T–1st (North)L Holiday1920
Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference) (2011–present)
2011Nebraska9–45–33rd (Legends)L Capital One2424
2012Nebraska10–47–11st (Legends)L Capital One2325
2013Nebraska9–45–3T–2nd (Legends)W Gator25
2014Nebraska9–3[n 2]5–3T–2nd (West)Holiday[n 2]2325

Bo pelini's 1st 7 yrs

Bo: 67-27 (3-3 bowls)
Tom: 65-18-2 (4-3 bowls)

I don't get the love for him.

I find it ironic that he is complaining about the leadership when he's isn't showing any. Anyone can be anointed a leader but it's another thing to be able to lead. His or anyone's success in W/L's shouldn't be the only measure of a great leader.

Always a good value to teach a young individual to undermine your boss in a public forum. That was the meathead speech. He took the firing as a whiny baby.

I don't get the love for him.

I find it ironic that he is complaining about the leadership when he's isn't showing any. Anyone can be anointed a leader but it's another thing to be able to lead. His or anyone's success in W/L's shouldn't be the only measure of a great leader.

Always a good value to teach a young individual to undermine your boss in a public forum. That was the meathead speech. He took the firing as a whiny baby.

Depends how you define leadership which is a word I hate these days, such a cliché in any forum at this point. AD sounds like a dink as well. Pelini is a real meathead, sounds like Nebraska AD leans more towards being an academic or a politician. AD who never goes into the locker room? Tough environment for the two work in, never going to see eye to eye. Dude is a blue collar guy from Youngstown, Ohio, a meathead, and a football coach. He's a coach, he just isn't a politician or polished in any way whatsoever. It's not like he ever hid behind the fact that he didn't like the AD, what he told those kids wasn't a surprise to anyone. Pelini's a football coach, seems that his kids really liked him and he had their respect. Leaders? Ahh just hate the word

Last edited:
It is not the classiest farewell I have ever heard. My first test for a coach is simply whether or not I would want my child to play for him or her. Pelini fails that test for me.

A real tough guy doesn't go crying to his players. It is childish. They are staying there and so is the AD who is helping to pick their next coach, why is it all about him and not the kids left behind who are the real victims in Pelini and the AD's inability to get along? What he did was wimpy, done out of anger. How's he helping his players deal with a situation they have no control about? That's his goodbye to them? Thanks coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom