Penn State sex abuse reported as far back as 1976 | Syracusefan.com

Penn State sex abuse reported as far back as 1976

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
Child told Paterno of sex abuse in 1976, decades before official action
"one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky.""

"...it is the Paterno allegation that is eye-popping, because of the unending national conversation and curiosity over how much the late and legendary Penn State coach may have known about Sandusky's actions during their lengthy careers."

Chu4FEeWwAAh45H

KellySyracuse said:
Child told Paterno of s e x abuse in 1976, decades before official action "one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was s e xually molested by Sandusky."" "...it is the Paterno allegation that is eye-popping, because of the unending national conversation and curiosity over how much the late and legendary Penn State coach may have known about Sandusky's actions during their lengthy careers."

Good grief. What a POS.

The most gut-wrenching and utterly depressing circumstances surrounding an athletic program I've ever read about (and that was before this latest allegation) :( ...I know the Nittany Lion faithful bristle at any suggestion their beloved alma mater should ever be without football because current players and coaches had nothing to do with past abuses but in this case with the unspeakable things that went on inside campus facilities and were known to be happening by the administration and head coach/celebrated icon JoePa, they really should do the right thing to heal these wounds and shut the program down. Happy Valley has turned into some type of depraved Three-Mile Island with toxic remnants of sexual abuse allowed to continue for decades out of fear public knowledge about Jerry Sandusky's evil practices would tarnish Penn State football success now floating in every corner of online discourse about college football, making fans of the sport sick with the realization such madness went on for so long. Now a quick link to the truth is but a click away but how many innocent lives were tarnished in order to put another W in the PSU record books each season first? As someone who used to be a Paterno fan, I hope the blue and white never win another game...:vomit:

Last edited:
KellySyracuse said:
Child told Paterno of sex abuse in 1976, decades before official action "one of Penn State's insurers has claimed "in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU's Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky."" "...it is the Paterno allegation that is eye-popping, because of the unending national conversation and curiosity over how much the late and legendary Penn State coach may have known about Sandusky's actions during their lengthy careers."

No comment.

Think of this analogy - what if Penn State were an NFL team and this happened? The franchise would have to relocate. It wouldn't be allowed to stay. The outrage would be too great.

The NCAA may offer some value to other sports but basketball and football need to be removed from their purview ASAP. They are damaging the reputation of the sports I love most. I cannot think of a single benefit of the NCAA.

Disgusting.

That fanbase [and their defense of that man] is, was, and always will be reprehensible. The NCAA needed to burn that program down to the ground in order to change the culture. They pussed out, which led said delusional fanbase to rationalize that they and their beloved coach were the victims. So much for that fallacy.

i'm actually not a person that likes to revel in the misery of others. but there is something about watching the exceptionalism that forms the psyche of pennstaters be not just challenged, but gradually torn away that is hard not to enjoy if you are remotely familiar with pennstate exceptionalism. joepa's greatest gift was this exceptionalism and the 'deal' he sold the great people of Pennsylvania, and as they say, "he giveth and he taketh away". penn state will be fine, because the lion share of the state's resources go to state college. but the mystique is gone, and the legacy is forever tarnished. they will never put that statue back up, unless it is guarded 24/7 by guys ready to whip some ass. just think of the memes that would surface if they put that statue back.

This is the least surprising yet most disturbing news of the day.

That whole town should be roped off. No one in, no one out.

I feel dirty for going there once.

There is also this:

"The [court] order also cites separate references in 1987 and 1988 in which unnamed assistant coaches witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and unidentified children, and a 1988 case that was supposedly referred to Penn State's athletic director at the time."
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...erno-of-sandusky-abuse-in-1976-004741886.html

Like the Clemson man, I too was an admirer of Paterno and PSU as it seemed they were successful running a clean program without the recruiting violations, etc. of the "name schools", like USC, and were a role model for FSU (my school) and other independents trying to be successful in the difficult world of major college football in the 1980s.

If these allegations are true, however, this is a very disturbing development, shedding more light on the later issues - I'm not a lawyer, but will guess PSU would try to reach confidential settlements with these claimants to prevent further discovery.

This also puts the issue of removing wins from coaches back in the spotlight. The NCAA I recall removed some PSU wins but later restored them. Bobby Bowden has said he wants his 12 or so wins restored and I think the same should be true for Jim Boeheim.

Last edited:
I think Sandusky and his foundation were part of a larger pedo network. The whole thing is just evil to the marrow and Penn State football should have ended, never to return.
In light of the recent revelations, I must wholeheartedly agree.

The amount of delusion Paterno supporters must live in is mind-boggling. If I'm a coach and I hear about a potential abuse situation with one of my coaches, I vet the crap out of the allegation. Two? Three? How many reports did he receive?

And yet - they claim he knew nothing and then when he did know took it to the chain of command. The reason this particular claim is like a damn fireball is that it rips a giant whole in the argument they've been pushing for the last few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom