Penn State sex abuse reported as far back as 1976 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Penn State sex abuse reported as far back as 1976

after finding this out, the NCAA is so damn mad that they gave back paterno his wins...they are now going to dock JB another 100.

The only real question is, Did PSU have a written policy on child molestations?

The new allegations come from 1976. Penn State's own settlement arrangement covers claims from as far back as 1971. It's not a big jump to think these latest claims are true. But Penn State is going to ride the "We are being persecuted" train all the way to end of the tracks.

Last edited:
The new allegations come from 1976. Penn State's own settlement arrangement covers claims from as far back as 1971. It's not a big jump to think these latest claims are true. But Penn State is going to ride the "We are being persecutied" train all the way to end of the tracks.
While true, do the cases associated with the NCAA investigation go anywhere near the Jurasic Period?

I'm speechless. I have things I'd like to say that could be pertinent but the subject is too overwhelming.

It looks like the lawsuit by the Paterno family against the NCAA may be opening "a can of worms" for PSU, since now there will be testimony from men who claim abuse going back to 1976 (another source even said 1971) - I read elsewhere they spoke to "Jim (Tarman?) and Joe" over the phone.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/judge...ms-paterno-ncaa-lawsuit-190833362--ncaaf.html

For some reason, I'm getting better sports information from Yahoo than ESPN.

It looks like the lawsuit by the Paterno family against the NCAA may be opening "a can of worms" for PSU, since now there will be testimony from men who claim abuse going back to 1976 and 1971 - I read they spoke to "Jim (Tarman?) and Joe" over the phone.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/judge...ms-paterno-ncaa-lawsuit-190833362--ncaaf.html

For some reason, I'm getting better sports information from Yahoo than ESPN.
Embarrassing for ESPN. Yahoo's like the national inquirer.

Disgusting this man's behavior. Joe Pa and Bill Cosby both people who thought to be good but are sick men.

Shame on Penn State and Joe Pa's statute should be melted now.

SU fans should take up a collection to purchase it, melt it down and use it as toilets or a trough in the refurbished Carrier Dome. It's the next best thing to using his actual grave.

The thing about Penn State is that the entire identity of the institution revolves around Paterno. The whole mantra of him turning what was a 'cow college' into the 'mighty research institution' it is today.

There are people at Penn State who simply cannot deal with the likelihood that 'St. Joe' was tarnished b/c it goes to the entire raison d'etre of the school. They will do everything they can to preserve the legend. BTW, the Vegas over/under number on how often the statue goes up and comes down is 3.5.

In some ways Paterno is even worse than Sandusky. Sandusky had these obviously strong (sick) urges driving him. Paterno wanted football wins and to protect his legacy. I wish he would have lived long enough to receive the public abuse. The Paterno family can now officially shut the .

JoePa is a creep and anyone who still defends him is just a big a creep as he is

Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley knew about Sandusky as well.

The JoeBots will somehow spin this that the media is at fault. I'm sure any article about this will have at least one PSU fan saying something to the effect of, "Just let the man rest in peace. He did so much for the university". It disgusts me to my very core.

Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley knew about Sandusky as well.
“I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning, but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said that he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

Testimony: Greg Schiano Witnessed Jerry Sandusky With a Boy in Shower While He Was Penn State Assistant

In 2011, Schiano was asked if he had any inkling of Sandusky’s alleged behavior when he was an assistant at Penn State. He responded:

Because of the situation being what it is, I’m not even going to get into it. I’m so far removed. Again, you don’t need people making commentaries on things like this. It’s just a sad thing.

McQueary did not testify as to any knowledge about what happened after Schiano reportedly talked to Tom Bradley, and there is no indication or claim as to whether Schiano had a discussion with Joe Paterno. The Big Lead reached out again to Greg Schiano in light of his name appearing in McQueary’s deposition, and he has not responded.

Last edited:
“I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning, but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said that he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”
Urban Meyer will be calling Schiano into his office this week and I am sure he will resign or here this.

Paterno was focused on a football season and that's why he couldn't report it? Good thing that team went 7-5 in 1976.

F Paterno to the fullest. Melt that statue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom